Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

Hi Anja, I know you posted a dukan bread recipe on here yesterday - do you know which thread it was on please because I can't find it now - and have just had an abortive guess at making it!! Thanks

Hi Anja, I know you posted a dukan bread recipe on here yesterday - do you know which thread it was on please because I can't find it now - and have just had an abortive guess at making it!! Thanks

I'll pull it out of the long recipes thread and post it separately.

Phew glad today is over! Super busy at work - all this stuff coming out to the woodwork that needs to be done by next week but that was only thought of today and stupid me feels compelled to try and DO IT in time too. On top of that everyone popping by my desk needing urgent technical advice etc. We'll see how much I finish tomorrow...

Food-wise today was pretty boring, close to what I decided last night. For a treat I am now drinking a diet lemonade.

Just did the weekly shopping and when I had loaded all of it onto the checkout conveyor I noticed that I had forgotten my wallet at home - :eek: aaargh. Luckily noticed in time and none of it had been put through, so just put it back in trolley, they put the trolley in the cold store and I drove home to pick up the wallet! Not my best day :p and 30 mins wasted...

Can't wait for the weigh in tomorrow to see what if anything the added fruit has done this week! I have now decided to eat (or drink!) an orange a day as part of my new 2-fruit regime, in view of my possible vitamin C deficiency (see http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/171922-take-your-vitamins.html).

Food tomorrow:

B: Dukan bread & yoghurt, Orange
S: baked custard
L: Bread with ham, Smoked Mackerel, tomatoes & lettuce, yoghurt
D: Slow-cooked Beef in red wine (yes that's probably over the allowed quantity for cooking) and some veg. Apple

Plans for the weekend:
Saturday treat meal: Thai Green chicken curry (from scratch) with Rice, glass of wine, Coffee mousse dessert

I might make a Carrot cake (no frosting!) as we're a bit swamped. Carrot and Beetroot cake maybe? And I'll have one piece too!:D

Your food sounds nice for the weekend, Anja (chocolate/beetroot cake is fab!) - roll on next weekend for me (will start conso after weigh-in on Friday). What a day you had yesterday though!

A couple of questions, if you don't mind?

Did you increase your oatbran allowance on conso or have you stayed at 2 tbs daily?

Do you ever split your pasta/starches allowance? I can't see me managing to eat 200 gr at one sitting now, so would rather have a smaller amount (less bloating) and if I can have it twice a week, then all the better.

(I have already prepared, cut and frozen my first week's bread ration :D.)

Your food sounds nice for the weekend, Anja (chocolate/beetroot cake is fab!)

thanks - I think this one is supposed to be a non-chocolate cake this time :D which probably means that no-one likes it, I have to freeze it and have one piece a week till Christmas!!

A couple of questions, if you don't mind?

Did you increase your oatbran allowance on conso or have you stayed at 2 tbs daily?
Well, I didn't notice about the increase till more recently and as my TB measures have always been generous (heaped) I have left them the same for now.

Do you ever split your pasta/starches allowance? I can't see me managing to eat 200 gr at one sitting now, so would rather have a smaller amount (less bloating) and if I can have it twice a week, then all the better.
I am trying not to split but I do seem to end up doing it - today had at lunchtime the ~50gr surplus WM pasta from Weds evening, and did the same last week. But I left out the bread for today. I'm doing it because I really really hate throwing food away but for some leftovers it's hard to find takers in my family and I have not yet learn to make proper portions because after all I'm 'allowed' to make more!!...

I'm sure Jo will pop in and put us right - you're not allowed to split, there must be a technical reason. And if you can't eat it (it's more than I would have had in a pre-diet meal!) you should just have less. Similarly you're supposed to eat all your cheese ration in one meal.

(I have already prepared, cut and frozen my first week's bread ration :D.)
Great planning and enjoy your food! My last piece that had been hanging around for a few days because I was having porridge had started to go mouldy. S it really does not keep for long because of the eggs & dairy and there being no fat or sugar to help with a bit of preservation.

Thanks Anja. Hoping my bread won't go mouldy, I'm going to just take a piece out of the freezer an hour before eating - I'll always be having it with cheese:D either midday or evening.

I was hoping to increase the bran - so that I can still have porridge but also have a Dukan biscuit or some apple/pear/blackberry (or rhubarb on PP days) Dukan crumble too:eek:.

Think I'll go with the smaller portion of pasta. As I've had a fair bit of stodge when at friends' houses, I know how bloated I feel the next day, so prefer to lower it (and as I'll be having bread each day, I don't think my body will think it's being deprived).

I am so looking forward to a choice of fruit and some cheese.

Hi everyone hope you had a great weekend!!

Got my 10 minuted free time with DD2 'rests' on the sofa after swimming. She's declared she's too big for naps now, gone are my 2 hours 'me' time on Mondays!

Well, we had a lovely weekend.
Saturday a nice trip out to Wimpole Hall, walk in the Park, I got the job of pushing the buggy (occupied at times too!) over bumpy fields with cows and sheep. Good exercise :cool: but my arms nearly dropped off afterwards!
We picked some most gorgeous blackberries, you'll see them crop up in my food!
Sunday just pottered in the garden and caught up with housework and washing...

I've been quite relaxed food-wise and had a few treats, but so far so good, DD2 was playing with the scales this morning so I stepped on and to my surprise I had not gone up on Friday.

Food:

Friday normal conso day, but in the evening we had beef and veg slow-cooked in Red Wine. I did thicken that with about a TB flour, and of course that was probably more wine than I am allowed in cooking but the alcohol had long gone and I didn't drink any extra and just enjoyed the food! Stewed apple for dessert.

Sat:
B: Dukan Porridge & Yoghurt
S: Treat: 3 Chocolate Fingers. Much later: an Apple
Late L: Smoked Mackerel, bread, cheese, forgot what else! Yoghurt
D: (celebration) Thai green chicken curry (home made with coconut milk) with brown rice, glass of white wine, a nice Mocha mousse for dessert.

Sun:
B: Dukan Porride (half) with Yoghurt and blackberries!
S: Oatbran cookies (half)
L: Cauliflower with cheese melted on top, toast, Dukan-friendly coleslaw. Yoghurt
D: Curly Kale (a classic German thing, can't translate but it's nice!), poultry sausages (everyone else had proper ones!). Treat: Apple and Blackberry crumble. ;)

This time I had no problems with the chocolate, maybe because especially for the dessert there was a bit more quantity.
However, I had a bit of seconds of the Crumble on Sunday, it was just too nice:)

Today normal day:
B: Dukan Porride & yoghurt
S: after swim: Bread with extra light cheese, Apple
L: Egg and leftover Veg from the weekend: Kale, Red cabage, cauliflower. A tiny bit of the Red wine sauce that was left from Friday. Yoghurt for dessert. I also had a tiny slice of frankfurter sausage that DD2 couldn't finish....
D (the plan is): Steamed Salmon and Carrots, cottage cheese.
S after choir: Orange

Thanks Anja. Hoping my bread won't go mouldy, I'm going to just take a piece out of the freezer an hour before eating - I'll always be having it with cheese:D either midday or evening.

I was hoping to increase the bran - so that I can still have porridge but also have a Dukan biscuit or some apple/pear/blackberry (or rhubarb on PP days) Dukan crumble too:eek:.

Think I'll go with the smaller portion of pasta. As I've had a fair bit of stodge when at friends' houses, I know how bloated I feel the next day, so prefer to lower it (and as I'll be having bread each day, I don't think my body will think it's being deprived).

I am so looking forward to a choice of fruit and some cheese.

Sounds like an excellent plan! Yes the fruit is a bonus - remember I'm having two portions on my 'personal plan' now, you should start with one.

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your reply but:
Now if you've made the Dukan Bread from my recipe, that already contains a full (or nearly) dose of bran, so no extra porridge or crumble allowed. If of course you've made normal wholemeal bread then that is the extra bread that you are allowed to have a slice of every day.

Sounds like an excellent plan! Yes the fruit is a bonus - remember I'm having two portions on my 'personal plan' now, you should start with one.

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your reply but:
Now if you've made the Dukan Bread from my recipe, that already contains a full (or nearly) dose of bran, so no extra porridge or crumble allowed. If of course you've made normal wholemeal bread then that is the extra bread that you are allowed to have a slice of every day.

Yup, tis 'normal' wholemeal. Sliced up into 40g portions and frozen:D. Am debating whether to portion and freeze my cheese too so I don't get tempted (this is my weakness). It does reduce the flavour a bit, but after having practically none for almost 3 months (holidays aside) it will still be lovely.

Will start conso this weekend (excited).

Lovely to read how you're doing Anja... Robin, you'll HAVE to open a Conso diary - even if you can't post as often as we'd like, it'll be great to track your progress and see what you're eating (even if it's not strictly "Conso" - that too is helpful to see what we can get away with if we say pay with a walk/swim or something!!).

Yup, tis 'normal' wholemeal. Sliced up into 40g portions and frozen:D. Am debating whether to portion and freeze my cheese too so I don't get tempted (this is my weakness). It does reduce the flavour a bit, but after having practically none for almost 3 months (holidays aside) it will still be lovely.

Will start conso this weekend (excited).

Yes I did do that - froze some of the cheese too. I was concerned about it spoiling, and it's easier to do the portioning all in one go, then you can just take a chunk out and you know you can have the LOT :D I am also mixing and matching with small amounts of Parmesan (I think that's really high in fat?) for added flavour.

hi lovey just doing a bit of catching up hope ur ok !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

another good day over here. The weather was gorgeous and I actually had to pop out of the office so got a nice walk thrown in for free :)

I am still trying on clothes in various shops just to give me some idea about sizes. I am so used to just pick sz16 things up and they fit that having to try everything on is becoming nuisance :) Anyone au fait with the sizing in 'White Stuff'? Does is come up big? Had to switch to sz10 for skirts (fitted waist style) the 12 was falling off again. On top I am definitely a 12-14 depending on style - tailored fitted things in non-stretchy fabric need to be 14 as I have wide shoulders.
No I did not buy anything, my finances are a bit low still after that weekend in London and the boot-buying escapade! And now our DVD player has packed up, that's much more urgent.

Anyway, food today wa very good:

B: Dukan bread, cottage cheese and half a glass of Apple& carrot juice
S: Baked custard
L: Bread with scraping of extra-light mayo and ham, Salmon (steamed, from last night), coleslaw, mini Babybel, yoghurt
D: Curried chicken with a little carrots and onion, quark sauce,
S: Apple & yoghurt

The plan for carb PV day tomorrow is:

B: Dukan Bread & fruit yoghurt, orange juice
S: Apple
L: Ham salad, bread with cheese, yogurt
D: Spaghetti bolognese (dukan friendly) - carbs made up of WM pasta and a little bit of chickpeas. yoghurt

Anja, I'm bothered with clothes sizes too, will never have 'small' sizes for top half (large shoulders, back, bust:() and I have no idea what size I am and will be toning up a bit too so maybe will 'shrink' a bit more, even if the kilos stay the same. I don't do 'white stuff', gets dirty so quickly with kids around. They no longer get white clothes bought for them either!

Your menus are fab. So much variety!

Is White Stuff a shop?

Hahahaha

I thought Anja meant white clothes!

Never heard of a shop called 'white stuff'. Then again, not exactly an expert, quite the opposite.

I've never heard of it either... but like you, cos we live abroad, we're not exactly up to date!

When are you next going "home" Robin?

Back