Ann-Marie - doing the plan but not the weigh-ins

Off to a friends this evening for something to eat but don't know what she is making. She is very health concious so I know it will be healthy but might not within the rules of SW. Because of this I am trying to eat food that would be free on both days so so far I have had 2 Quorn sausages, dry fried egg and tomato. Planning on an omelette with salad and cottage cheese for lunch........... am I doing this right?

sounds good to me. Thats the best way to cover your bases when you don't know what you'll be having for dinner. That way, you've only had free foods and don't need to decide on red or green day until you see what's for dinner.

We used to have a glass of wine (or 2/3!) most nights, but I'm finding that a big glass of low cal tonic seems to help on an evening. The bubbles seem to fill me up.

Well, I am just back from my friends and couldn't resist the temptation of a glass (ahem - bottle (each!!)) :eek: of white wine whilst catching up and putting the world to rights!!! We have laughed loads though and apparently that burns off calories - just not sure it's a bottle of wine's worth :8855:

Ah well, you have to have fun and here is today's diary..................

Wednesday
B - 2 Quorn sausages, dry fried egg, tomatoes, coffee (milk A)
L - Apple, banana, orange
D - Pasta with vegetables and bacon (B)
Syns - Mushroom pasta sauce, bottle of white wine
Snacks - None
Exercise - 30 minutes brisk walk

Off to bed now so I am not tempted to eat (or drink!) any more. Feeling very happy and relaxed though and am spring cleaning tomorrow morning and off to the gym tomorrow afternoon so still feeling positive about my target of 3lbs upwards off next Monday ;)

Edit: Didn't go to bed and got alcohol muchies!!! Used (A) & (B) 2 WW toast and 3 Laughing Cow Triangles. Blueberries

Last edited:
I have been really hungry today and feel like I haven't stopped eating!!! I have stuck to free foods though and have had my healthy extras so haven't needed any syns!!

Thursday
B - 2 Weetabix (B) with skimmed milk (A), coffee
L - 2 WW Toast (B), cottage cheese, Fruit salad
D - Syn free wedges, 2 dry fried eggs, baked beans
Syns - None
Snacks - Blueberries, pasta with peppers,mushroom and onions, pasata
Exercise - None

My 'snack' of pasta happened at 10pm - back from my brass band rehearsal where someone had picked someone up accompanied by a pizza. Had a major craving for a take-away after smelling that but was good and had 'free' pasta instead!!

Hi, thanks for the tips and encouragement - it really helps!

Here is my diary for today......

Friday
B - None (got up late)
L - Large fruit salad
D - Chicken, boiled potatoes (Bx2), peas, carrots, mullerlight yoghurt
Syns - 2 large Jameson's
Snacks - Boiled Ham (wafer thin)
Exercise - well, more activity really...... 2 hours ironing (must start doing it week by week!!), 1 hour house cleaning

Off to bed now, hope everyone has a good weekend.

A.M x

LOL - I'm an Ann-Marie as well!!!!

ahh, there are many more of us than I thought then!!

Just back from swimming at my gym, did 30 lengths. Would have done more but I had forgotten kids are allowed in with members on Sunday afternoon and they were driving me mad!!!

Saturday
B - 2 eggs scrambled with skimmed milk
L - Jacket potato with cottage cheese and beetroots
D - Syn free wedges with natural yoghurt dip
Syns - Vodka and diet cokes x ????
Snacks - None
Exercise - 1 hour house cleaning

Here's today's diary too.....

Sunday
B - Scrambled eggs, bacon, mushroom, tomatoes, 3 WW Bread (B), skimmed milk (A)
L - 2 Weetabix (B)
D - Chicken and vegetable stir fry with tomato and chilli sauce
Syns - Low fat spread
Snacks - Blueberries (Edit: ) grilled mushrooms and tomatoes, 5 Laughing Cow Triangles (A), wafer thin ham. Much healthier than the kebab that I really wanted (and very nearly had!!)
Exercise - 30 lengths swimming

Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow!!!!

Last edited:
:D:D Very very pleased! :D:D

After the slow start with only 1lb coming off last week, I have lost 4lbs this week!

Aiming for 2lbs per week from now on and then anything else is a bonus :)

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo well doen hun
xxx

Thanks Claire - still feeling rather pleased with myself!!

Here is today's diary - not done exercise as I am full of a cold and I just couldn't be bothered :sigh:

Monday
B - 2 Weetabix (B) with skimmed milk (A)
L - 2 WW Toast (B), cottage cheese and beetroot. Blueberries
D - Pasta with tomato based sauce, onions, peppers, mushroom, herbs and Quorn mince
Syns - None
Snacks - Orange, 2 bananas, Blueberries
Exercise - None

Hey ppl, im new to this,
im interested in the Slimming World but live in Ireland and they dont do classes, i would like if you could give me some info to get me started!!!

Greatly appreciated!
x

Hi xangelfacex and welcome to minimins!!

The Slimming World plan is very easy to do but I am relatively new to this forum so not sure how much legally (copyright, etc(?)) I can post on here as to how to do it.

Maybe if you give me an idea of what kind of things you eat I can give you examples of how you can work the plan around that.

If you have a look over my diaries you may be able to get an idea of what kind of things are free (anything not listed as syns or with an (A) or (B) next to it) on either a green or red day.

Also, generally look around the SW area of the forum and at other people's diaries.

If you post your question in the general area you may get more hints and tips as more people will visit that area on a daily basis. Here is the link:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Ann-Marie x

Last edited:
Here is my diary for today....

Tuesday
B - 2 WW Toast (B), 4 Laughing Cow Triangles (A)
L - Bacon, dry fried egg, tomato
D - Beef Mince with tomatoes, green beans, peppers,mushrooms and onion. Curry powder and spices. 1 egg omelette (no milk). Banana
Syns - Large Jamesons
Snacks - Orange, 2 bananas
Exercise - None

I am very pleased with myself as I have been out this evening to my paranormal group meeting where there was a buffet which looked lovely and also pretzels, crisps, peanuts and jellybeans on the tables and I touched absolutely nothing!! To add to that I drank 2 Diet Cokes and a still water with a slice of lemon. How good was I :):D:):D:cool:

I am having a large Jamesons before bed though as I am full of a cold and it might clear my head so I get a decent nights sleep.

Think I will have a green day tomorrow as I have just picked up some cheap potatoes from Asda so can feel syn free chips, beans and egg coming on!!

Hope everone is doing ok :)

Oh dear, didn't do very well yesterday. Ah well, back on the waggon today!!!

Wednesday
L - Small Jacket Potato (B) with cottage cheese and beetroot
D - None (was drinking :eek:)
Syns - 3 pints of lager, bottle of red wine. Mixed kebab without bread and salad
Snacks - None
Exercise - None

Not sure if I am doing red or green yet, will post my diary later and it will be all good with no syns on it!!

Here is my diary for today.........

Thursday
L - 2 WW Toast (B), cottage cheese and beetroot, Blueberries
D- Pasta, mushrooms, peppers, onion, green beans, pasata, herbs. Banana
Syns - None
Snacks - Black Grapes, banana. Omelette with beans
Exercise - None

I have stupidly got on the scales this morning and am absolutely gutted as it is looking like the 5lb total loss of the last 2 weeks has gone back on :cry::cry::cry:

Really not sure what has happened because other than Wednesday, I think I have done reasonably well this week.

The worrying thing is, I am going to a 40th on Saturday. However, I will be drinking vodka and diet coke so I can have just diet coke on alternate rounds so that I am not having as many syns without the "why are you not drinking comments" and will also avoid the buffet.

I am going to my Mum's later so know what I will be eating today so here is my diary..........

Friday
B - Blueberries
L - 2 WW Toast (B), cottage cheese and beetroot
D - Steak, Jacket Potato (B), peas, carrotts
Syns - Gravy
Snacks - None
Exercise -20 mins walking

Well here's hoping my weight will even out again before Monday WI. No scales until then!!!!

Was very, very, very naughty yesterday. Had a great time but a bit disappointed with myself. I think getting on the scales on Friday didn't help but I am really thinking there will be a gain when I weigh myself tomorrow so feeling a bit down about it all. Will re-focus my efforts for the next week though and stick with it. Here is my diary for yesterday...

Saturday
B - None
L - 4 WW bread (Bx2), 4 Laughing Cow Triangles (A), ham and tomatoes
D - See syns (Wetherspoons)
Syns - Wetherspoons lamb burger with chips, lager x ??, mixed kebab without bread, salad
Snacks - None
Exercise - 30 minutes walking

Was planning on a trip to the gym today but unfortunately not been able to do that as in my drunken state last night I fell over and have badly sprained my ankle. It is multi-coloured and the bruises are changing colour by the hour!! I am in a lot of pain and generally feeling very sorry for myself. The temptation to eat chocolate is massive but fortunately there is none in the house and I can't walk to the shop!

Ah well, grapes it is then. I will post today's diary later on. Having a red day and have been good so far but really can't see it making much of a difference after my 2 nuaghty days this week :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back