Anna's WW journey

Good luck! Welcome to WW :)

Thank you. :) I'm feeling really positive about it. I've worked out my meal flan for the next few days. On Friday we are eating out so I've checked out the Harvester in the eating out guide so I can work out what I'm going to have & the points I'll need to save during the week.

WW has worked really well for me in the past. Like so many, in the past I really wasn't ready to make the long term lifestyle changes necessary to keep the weight off. This time thanks to my 2 year old son I am. I am already thinking about all those things we will be able to do next summer when I'm not so weighed down with all this excess weight. :):):)

This is the last time I am ever going to lose weight because I'll never need to do it again. This time I'm going to make the long term changes necessary to not only lose weight but to keep it off & to get fitter along the way as well. It's really quite exciting changing your life for the better :bliss:

Yesterday went well. :) Apart from sticking to my points I also had a really enjoyable day. I took my toddler to a model railway exhibition. He is mad on trains so had a wonderful time seeing all the layouts. I took him to the park in the afternoon & instead of going to the nearest one I got the pushchair out & we walked to one further away. It was a good way to add in some exercise to the day & walking is much easier than driving at the moment. Whilst he had his afternoon nap I also went on the exercise bike. Because my back is bad I only managed 10 minutes but I figure that's better than nothing :D

I'm going to start walking him to pre school twice a week. I'll collect him in the car as I know I'm not yet up to doing both trips on foot but hopefully I'll get there eventually.

I had planned my menu for today but that needs changing. I took some minced lamb out the freezer & forgot about it so it's been on the side all night so lunch needs a rethink! :doh:

I'm going to walk to Church this morning & this afternoon we are going to a country park for another walk My toddler has recently learnt to ride his trike so we are going to take that with us :cool:

I'd better go & work out what we will now be having for lunch....

You sound so determined and positive Anna - that is great. You can do it!!!!!!!!

Those small changes will really help you.

I look forward to following your progress :)

You sound so determined and positive Anna - that is great. You can do it!!!!!!!!

Those small changes will really help you.

I look forward to following your progress :)

Thank you :):):)

I've just got back from Church, I'm home alone as my husband has taken our toddler back to the railway exhibition as it's on for 2 days. I'm glad I got to sit down for an hour at church before I had to walk home, I am soooo unfit! :ashamed0005: I'm also glad I've not left it any longer to work on this as I dread to think where I would be in a year from now if I did nothing.

Hey Anna, sounds like you've really got the right attitude to this, well done.

No, you don't have to use your activity points but, if you decide you want to, you can use a maximum of 12 a week.

You can change your thread title by the way. If you double-click towards the end of your thread title as it appears in the main forum list, it will highlight the text and you can change it then - you might have noticed that some of us change our diary titles reguarly depending on what we're up to or how we're feeling.

I think WW is a great long-term way of eating and, let's face it, for those of us who have a tendency to gain weight, we're in this for the long term so we need something we can live with, right?

Hey Anna, sounds like you've really got the right attitude to this, well done.

No, you don't have to use your activity points but, if you decide you want to, you can use a maximum of 12 a week.

You can change your thread title by the way. If you double-click towards the end of your thread title as it appears in the main forum list, it will highlight the text and you can change it then - you might have noticed that some of us change our diary titles reguarly depending on what we're up to or how we're feeling.

I think WW is a great long-term way of eating and, let's face it, for those of us who have a tendency to gain weight, we're in this for the long term so we need something we can live with, right?

Thank you :)

I didn't know I could change the title, I've just done it :) & thank you for letting me know about the activity points. I don't think I'll use them as I've got plenty at the moment to use as it is (30). I might change my mind in weeks or months to come though! ;)

Hey, you did change your thread title - well done. Good idea with the activity points - I don't use mine right now but once I have something stupid like 19 points a day or something I think I'll be glad of them lol.

Wow, great number of activity points. I don't even bother counting them....I have trouble using my points as it is ;/

Wow, great number of activity points. I don't even bother counting them....I have trouble using my points as it is ;/

The 30 are not my activity points but my normal ones, earning 30 activity points in a week would kill me! ;)

On Friday I'm going to the Harvester for a meal with my husband. I've decided to have the harvest burger. I don't like chips which is what normally comes with the meal. If I have a jacket potato with butter instead will that be more points than a serving of their chips?

It will be the first time we have had a meal out just the 2 of us in a long time so I'm really looking forward to it :)

Harvester points here, Anna if that helps: My Long and Bumpy Journey | A new me in 2007

A jacket potato without butter would be better than with - butter is 1 point per teaspoon so you can probably kiss goodbye to four or five points just by having it on your spud. A jacket spud by itself is between 2.5 and 4 points depending on how big it is.

Have a lovely meal out though and don't forget you can 'bank' up to four points a day to spend on it x

What about having it with a spoonful of low calorie coleslaw if they do it rather than the butter. :D

I've changed my mind about what I'm going to have at the Harvester :)

According to the eating out guide I can have a lamb steak with baby potatoes, peas & mint sauce for 8 points. I've worked out what I normally get from the salad cart & pointed that as well. Not everything I would chose is point free & I decided to still have some of the pointed items. I can have everything planned & still stay within my daily points allowance :D We wouldn't normally have dessert but if we do I'll have a Sundae Best with chocolate sauce for 5 points. Rather than save my points I will use my activity points for the dessert if I have it. :whacky068:

I'm really looking forward to going now, roll on Friday :bliss:

Mmmmmmmmmmm sounds good. Hope you have a lovely evening out. It's always nice to have a meal out with Hubby - we were able to do just that on our Wedding Anniversary at the begining of September but it was probably the first time in about a year!

Have fun and enjoy your lamb steak.

CJ
x

That's great Anna. Just goes to show it's possible to go out and have a good time and stick to points. I'm sure you and hubby will have a lovely time x

Sounds great. Have fun!

I'm really pleased, I've just had my week one weigh in. I thought that after trying CD & then getting the tummy bug that when I started to eat again I would put on weight. I lost 1.5 pounds, a fantastic result for week 1 under the circumstances :D

Well done! Fab result!

Back