Ankles and Calves

pomegranates

Hey guys

Sorry to ask this as it's an odd question...
But those of you who have been on your respective diets for at least two months or more... did you notice any change in your lower legs at all?

Although I am huge, my lower legs are quite firm and muscly - so am worried that I may not see them slim down.
They're quite chunky. :(

What are your experiences?

My calves are definitely smaller since I started running about six weeks ago - they measure as being smaller and they feel much firmer (and look better). My ankles have never been big but that's just how I am - it will vary a lot between individuals! Good luck with your diet though, hope you see the improvement you're after :)

Hi Pomegranates

I don't know if they will shrink down, as mine haven't started yet, but did want to share your thoughts!
My calves have always been big, and even when I was a normal size, they always refused to slim down enough to fit into most boots (I have small feet, 3.5/4, and calf width always seems to be different in smaller boots!).

Have you thought about fit flops or one of the other leg toning trainers? I've heard they really do have an effect. I'm quite tempted by them! Also good for the bum and thighs apparently... I still think good old fashioned squats and lunges are the (painful!) way to go though...

J
x

pomegranates said:
Hey guys

Sorry to ask this as it's an odd question...
But those of you who have been on your respective diets for at least two months or more... did you notice any change in your lower legs at all?

Although I am huge, my lower legs are quite firm and muscly - so am worried that I may not see them slim down.
They're quite chunky. :(

What are your experiences?

My calves have always been muscly I never thought fat but I'm pleased to say my boots now do up with ease. It's surprised me how much slimmer they are yet still feel same x

Thanks do much got the replies! I have hope now!!!

You might find when you're first losing weight that it comes off different areas at different rates - I've lost a stone so far since I restarted calorie counting, but when I was losing weight a couple of years ago I'd notice a big difference in my thighs one week, then my arms the next, etc.

Thanks Rigby! Also apologies for the typos. Blasted auto correct on the phone!

Would just like my calves to slim even a little and I'll be happy :)
We'll see!

I am trying to do leg and calf exercises... but I think I'll just focus on the weight loss to begin with.
SURELY I must lose a little bit off my calves?
Will look super silly if they remain humongous!
I might sign up to capoeira lessons when I've lost enough - because they tone you up like a crazy thing! Perhaps that'll help?

I just had to look up what capoeira is! Looks like hard work! I do exercise, I do Latin dancing & circuit training 3-4 times a week and have bed for about a year now. I still have huge legs though :(

Rkmriddell said:
My calves have always been muscly I never thought fat but I'm pleased to say my boots now do up with ease. It's surprised me how much slimmer they are yet still feel same x

Big yourself up!!! :) mememe
You didn't give any advice?! Just cemented in how wonderful your legs are now! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back