ANiceBitOfDust's real food diary, might be pic heavy! No dust included!!

ANiceBitOfDust

Welcome to my food diary :D

I'm a big fan of cooking and of real food, you won't find mugshots in here! :eat:

Please please please feel free to comment, for good or bad - am a (VERY!) big girl and can take it! I follow Extra Easy although several times I am finding my days could be Red but I don't have the extra HE's. I've been on plan 5 weeks now and lost 10lbs in 3 weigh ins, got my fourth tomorrow.

Weight losses so far:
Week 1 -4lb
Week 2 -5.5lb SOW, half stone award :D
Week 3 -0.5lb
Week 4 -3.5lb SOW & SOM!!! :D
Week 5 +0.5lb wtf??
Week 6 -4.5lb 1 stone award :D
Week 7 -0.5lb
Week 8 M
Week 9 +1
Week 10 -5.5
Week 11 -0.5

Will start by adding today's food so far, and edit it later on :) photos will follow

Brunch: grilled liver (needed using up) 2 poached eggs, 1/3 sf tinned plum tomatoes
Snack: grapefruit, quark, sweetener, limejuice
Tea plans: chicken breast stuffed with HEA cheese, wrapped in trimmed bacon, 1/3 sf steamed cauli and cabbage, 1 syn for HP sauce
Evening snack: banana, grapefruit, mullerlite
Supper: HEB all bran choc crunch

Last edited:
Food diary looks ok. Try to fit in some Healthy Extras though, as if you're doing red they are there to keep the diet well balanced and to ensure you have sufficient fibre.
Only one syn?, you should have a minimum of 5, to ensure you don't get bored with your plan
Keep posting:)

Hello thansk for stopping in past :) I'm doing EE but a lot of my days end up being practically red by chance lol

I normally I have around 10 syns a day, tend to have them as ingredients in meals rather than choc etc but I do have the odd rare day where I don't have more than a few syns and I'm not going to force myself to eat for the sake of it, that's what got me into this mess! Last night, I did have HE measurement of All bran choc crunch just plain so will go and edit :)

hahaha

well just been to weigh in- 3.5lbs off :)

was a measly half lb away from my stone award booo! but then I did have two other award to keep me going lol Slimmer of the week and Slimmer of the month wahoooooooo!!!!!!!!

Todays food:

B: 2 hifi light HEB, grapefruit
L: pickled gherkins, onions, beetroot, red cabbage, cheese HEA, 3 finn crisp thins 3 syns, crabsticks, marmite mixed with quark topping for the thins
T: chicken n veg chow mein (half portion) boiled rice (half portion) will allow the 6.5 syns it says in book as I think that half would be about the serving size?
Snacks: quark with lime juice, apple, hifi light bar 3 syns

Syns total: 12.5

Sounds like your doing really well =] keep it up =]

Hello thansk for stopping in past :) I'm doing EE but a lot of my days end up being practically red by chance lol

I normally I have around 10 syns a day, tend to have them as ingredients in meals rather than choc etc but I do have the odd rare day where I don't have more than a few syns and I'm not going to force myself to eat for the sake of it, that's what got me into this mess! Last night, I did have HE measurement of All bran choc crunch just plain so will go and edit :)
10 syns a day is good - a long way down the line (which is still a dream to me :)) and we have lost a lot of weight and reach a plateau, we will have the option of cutting out syns to jump start you into losing again. So if we don't have the syns, it's hard to find something to cut out. Won't it be nice to be in that place where we have that dilemma eh:)
Your latest food diary is looking good.

A bit of a crap day really, still technically all on plan but really lacking in my usual huge amounts of sf - feel ill and really can't be bothered!

brunch: leftover chinese takeaway 6.5 syns
afternoon snack: grapefruit, 2 plums
tea: 2x quorn sticky gingerlime, mashed potato, baked beans
Snack: kiwi, apple, quark mixed with lime juice n sweetener

Hea cheese
Heb hifi bar before bed
Syns: 6.5
Superfree: grapefruit/2plums/apple/kiwi

Last edited:
Today so far:

Brunch: grapefruit, half an activia fat free yogurt (didn't like it) 2 LM rosemary red onion saus, tinned toms, 2 scrambled herby eggs
Tea: 2 quorn sticky fillets, tomato pasta packet thing
Snacks: slice cheese HEA Hifi light (half heb), banana, kiwi, apple, 2 plums
HE's: cheese, hifi lights
Superfree: grapefruit, tinned tomatoes, banana, kiwi, apple, 2 plums,

Syns:
walls feast ice lolly 14?!?!?!?!?! syns, and I didn't even enjoy it, tasted awful :(

Not a great day veg wise, again, blaming this cold.

Last edited:
B: grapefruit, banana
L: roasted aubergine stuffed with savoury rice, curry powder and mushrooms cooked in a tin of chopped tomatoes for extra sf, hea cheese melted on top
T: braised beef, cabbage, turnip, cauliflower, onions
Snack: crabsticks, jelly pot

Evening snack: HEb hifibar, warmed in microwave pressed down as a base, quark mixed with sweetener/white choc options,

He's: cheese, hifi bar
Syns: Options 2, 2 tsp wholegrain mustard 1, jellypot 0.5 martini extra dry 50ml 2.5 total 6
Superfree: grapefruit, banana, aubergine, tinned toms, mushrooms, turnip, onions, cauli, cabbage

Last edited:
B: fruit salad - banana, plum, kiwi, apple, mango, melon, orange, pineapple, grapes
L: leftovers from yday, half an aubergine, rice, mushrooms, tinned toms, chicken, HEA cheddar, 100ml mayflower curry sauce 4 syns
T: lean grilled bacon and lettuce sandwich, EL mayo 1tbsp 0.5 syns, HEB small wholemeal
Evening snack: ham spread with quark, salt pepper, rolled up with lettuce leaves inside
Snacks: grapefruit
He's: HEB wholemeal bread, HEA cheddar
Syns: curry sauce 4 syns, el mayo 0.5, 3x martini extra dry 7.5 -Total 12 syns
Superfree: aubergine, tomato, mushroom, lettuce, grapefruit, banana, plum, kiwi, apple, mango, melon, orange, pineapple, grapes, lettuce

Last edited:
A bit nervous today as changing groups so have my weigh in tonight instead of on a wednesday night, hopefully I will get at least 0.5lb so I can get my 1st award!

B: kiwi x2, pineapple, dollop of ff greek yogurt
L: heb small wholemeal bread, filled with lean bacon and lots of crispy lettuce, 1tbsp el mayo 0.5 syns
T: pasta with a chicken, a leek, a red pepper, hea low low cheese/quark sauce, salad leaves to garnish
Snacks: apple, 2 plums, quark/options
HE; 2 small wholemeal slices, 60g low low black pepper spread
Syns: 0.5 el mayo, 2 Options
Superfree: lettuce x2lots, kiwi x 2, pineapple, leek, red pepper, apple, 2 plums

Last edited:
hmm 0.5 on

not sweating it too much though, weighed in a few days earlier than normal, had a cold and went off veggies so wasn't having that 1/3 sf for a day or two and also had bread twice and pasta twice in the same week.

Your Feast lolly was 14 syns???!!! Mine are 8 (i think!!) they say 160 cals each on the box anyway :sigh:

That 0.5lbs on doesn't count btw as it's a mid week WI! Weigh on your normal day and i bet it's disappeared.

Unfortunately I can't as swapped groups now so that gain will have to stay in my head till next Monday! :(

Today's food:

B: 2 hifi lights HEB (started new job and not quite got time to have anything more than this or fruit I can eat on the way, unless I get up SUPER early (which I am not going to do!))
L: subway salad bowl with turkey breast and ham, it had a few black olives in which looking at syns online will guesstimate at 1.5syns, have syns in hand from yday to cover anyhow - and I put on some tuna and exL mayo at 1 syn
T: chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, roasted and served with a sauce of chicken stock pot, quark, tarragon (if it works...) a few sw wedges, half a leek and oodles mushrooms stirfylighted - (the sauce kind of worked but won't be using stock pots again in a hurry, so so so so salty! And I found out I don't like tarragon, it's aniseedy flavour which I didn't know, I hate that taste))

Snacks:apple, a BLOODY great big piece of (shop) homemade sponge cake with jam and buttercream in the middle and I am SO CROSS with myself for it!!! Wasn't a craving or a * week thing or anything, completely spur of the moment, enjoyed it immensely but regretting it now as I can't syn it and know where I am and be in control - all I think I can do now is save 5 syns a day each day this week to compensate.

Superfree: apple, leek, mushroom, lettuce, red onion, gherkins, jalapeno peppers, green pepper, cucumber
HE: 2 alpen lights, 30g cheddar

Last edited:
Your Feast lolly was 14 syns???!!! Mine are 8 (i think!!) they say 160 cals each on the box anyway :sigh:

i'd checked them a few weeks before and it came up as 8syns, but then I never had one as they'd sold out at cinema, then I double checked last week after having one and yup 14 syns! I don't know if I mistook it, or it was wrong size , or if it's changed so best double check your ones too just in case?

Unfortunately I can't as swapped groups now so that gain will have to stay in my head till next Monday! :(.....................
...............Wasn't a craving or a * week thing or anything, completely spur of the moment

I guess on reflection it was this?

Back