Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

Err yes, it's a shop :D which I have only just 'discovered' not having been very adventurous in my clothes shopping...

See White Stuff Clothing | Happiness In Every Stitch

NO actual WHITE is not practical I agree though I do have a few nice summer linen trousers.... (which are now faaaaar too big...)

Hello, another day another post...

As I said, it's been a good morning if still very busy with work. I had to cancel (work) appointments yesterday afternoon just to get the urgent stuff done... ah well it will all quieten down in a few weeks.

Still people commenting on my new figure and today a colleague explicitly complimented me on my clothes which I though was really nice of her!

So I should be able to get through todays PP no problem:

B: Dukan Porridge & yoghurt with cinnamon (forgot to defrost my dukan bread last night...)
S: Baked custard
L: Smoked Salmon and Prawns with cottage cheese, egg with dukan mayo, yoghurt
D: Chinese chicken (no veg), yoghurt.

And now I'd better have a bit of lunch before I go out to meet a friend for coffee!

Lovely menu Anja. Recipe for the chinese chicken? (I never get tired of my plain roast legs but some people around here seem to want variety!!)...

I do like some CRUNCH in my menus which is lacking in PP days alas...

Sorry "Chinese chicken" is shortcut speak for 'marinated in 1 ts soy and oyster sauce, with chinese 5-spice, crushed garlic and fresh grated ginger' then dry-fried. Probably nothing new for you but impressed my parents when they came to stay, obviously they got veg & rice with it!

I also like to slice my chicken into strips, season with pepper and lots of paprika (I use the mild version but you could go for smoked or hot). Fry. Serve with plain yoghurt or quark - YUM :)

Actually, when I got home I realised it was Turkey Steaks! Does that help at all????

That sounds really nice Anja... I must get some oyster sauce...

Sorry Sarah re: turkey, I thought that might be the case ;). It was just a question of what was on offer at shopping time!

Meeting my friend (ex-colleague, I was made redundant from there in 2006) yesterday was good, I had already sent her an "OMG I'm a size 12" type e-mail a while ago so she did not quite keel over with surprise ;), but my other ex-colleagues and boss were suitably impressed :D That friend has always battled with her weight and lost a lot on healthy eating & gym a few years ago but it's all back now, work's stressful... We had fun calculating our BMI and healthy weights so maybe I can convert her to Dukan :cool:. However from my description I think she finds it too restrictive.

Anyway, it's glum day here today, rain was drumming on the roof when I got woken just after 5am by DD2. Plonked her back in her own bed and she only reappeared at 6 when it was time to get up! I even managed to get back to sleep!

But today, for the first time in a week I have forgotten my multivitamins again, so will have to make sure to remember when I get home.

Shopping last night - Sainsbury now have the same '3 for £10' offer as Tesco on a selection of Meats and Fish so I stocked up on smoked Salmon, pork loins (for my Conso portion of Pork) and, yes, you've guessed it, CHICKEN!

My food today:

B: Dukan Bread, cottage cheese (errrm with pineapple), small glass of fresh orange juice.
S: 2 Fresh Figs (on offer last night!!)
L: Omelette with prawns, tomatoes and broccoli. 'Treat' yoghurt with choc sprinkles.
D: Chicken, Red Cabbage, cheese on Toast. (everyone else is having Sausages & mash with the red cabbage). Baked custard or yoghurt

Plans for the weekend:

Celebration meal on Sat: Family meal: Meatloaf, potato wedges, veg. Apple & Blackberry Tart for dessert.

Sunday evening PV conso meal: Pork loins with Mustard Sauce and Spinach (adapted from BBC Good Food web site - I'll post it if it's good!)

There will probably be a couple of chocolate biscuits making an appearance in my 'weekend treat' category too.

Everyone have a good Friday, I need to get back to work....

Have a great weekend Anja. I bet your friend won't be able to believe her eyes, despite your having forewarned her. My best friend in England exclaims her shock each and every time she sees me, even now, saying that in her "mind", she remembers me as I used to be. Not as I now am. Funny that!

hi anju ,i must say ur new pic is divine u look lovley ,wow even !!! enjoy ur meeting with ur freind and she deffo will be wow !!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

another weekend, another set of challenges... Weekends are always hard because we have two set 'snack' times because of the kids - they really need it and still wolf down their dinners. DD1 is really quite skinny (but on the normal scale). DD2 is shedding her baby fat fast she's so active now.

Yesterday I did really cheat too much. Tried to be extra good today in turn(for a weekend) so fingers crossed. However it's getting harder: A little mouthful of mash here while making the kid's teas, a spoonful of rice pudding or porridge there .... My 'success' in Conso so far is giving me a false sense of security and making me too lax I fear!

Oh, and on Sat I cooked up a big pan of Tomato and Chilli Jam which I'll give away at Christmas, but that of course required some tasting and testing.

What I had:

Saturday
B: Dukan Porridge & yoghurt, glass of beetroot & apple juice.
S: 2 chocolate biscuits (wholemeal)
L: 1 sl Rye Bread, Smoked Salmon, yoghurt & Mustard sauce, cottage cheese. Lettuce & Tomato. Yoghurt. A little bit of Rice Pudding.
S: there must have been something but it escapes me. Maybe I did have a yoghurt, I'm sure I didn't have another biscuit!
D: Celebration meal: Italian Meatloaf, potato wedges, PEAS!! Glass of Wine. A generous slice of Apple&Blackberry pie with a small bit of single cream and a bit of custard. Later: one Lemon Curd sandwich biscuit.

Sunday:
B: Dukan bread & ham & melted cheese. Fruit yoghurt
S: 1 chocolate finger biscuit, baked custard
L: Beetroot & Rollmops Salad, 'smack' WM roll (I weighed it!) with cottage cheese, fruit yoghurt.
S: A bit of a Rich Tea biscuit
D: Mustard Pork & spinach, Yoghurt with 2 fresh Figs.

For those of you on conso: I discovered that the Sainsbury Wholemeal 'Snack' rolls from their Bakery are just the right size for one daily portion of bread. Makes you feel like you're eating the same as everyone else - GREAT!

As you say, a little "lax" for you but very restrained nonetheless for many... Well done for not letting it turn into a food orgie! Hopefully the scales won't be too cruel but your being back at work today will probably sort things out naturally (who had the other bit of your Rich Tea bikkie?! or did you lose it in a mug of tea?! darned things can't be dunked!)

Thanks Jo,

nice of you to say so but I should not really be measuring myself against others, but stick to not 'over-snacking' ;-)

The biscuit was a nibble off my DD's portion :) and we did have a discussion about the perils of dunking those (you have to be quick!)

Trying to be good today (home day though)

B: Dukan Porridge & yoghurt. Fruit Juice
S (after swimming): "Egg Roll" (no mayo / sauce, small roll)
L: Smoked Salmon, Lettuce, cottage cheese.
S: yoghurt
D: Turkey meatball & courgette bake with cheese. Fruit

Looks good Anja... you've pulled back nicely and, remember, if ever you're hungry, go to the "Dukan panier" and have a rummage! (protein!!)

So,

another day, another working week started. Could not resist stepping on the scales today and they were friendly - yay. So not so worried about my 'lax' attitude to Conso anymore - see snack tonight!

Looks like my efforts to do some real swimming during my 3-year old's swimming class yesterday paid off - I just swam around her in circles while she doggy-paddles (with a float) and tried to catch me. I also have a long cycling journey on Monday nights (total of 40 mins fast cycling). Today I had another extra cycling trip on top of my journey to work - I really pushed myself, another 30mins total I think: a quick shopping trip to ToysRus while DD was at an after-school activity, I was buying a bargain Lego box for Christmas, it's already sold out online...

Decided today would be my carb day:

B: Dukan Bread (half) with cinnamon quark and 2 fresh plums. Fresh orange juice.
S: Dukan Bread (the other half) with extra-light type cheese.
L: Bread with real cheese (Gouda), carrots & lettuce, beetroot and herring salad, yoghurt
D: Beef slow cooked with tomatoes and peppers, brown rice.
S post-yoga: yoghurt, 1 chocolate biscuit.

2 skinny lattes at work (decaff). I wonder if I should ask for a coffee machine as a present. anything that can make cofee and froth milk would do I think, I'm not an expert. But those lattes could rescue me from many a snack attack.

Yoga today was hard work - when the relaxation session came my legs were tingling all over, a nice tired feeling though.

Re: Jo:
My Dukan basket - for real emergencies I have a tin of Salmon and a tin of lean ham in the cupboard! Otherwise I have been know to just eat plain yoghurt or quark, straight out of the tub!

And: we've booked our half-term holiday next May. A big trip to Spain with the extended Family - my parent's in-law and sister-in-law & kids. Private Villa with pool - jippee. Still a long way away but booking (and paying) the flights has made it very real. We've done this once before (Mallorca) and it was a great success so we'll do it one more time before my niece and nephew stop wanting to come (early teenagers).

Hope you're all well and keeping on track!

hey anju u sound like ur embracing conso and ur doing really well ............ nice 1 !!!

Phew another day over. Why does it not stop - disorganised people at work dumping last minute rushes on me.

PP day today very uneventful and very dairy-ful:
B: small Beetroot & Apple juice (yes I FORGOT). Dukan porridge & Yoghurt
S: Latte (no food, yay)
L: Turkey meatballs 'salad' in a cottage cheese, yoghurt & tarragon sauce (sounds weird was actually quite nice) . A few strips of chinese chicken left over from yesterday. Baked custard.
S: Yoghurt
D: prawn omelette with garlic & italian herbs. Yoghurt

Yesterday: conso PV
B: Dukan bread with ham, yoghurt
S: bread with extra light cheese
L: Turkey meatballs and courgette (leftovers), mini babybel. baked custard
D: chicken stir-fry with carrots, onion and lettuce. yoghurt
S: 2 chocolate & ginger biccies

The snack last night was to keep me going whist doing the annual accounts for my choir (I'm treasurer for my sins, it's a sizeable choir doing 3 big concerts a year with full orchestra). I need to get this audited and while it's all okay and above board of course I can't get it to balance. Ah well our tame accountant will help me later this week and then sign off the audit.

Did the weekly shop tonight and bumped into an old colleague and she nearly didn't recognize me and my 'thin' face! I think we have another Dukan convert!

Back