Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

morning hun hope your well xxx

Hello,

yes my PP day turns out better than I'd hoped - I managed without a snack at 10. I just had a cup of coffee and lots of water but was so busy that I didn't even think about food until I came out of my meeting at 12.30. Stomach did not rumble either...

So today:

B: Dukan Bread, slice of ham, bowl of yoghurt
S: coffee
L: smoked Mackerel, egg, cottage cheese. Yoghurt
D: is supposed to be steamed salmon & quark. yoghurt for dessert.

Hi everyone,

as I said in my weekly weigh-in post, I have lost another pound. Which is good but not what was planned, I'm now at 62.4kg.

Jo helpfully suggested going to full one-phase conso, but that does actually sound quite scary.

I have been reading around on the French sites, and they seem to do three different types of conso - progressive three phase and two phase versions or the original one phase conso.

In a nutshell (don't use this as definite instructions!)

• 3-phase: 2 fruit a day but no cheese in phase 1, only in phase 2. the rest more or less as per the 2-phase conso we know from the English book, keeping the 2 fruit.
  • 2-Phase: as per English book with only one celebration and one carb meal a week in the first half.
  • 1-Phase: straight to 2 celebration and 2 carb meals a week.
I was also wondering if extra weight loss means extra conso time tagged on at the end. It doesn't, so that's good :D

On top of my one celebration meal (with a drink!), and one pasta meal, I've been quite lax really: having a tasting teaspoon here and there of the foods I'm cooking for the family (porridge, curry, rice pudding etc etc), and the pork this week was lean mince (5%? fat), which is probably not the very leanest pork you can get. I also had a handful of sesame seeds sprinkled in my stir-fried (no oil..) cabbage earlier this week. At the weekend I had a sneaky teaspoon of home made jam on my breakfast bread. And the Apple Muffin on Sunday.

Now to top it all I actually had a mini choc-chip muffin today as it was someone's leaving do at work. I enjoyed it with no guilt!

Now I think what I will do is stick with phase 1 but get closer to my normal routine: add a small glass of freshly juiced veg/fruit juice in the morning, and eat a slice of 'normal' home made bread which is wholemeal, but usually contains some linseed sunflower seeds.

And then re-visit this plan in a week or two.

I better get back to work now but everyone have a good Friday!

I wish I was you!

anja wot can i say it sounds so so complex and reading ur post i was totally confused and poor jo is sounding so so jealous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) never jealous... just envious... Anja is being very generous, sharing her Conso experience with us...

That sounds like a good plan Anja.

In Atkins the carbs are slowly added until you stop losing and dont start gaining.
I guess this is similar you need to add carbs and fat until you stay stable.

Thanks,

well yes no doubt I'll have overdone it next week and put it all back on! That will teach me... Thanks for all your advice and suggestions.

Sorry Jet - I can assure you I was quite confused at first too, especially as some of the people on the french forum are on a conso plan with two pieces of fruit. So I have decided to see if I can pick and choose what suits me best. No doubt you will hear about it! I could just carry on with the book instructions, but I really do think that I should not lose any more weight now.

Today I had:

B: dukan Bread, cottage cheese
S: unplanned mini chocolate chip muffin!
L: small portion of pasta&chickpeas with tomato sauce and cheese. Beetroot and rollmops salad. Apple
D: Omelette with salmon and watercress. Smoked salmon with yogurt&mustard dressing. A nice grown-up dinner shared with DH. Fruit yoghurt.

Lots of water, 2 cups of coffee, 1 cup of tea.

Tomorrow the plan is:

B: Bread & Ham, yogurt, 1/2 glass fruit juice
S: Oatbran biscuits (I must try these! So I have adjusted my day to allow me to have the oatbran outside breakfast!)
L: Egg, ham, tomato, lettuce salad, cottage cheese. Yoghurt (my home made stuff is really gorgous now)
S: Apple / Plums (depending on how I feel when everyone else is scoffing cake!)
D: German Bratwurst sausages, baked Gem Squash with cheese, mashed potato. Dessert: 2 chocolates :D. Glass of Wine :D

Hi Jet and everyone,

yes had a nice weekend - nearly got blown away this lunchtime visiting an local archaeological excavation.

Food wise okay I suppose, made those biscuits yesterday and they were scrummy but I didn't leave them in long enough, or added too much water so some were a bit chewy in the middle. I may try again but not having my whole dose of Oatbran at breakfast kind to throws my plan and habits off balance.

Eating those two chocolates last night as dessert was lethal - I wanted more of course, and was tempted to simply 'expand' my celebration dessert. Manage not to reach for the chocolate biscuits but have a yoghurt instead, but with a bit of added dried (no added sugar) pineapple.
Today I had a small piece of home made low-fat brownies that I made for everyone. My meals today (Conso PV):

B: dukan Porridge with stewed apple and buttermilk (left over from baking)
S: low-fat brownies
L: bread with extra light cheese spead, cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese, pickled herring. Yoghurt
D: Chicken breast stuffed with cheese, Spinach cooked with mushrooms & onion & a little cottage cheese. 1 slice of Kiwi fruit, 2 Plums

And I've discovered a lovely new tea: it's organic green tea with jasmine blossom by 'Good Earth' (I think!).

Hope everyone else had a good weekend, not sure I'll have time to catch up with all the diaries!

and for admitting that those 2 chocolates very nearly led to disaster...

Your family must be really pleased to "have you back"!

Keep it up!

Anja you have amazing willpower...keep it up you're setting a wonderful example to the rest of us and paving/illuminating the way for us onto conso and it's potential pitfalls

keep it up hun xxx

hey lovey just a quick hi and hope ur doing ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,.

yes I'm still here just too much RL going on for me to spend much time on MiniMins... So sorry for not posting or responding, but I'm still here.

I have been shopping for knee-high boots - success! I still have, shall we say, muscular calves, but can zip most boots up comfortably now, whereas before there was NO CHANCE. What came out though is that my left calf is bigger than my right ?? Not helpful when you can only do one boot up ;) Anyway found some expensive ones that I liked and that fitted well but they did not have my size in brown so I said I'd come back / order online. Popped into M&S for a quick look and found some other ones there & saved myself £60! So I blew some of that on some new colourful jewellery, no sizing issues there.

Anyway can't wait to wear them with my bargain skirt that I got in the sales a little while ago (another thing to take in!).

Had bought some cheap yoga pants in Sainsbury last week - just grabbed the 12 knowing they would fit (no changing facilities there anyway), came to put them on last night - I have to take them in, they're nearly falling off! Back to my old whine 'I wish they would size things consistently' :( which applies to all clothes shopping regardless of size!

Food these last few days (if I remember correctly)

Monday:
B: Dukan Porridge, yoghurt
S: WM bread with ham and lettuce
L: chinese chicken, tomatoes, cottage cheese
D: Prawn & Broccoli Omelette with Cheese. yoghurt
Post-choir rehearsal snack: Yoghurt with fresh plums, mmhhh :D

Yesterday
B: Dukan bread, yoghurt. 1/2 glass of Apple & carrot juice
L: (tinned) Salmon 'pate' made with quark & chives, tomatoes, lettuce. WM bread spread with extra-light cheese sprinkled with pepper. Yoghurt
D: Mini crustless 'quiches' made with broccoli, lean ham, a sprinkling of parmesan. Cooked Beetroot. Apple
Post yoga snack: yoghurt

Today:
B: dukan bread & yoghurt, fruit juice
S: WM bread with roasted pork
L: mini quiches from yesterday, beetroot and prawn salad (eating my way through a beetroot glut!), fruit yoghurt.
S: Apple (needed because I have to work later today)
D: WM pasta with dukan friendly goulash ( a whole family meal yeah!). Baked custard if I get round to making any today.

Now I have probably missed something. I had a nibble of cheese when cooking and 1 crisp off DH last night...:eek:;)

I'm still really busy at work (start of term!) so my coffee (skim milk & 1 sweetener) intake is probably up too, though I am now alternating with the jasmine tea.

Can you not just exchange the yogapants?

Looks like you're eating really healthily, all that veg and fruit.

Hi everyone,.

yes I'm still here just too much RL going on for me to spend much time on MiniMins... So sorry for not posting or responding, but I'm still here.

I have been shopping for knee-high boots - success! I still have, shall we say, muscular calves, but can zip most boots up comfortably now, whereas before there was NO CHANCE. What came out though is that my left calf is bigger than my right ?? Not helpful when you can only do one boot up ;) Anyway found some expensive ones that I liked and that fitted well but they did not have my size in brown so I said I'd come back / order online. Popped into M&S for a quick look and found some other ones there & saved myself £60! So I blew some of that on some new colourful jewellery, no sizing issues there.

Anyway can't wait to wear them with my bargain skirt that I got in the sales a little while ago (another thing to take in!).

Had bought some cheap yoga pants in Sainsbury last week - just grabbed the 12 knowing they would fit (no changing facilities there anyway), came to put them on last night - I have to take them in, they're nearly falling off! Back to my old whine 'I wish they would size things consistently' :( which applies to all clothes shopping regardless of size!

Food these last few days (if I remember correctly)

Monday:
B: Dukan Porridge, yoghurt
S: WM bread with ham and lettuce
L: chinese chicken, tomatoes, cottage cheese
D: Prawn & Broccoli Omelette with Cheese. yoghurt
Post-choir rehearsal snack: Yoghurt with fresh plums, mmhhh :D

Yesterday
B: Dukan bread, yoghurt. 1/2 glass of Apple & carrot juice
L: (tinned) Salmon 'pate' made with quark & chives, tomatoes, lettuce. WM bread spread with extra-light cheese sprinkled with pepper. Yoghurt
D: Mini crustless 'quiches' made with broccoli, lean ham, a sprinkling of parmesan. Cooked Beetroot. Apple
Post yoga snack: yoghurt

Today:
B: dukan bread & yoghurt, fruit juice
S: WM bread with roasted pork
L: mini quiches from yesterday, beetroot and prawn salad (eating my way through a beetroot glut!), fruit yoghurt.
S: Apple (needed because I have to work later today)
D: WM pasta with dukan friendly goulash ( a whole family meal yeah!). Baked custard if I get round to making any today.

Now I have probably missed something. I had a nibble of cheese when cooking and 1 crisp off DH last night...:eek:;)

I'm still really busy at work (start of term!) so my coffee (skim milk & 1 sweetener) intake is probably up too, though I am now alternating with the jasmine tea.

hey anja jasmine green tea is nice ,there are differnt sort s of green tea and most of them are nice but i dont like the mint green tea ,sounds like ur busy at work and doing brill on the conso plan well done !!!!!!!!!

Jet thanks, we'll see on Friday!

Jaqys: no, unfortunately I had foolishly torn off the label, ready to wear them for the first time there and then. Yes I know, very stupid. but at £4 not the end of the world :)

At the moment compiling my weekly shopping list and studying (as far as possible on mysupermarket) the composition & calories of the various low fat yoghurts, 0%, 1%, sugar, no sugar. I fancy a change but I think I'll stick to what's safe for now (ie WW & ML)!!

strict PP day coming up and I have run out of food again & my mind has gone blank:

B: Dukan bread (or maybe porridge) & yoghurt
S: hopefully none. Something from lunch
L: Egg, Dukan Mayo, tuna and quark 'pate', chicken
D: Smoked Mackerel, cottag cheese, chicken.

Back