Ann Widdy ITV

Ive just watched this and what a lot of c*** it was - totally anti diets.

Basically saying we're all wasting our time as its all going to go back on - and then some... well you know what, you cant judge us all by a group of failed dieters on some blooming tv show

GRRRRRRR can you tell Im angry at this lol

Ive just watched this and what a lot of c*** it was - totally anti diets.

Basically saying we're all wasting our time as its all going to go back on - and then some... well you know what, you cant judge us all by a group of failed dieters on some blooming tv show

GRRRRRRR can you tell Im angry at this lol

Thats what I was trying to say - it puzzles me - that attitude makes ppl think whats the point as Ill put al back on etc etc!

xx

Oooh i'm glad i didn't watch it now! I don't need anyone demotivating me - it doesn't take a lot, and that might have pushed me over the edge towards the choc!!! lol

i just tuned in as they had a statement from slimming world, in which sw said that its nto a 'DIET' more like making better choices and moving more. i think thats important

this thread has just reminded me how very important maintenance is. I was just looking to lose the weight and then stop the diet, now I am convinced I wont be slim forever unless I get the maintenance bit. I know how to lose weight I have done it a hundred times! !it is the mind set after the loss I have to get my head around

I lost 6 stone and have put it all back on and more. Sadly it is easier to put on than lose. At first you are so pleased to get the weight off that you feel you can eat normally again. Then the weight creeps back on, then you just don't bother weighing yourself because if you don't it doesn't seem real. Then before you know it you are back to square one and thoroughly bloody depressed about it and disappointed with yourself. It is easy to say you will never let it happen to you and you will never be that size again, and if you are so strong willed to keep the weight off then I congratulate you. But it is easier said than done and those of us who have put all of the weight back on will have our reasons why it has happened. I hope this doesn't come across as a big rant, just wanted to explain as someone who has been there that it is very easily done.

I really hope this time I can keep the weight off and I am pleased there are so many focused people on this forum. In a couple of years time when I have hopefully lost all of my weight again I'll be calling on you all for help to keep it off.:)

Oooh i wonder if this is repeated? I've been watching the biggest loser, and fat doctor all evening that i'd sky+'d!

Go to the ITV website - they have this programme available on there as part of their catch up service! I love the ITV catch up and BBC iplayer websites - since I don't have sky plus.

Like Emerald, I've already told myself that when (not if!) I get to target - I'm going to keep going to group - even if I don't stay for Image Therapy every week - to ensure I don't slip back into my old ways of eating too much of the high calorie and high fat foods and doing no excercise!

I just hated the total bias in this show. To make the sweeping statement 'Diets dont work' is unfair and untrue.

Id like to have seen them address the balance a bit and have some successful dieters on too.
Yes ditto this - there was no positive about it and it does make ya think that I can lose x amt but ill put it all back on!

I can appriciate that its easy to go on after I just hope over the course of my journey I train my thoughts! Even when I have a week off my god I still try - that makes sense!

Ann W done fat club didnt she - hmmmmmm is all I have to say!

Then the fassy cookie diets etc in America - I could not be bothered with that! xxx

Shame they didnt focus more on WW and SW type things than talking about cabbage soup diets etc.

Maybe that is because they know that tehy work kwim?

Cabbage etc etc are quick fixes! x

yeah she did fat club - but she was constantly moaning and refusing to take part in stuff. no wonder she didn't keep it off! lol

I really love reading about people in the SW mag and also listerning to people at group who are at target and are maintaining.

I also think that since SW is (in my opinion) one of the more sensible and healthy ways to lose weight - that after you get to your target it is possible to maintain - as long as you don't think you can then go back to how you were eating/exercising before and as long as you keep an eye on your weight (it's these thoughts that keep me going!)

My Mum still goes to SW class, 2 years after reaching target. She would like to lose at least another half a stone but is waiting until she's ready to commit to that. So, she still has her eye on the ball and has hovered around her target for the last 2 years. Wish I'd done the same!

Well Done Mummy!

Well you will do it this time! Dont think about the past now - fwd is the way to go :)
xxx

I wouldn't call SW a diet, it really annoys me when people have no idea about how its works but still judge it as a diet. To me a diet is limiting your choices in food, if anything SW has broadened mine! Ive never eaten so healthily! :)

To be honest, I haven't watched it properly..been so busy.

But...I guess the problem was that they were saying a diet doesn't work because when people don't do the diet they put on weight:confused:

It's funny that, because if I don't get into my car, I don't go far IYKWIM.

I guess I should blame my car :D

I didn't watch the programme, wish I had.
My thoughts are that the diets do work its the maintainence that doesn't always work for everyone.

Unless your head is in the right place, or you have sorted out your demons & you are in control, there is no way you will maintain if you are a foody like me, because the reasons you got fat in the first place are still there in your life.

I didn't watch the programme, wish I had.
My thoughts are that the diets do work its the maintainence that doesn't always work for everyone.

Unless your head is in the right place, or you have sorted out your demons & you are in control, there is no way you will maintain if you are a foody like me, because the reasons you got fat in the first place are still there in your life.

Well said :)

Ive been dieting for about 20 years and got fatter and fatter but NOT cos 'diets dont work' but because I didnt stick to them, didnt learn anything, and didnt change my eating habits. Not the fault of the diets... 100% down to me.

Back