Annie's diary - starting 21 day carb detox

Oh wow!!! :)
Many many congratulations.....

I'm so happy for you. Why not email Marissa on her blog and ask for advice following the plan through pregnancy?

K xxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Well done on your weight loss as well:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Thanks everyone :) I cant bring myself to take down my ticker yet - it was hard bloody work losing those 25 lbs - but I will in a wee while. Well today went well - I did feel a tiny bit nauseated this afternoon, but I ate healthily I had: B'fast _Apple, 1/4 banana, blueberries with yoghurt and flaxseeds Snack - plum Lunch - ham, turkey, tomatoe, beetroot, coleslaw and ons slice of bread snack - small slice of fruit cake and 3 nuts Dinner - homemade veg soup I think that is plenty of food, I would welcome anyone else's opinion?

Wow,
Congratulations to you. How exciting. I think your food looks perfect, its really healthy, just watch portions, in that you should be eating enough. Anyway, take it easy on yourself, and look after yourself.
xxx

What a result that the baba doesnt like choccie!
Keep healthy
x

Well I had a great weekend at electric picnic - and I saw my GP today I explained about the programme and she said it was fine to continue and to continue using my cross trainer. So I feel better now that I can continue to eat healthy and hopefully gain only a nice healthy amount and ill be able to lose it quicker if I dont have bad habits :) - that is the plan anyway! Oh she also said if I want I can continue to lose weight during the first trimester - but I dont think I will actively try to lose any, I think ill just try not to gain any yet -(I did gain 2lbs over the weekend - doh)

congrats on the preg hope ya dont get to bad of morning sickness xxx

That all sounds like good news from the doc then:D

Well its been a week since I found out I am preggers and I have to say I feel great, I still have no desire to eat any junk food and I am eating sensibly, no morning sickness at all, and I am exercising every day.

Well I emailed Marissa Peer and she emailed me back:D - she said it is totally fine to continue her programme during pregnancy but to eat a little more oats and rice - sounds good to me, but it is going to get tough I know it is - ill be like 'Im pregnant I deserve treats' but I am not going to give in - I am not piling on weight like I did the last time - so I have to be strict, Im a bit of an all or nothing person when it comes to control. Im still very positive though and have had no cravings for chocolate etc.

I'm so glad she's mailed you back hun :)
Thats great news that you can still follow the programme. Am glad you're feeling ok.
xxx

Annie, thats excellent news, so go ahead from the doc and Marissa, all sounds good to me.
x

Well I had a disasterous weekend, I have a constant battle raging in my head - on the one hand I love eating healthy and being in control and I know it is good for the baby.

On the other hand I feel oh poor pregnant me I deserve an odd treat here and there - only problem is I cant do odd treat

So this morning I re-read Marissa's book especially the bit about how carbs affect people with low seretonin (ie bulimics etc) so I now am treating it as addiction and I am giving up all refined carbs - I feel positive and in control again!!

Last edited:
Oh Annie
Poor you. It must have been a shock when you were going down one track and then found out you were pregnant. Dont forget you hormones and body are going to be all over the place, so its like everything has been thrown up in the air. Stay strong, and remember Marisas words, you are enough.
xxx

Morning, well I am delighted to say I am firmly back on track.

Today I am having

Breakfast - fruit with soy yogurt and flaxseeds
Snack - toasted pumpkin and sesame seeds
Lunch - carrot and parsnip mash and one meatball (Quorn)
Snack - Banana
Dinner - Homemade veg and chicken soup

Drinks - green tea and water

Cross trainer x 30mins

And I weighed myself and I am the exact same weight as when I found out I was pregnant - 12 stone. Im happy with that, this is not about weight loss for me, its about changing my whole attitude and relationship with food now and forever:)

Well a little update here, all is going well pregger wise, not so well food wise I have been generally ok but have had a little too many treats and the old familiar cravings are back so I am starting a 21 day carb detox to quiten the cravings and resume healthy eating. I am not piling on weight this time.

Allowed - all fruit, veg, seeds, nuts (except peanuts) meat, fish,eggs, chicken, oats, brown rice, ryvita and soy milk.

Not allowed - crisps, chocolate, pasta, bread, ice cream, cereals.

Allowed a little - dark chocolate and cheese and potatoes

Would anyone like to join me - its only 21 days??

Back