Ann Widdy ITV

I think I must have been watching this from a different angle!

I viewed it as 'fad diets don't work' which I wholly agree with. It seemed to show how the industry attracts people who like to prey on vulnerable people who are desperate to lose weight with promises of speedy weight loss through pills and potions etc. This wasn't an hour long advert for the best diets/plans it was an investigation into the darker side of the industry, a side people need to be aware of. I found it very interesting when she confronted the woman from the magazine.

But that's just me.

They certainly did touch on faddy diets but they also covered a VLCD and WW and SW were mentioned. I wouldnt have objected if the negative bits were all on the cabbage soup type diets but they didnt IMO differentiate between things like that and things like WW/SW etc.

It appeared too much of a generalisation. I could have happily slapped those idiots with their placards blaming diets for every problem they have.

All of those people stated one thing in common: "When I stopped the diet..."

So that seems to totally and completely contradict the idea that 'diets' dont work.

What doesnt work is going back to your old eating habits. They just didnt seem to accept it was THEM who caused the weight to pile back on - not the diets.

Personally i just felt it was so badly put across. I hated seeing her smug face on the trailer going round London & their placards proclamining diets dont work.

I think most of us on here are proof they DO if you stick to them and alter your eating habits.

Would have been nice if they had had some people on who have lost weight through dieting and kept it off afterwards and shown it CAN be done.

Back