Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

I did read everything, albeit somewhat vertically at times... Your menus are just too tempting for words, Anja, and even though I'm not remotely tempted at the moment, I daren't upset my applecart.

We'll have to open some OS posts!

Right, have just been planning the next week. Thanks to a 'healthy eating' feature in the latest Good Food magazine (I have a subscription as you may have guessed!!) I have been inspired to try lots of new recipes. If they work out I will repost the non-gala ones, some of which need no adjustments to be dukan-friendly! They will also be on-line on their web site in a couple of weeks or so.

I decided I urgently need to break out of my post-Christmas cooking/shopping rut, always returning to the same easy solutions, especially where cooking for the Family is concerned. So I managed to find 5 new recipes to inflict on them this week...

The plan is:

Fri PVC: Basque Salmon Stew (contains potatoes)
Sat Gala: Home made chicken Pie ('reduced fat recipe' with lots of veg and Filo pastry lid) plus some veg, dessert tbc. Maybe some more home cooking efforts by the kids :D
Sun PV: Mustard glazed Pork with Caesar Salad (including apples and cheese)
Mon PVC: Baked Chicken Masala + Rice
Tue Gala: Spaghetti bolognese (it will be the dessert that makes this a 'gala' item)
Wed PV: Beef Stirfry with Ginger & Mushrooms
Thu PP: tbc ;)

Can't wait to start cooking!!

That got me too? Overseas?

Anja I wanna be on conso .... I'm drooling but not tempted. Lol

oh! I probably used the wrong abbreviation for "Off Subject" posts!

I love to read your cooking plans - amazing to think you work full time, have kids, run a house AND have time to turn into a cordon bleu each day! I'm impressed and shall look forward to some more recipes (to put in my file and think "I must try one day!")

Good morning!!

Lovely meals and very much in moderation (more so than my galas!) Well done, Anja.

If you say so :eek:. What's not always shown are the little extras that happen alongside - in the last week I have eaten a few crust of bread (kids leftovers), a cracker with cheese after a long wet cycle home, and one biscuit with a social cup of tea per day. Never huge amounts but I'm sure it add a lot to the 'background noise'

Can't wait to find out about those recipes. (I am the kind of sad person who gets a huge thrill out of reading recipe books!)
Me too :D

maintainer said:
I probably used the wrong abbreviation for "Off Subject" posts!

I love to read your cooking plans - amazing to think you work full time, have kids, run a house AND have time to turn into a cordon bleu each day! I'm impressed and shall look forward to some more recipes (to put in my file and think "I must try one day!")

Ahh you meant OT (off-topic)

thanks now yo do flatter me! I don't *quite* work full time, only school hours 4 days a week so have an extra hour in the morning and evening at home (to catch up with essential chores maybe?)
And definitely not a cordon bleu, more a 'keep it simple - occasionally try and make it interesting' kind of cook...

I do like cooking but recently have been getting so frustrated by my kids turning their noses up at many many things (before we get to the table DD2 lets out a whining wail 'I don't like it' when she eats EVERYTHING at nursery, and they do get 'proper' freshly-cooked food there, I have seen it and know their menus). DD1 is getting better now I have to add though. So for sanity we now have a couple of meals a week without the kids, and I always add an extra veg they like (which kind of boils it down to peas, sweetcorn, cauliflower and broccoli)

Ah well never mind in another 20 years they will have grown out of it - maybe! Eventually they will be so hungry that they just have to eat whatever I give them :D (evil grin) but at the moment it's not working much.

Anyway, back ON-TOPIC

STS for me with a bit of a upwards trend. Now I'm disappointed at that but I have to keep telling myself that it's just one point in the bigger picture. Well see next week...

Today's food (PV carb):

B: Oatbran porridge, yoghurt, the tastiest orange juice EVER (organic ones from Sicily mmmmmh)
S: Coffee... One special choc biscuit (rescued from DH clutches...)
L: Cheese and tomato sandwich, coleslaw with roast pork loin, yoghurt.
D: Salmon stew containing peppers, tomatoes and potatoes. Satsuma

Don't know yet - it's a 'first time' recipe tonight will post it afterwards. Essentially, simmer the Veg in a pan till nearly done and then lie the salmon on top so it gets steamed that way.

Hahahaha! It seems that we're starting to co-ordinate menus - or at least some parts! My gala meal tomorrow will involve pie (a sublimely delicious Mrs Elizabeth King steak one - far less healthy than yours, though!) and I'm due to have a bolognese sauce (with penne as I'm too messy for spaghetti) on Wednesday. :)

Hee hee cool! Well yes some recipes just work better than others don't they! And of course we've been missing the same things so there are some Gala meals we've all 'saved up': Mmmmhh REAL STEAK PIE :) Just hope the kids like mine though. White sauce should help....

Hi,

time for a post-weekend round up... Exercise-wise it's been a flop, the weather was awful so only managed two medium walks with the kids and lost of running up and down the stairs :rolleyes:

Food wise I was good a meal times... the Gala of a 'healthier' chicken pie on Sat was delicious though I think I need to back and practise using the filo pastry (not brushed with enough oil I suspect). The white sauce was stock & a little white wine thickened with cornflour and then some half-fat sour cream (recipe said full-fat crème fraiche) stirred in. It was delicious.

The dessert was rich though - a small individual christmas pud (with a bit more of the crème fraiche) that I had forgotten I had. Very nice, but it's reminded me that I can definitely live without them (it was bought for visitors that didn't materialise in the end)

And of course both on Sat and Sun there was a home-made cookie to taste, and DH opened and shared some of his expensive choccies so I had a couple of those too.

So today I ve managed to be on track so far, and only foresee one minor transgression tonight coming home from a long cycle ride in the dark and wet. Maybe I can turn that into a diet hot choc and feel all good about it :D

Anyway so far:

B: Granola with fresh apple and yoghurt
S: cucumber sticks
L: Leftovers: stirfry (chicken & red cabbage), tiny small bowl of soup (some lentils), a wholemeal cracker and a piece <40gr) of BRIE - could not resist! Yoghurt
D: Chicken Masala bake (with tomatoes and onions) + brown rice. FF/SF jelly
S: diet hot chocolate

Have a good week everyone!

Sounds delicous as usual. As for the transgressions - well, you are getting ready for the Stab stage and eating "normally" again, so I can't see that small ones will do much harm. (As long as you don't do what I used to do and use the small ones as an excuse to go onto bigger ones! ;-) )

Oooh have you given recipes for your granola and also the chicken masala bake? :) both sound gorgeous :) x

Granola is already there, bake coming up once I've tasted it :) It's in the oven right now and smells delicious!

Sounds delicous as usual. As for the transgressions - well, you are getting ready for the Stab stage and eating "normally" again, so I can't see that small ones will do much harm. (As long as you don't do what I used to do and use the small ones as an excuse to go onto bigger ones! ;-) )

Thanks DD yes that's what I keep telling myself (re end of conso) but it's too easy to let your good intention slip and one biscuit become two etc, and a 'gala' becomes nearly three meals (snack, meal, crackers and cheese for afters....). SO I think Galas are a bad idea and I have to rephrase the whole thing. I really must start that 'starting Stabilisation' diary I keep threatening to do, my head is full of thoughts on the subject!

Back