Annaphylactic's Diet Chef Diary

annaphylactic

Guess who's back...?
First morning on Diet Chef... have had my granola (with some semi-skimmed milk, is that right?) and it was yummy!

The diet guide wasn't included in my boxes for some reason - was out of stock - grrr, so I'm really winging it! I know I add a portion of veg/salad to my evening meal - but what am I allowed in the day... is it one of the snacky things and one piece of fruit? If so, the only piece I had at home to bring in was a mango...?! Where do I stand with that? Can I have it/half of it/none of it?

Going to the supermarket on the way home so will stock up on 'normal' fruits - are any better than others?

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to my lunchtime soup... can't remember what flavours I ordered - hope they are ok...!

Will add more later once I have broken into the sachets :) x

Nyom nyom nyom nyom... just munching my way through my chunky veggie soup and it's gorgeous! There is a definite 'heat' to it - chilli perhaps? Really like it. I did feel a bit of a wimp going for the 'safe option', when there were more adventurous choices like the goats cheesey one, and things... but hey - first day security... don't want to be put off straight away! :)

Wasn't too hungry, so that's a good sign... the granola this morning and my mango at midday really did the trick. Not sure what to have for dinner... I haven't even unpacked my boxes yet - lol - but I think I have a wide range of choice... maybe something beefy... decision decisions...

Anyway - fingers crossed for a hiccup free afternoon and evening! :)

xx

Yes - sounds like you're having a great first day! Enjoy your dinner!! - And you've got a bar to have too haven't you! Yummo! x

Hey everyone! Well... I've just had my dinner - pork meatballs - it was surprisingly ok! I'm not sure I'd buy it through choice, but if I can eat food like that and lose tonnes of weight, then brilliant!

I had quite a lot of brocolli with it (don't have scales - it was about half a head), but hopefully that's ok. I'm stuffed now.

I haven't had a bar today - but I did have those berry oat biscuit things... is that right? So, all I can have now is a piece of fruit before bed... yeah? Lol. I'm useless. And I have no fruit. Oh bugger. Might have to gnaw on some cucumber instead, lol.

Ok - off to the pub to do the quiz - in fact, I might scrap my piece of fruit and have a vodka and soda instead haha.

xx

A1 - first day even without the guide. My fav main meals are veg curry and beef chili con carne and I love all the soups. I have 2-4 pieces of fruit each day and I had runner beans and veg curry this evening ( I buy what ever veg are on offer !!). Wishing you all the best and I am sure you will enjoy !!

"Day two in the diet chef house..."

Well, woke up this morning and jumped on the scales - just out of curiosity because I forgot to do my first weigh in before I started yesterday. DOH! Unfortunately was half a pound heavier than I thought I was, which is most upsetting, haha - but then it is TOTM, so I'm not going to throw myself off a high building just yet!

This morning I've had the choc granola, which was quite nice. Not as nice as the original, but nice none the less :) I've also had a couple of cups of tea with semi skimmed milk and a sweetner. Finding it hard to 'get going' today, so need something to perk me up. I need to find out how many calories in milk really... anyone have any idea of what I can put down roughly for the semi skimmed in a cup of tea??

Got the bean and chorizo soup with me today - so hopefully that will be nice... fingers crossed!

Will check back later... :)

A xx

Mmmm mmmm mmmm... just had the three bean and chorizo soup. YUM! Liked it a bit too much I think - could have eaten twice the amount and now I've finished I really want something else! Dammit! Hopefully once I am re-trained to these portions it will get easier...

Great flavour/texture though - more like stew than soup... tonight I'm going to try something beefy - I hear great things about the beef casserole...

Oh please god let this work!! Seems too good to be true at the moment! Still really wish I had the damn book - people talk about weighing veg etc, but I don't know what we're meant to have etc - just trying to keep under/at 1200 with my milk, veggies, fruit etc...

Off to the gym tonight, so hopefully I'll have enough energy to do my workout... I'm used to having more 'fuel' in me... will play it by ear.

Hope you're all having a good day!

A x

Arghhhh! I am so useless! I've not even managed two days straight. What a plum!

I got home tonight, STARVING - I should have taken my mid afternoon snack to work with me, instead I thought I would be fine until I got home at 6 - but alas, I walked through the door and my head was spinning. I opened the fridge to grab some cucumber or something to nibble on while I fed cats and got sorted. There, glaring at me from my vegetable tray was a box of M&S Chicken Fajitas, with the use by date today. Arghhhh. It was literally like I was possessed - they only took 2 minutes to cook, and that was it - I'd scoffed them before I knew what was happening. ARGHHHH.

I'm furious with myself. On the upside - I now have no more 'non DC' food left in the house (I didn't think I had before I started, but the box had fallen into the veg drawer - pesky box...). Another upside is that despite this indiscretion I am probably still losing weight - even if muuuuch slower... there is no way I've had more than 1500 today, and this is enough to lose on according to my BMR.

Anyway - not excuses, just trying not to create a monster... one of the lessons learnt through Lighter Life... it happened, no point dwelling, get over it.

So - I have learned not to let myself get hungry at the end of the day - take my afternoon snack with me to work and have it on the way home so I get back feeling less like I could happily gnaw the legs off one of my cats if they hover too long in one spot.

Onwards and downwards, tomorrow is a whole new day :)

Anna
x

If I am feeling a bit peckish I will have a couple of nakd bars as they are 100 cals each and as I don't add much (ie a bit of veg a few pieces of fruit, a 0% yoghurt and that is it - I drink black coffee and oh yeah have 1 -2 cups of tea with skimmed milk) to the diet chef stuff in terms of cals - I get away with 2 bars !! I haven't ever added up the cals -but I have managed to lose every week so far!!

Hello :D

Today is a new day :D Hope it goes better.

Glad to see you are enjoying the diet. It can be really tough when you get too hungry - so easy to let things slip. I'm very much guilty of that myself hence my results could be better.

Well done on your loss so far - very impressive :D

Morning all! New day, the sun is shining and I am sat here with my morning cuppa and my treacle and pecan granola. YUM! Serious YUM!

Hopefully today will go a liiiiiittle bit better than yesterday, lol.

Again, not sure if I'm doing this right, but I have got two pieces of fruit with me - one apple and one pear... can I have one of those between breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and dinner? AS WELL AS my afternoon cairns biccies?

Tonight I was thinking of just having my dinner and maybe a piece of fruit when I got home... is that too much fruit??

Arghhh!! Lol. X

Morning all! New day, the sun is shining and I am sat here with my morning cuppa and my treacle and pecan granola. YUM! Serious YUM!

Hopefully today will go a liiiiiittle bit better than yesterday, lol.

Again, not sure if I'm doing this right, but I have got two pieces of fruit with me - one apple and one pear... can I have one of those between breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and dinner? AS WELL AS my afternoon cairns biccies?

Tonight I was thinking of just having my dinner and maybe a piece of fruit when I got home... is that too much fruit??

Arghhh!! Lol. X

As long as you dont go over your calories it should be fine I had a mango, 2 bananas and a small apple last night and still came in 30 calories under. If you get in touch with Diet chef they have a new stash of books, so you can get one sent to u, no charge. Good luck with the rest of the day..:D

Hope all is going well :D

I love mangos - not had one in ages but fortunately one has accidentally head my way this week hehe!

Re guide - they say the diet adds up to 1,200 cals but if you follow the guide (at least the one I have) to the letter, then it comes way under that. It's not a bad idea to just calorie count in your head and then you definitely know what you have eaten.

Good luck with WI - excited to see how much you lose :D

new me 20009 - congrats on your loss - blind me probably missed your WI thread - bravo and go you - woohoo! :D

Back