Another newbie diet diary

Morning all. Not doing at all well this week... don't want to zumba, don't want to go out walking, just don't want to! I'm not going to beat myself up, I'm having a lazy week... so what? It's 1 week out of 52, not exactly world shattering failure is it?

How are you Rose? How's shifting the Christmas gain going?

have you got your diary up and running yet Claire? I'm just going to have a look

morning lovey :)

just do what your body and mind are telling you to to! we all get days and weeks like that..or in my case..months!!! hee hee I am melting the pesky pounds, but my head isn't fully motivated this time, just going through the motions, rather than bouncing about with enthusiasm :) I blame the weather! lol

Have a good one, there is a dvd party going on in my thread..hurry up, i'll get the kettle on..again! :)

I am so glad I don't have to weigh until the last Sunday of the month because I have been a very naughty Tasi!!! Just look:

Friday... Indian takeaway from Asda. One of those complete meals for two they do, and I mean complete

Saturday: Chips (made in the actifry... but it all goes downhill from there) sausages and fried (yes really) egg.

Sunday breakfast Bacon omlette.

A very ashamed (but full and suffering acid indigestion) Tasi over in this corner of the woods. I doubt I can undo the damage in a week:break_diet::wave_cry:

Good morning Tasi :)

listen, don't worry or beat yourself up over it, its blooming hard work this healthy eating malarkey as i've said a hundred times..normally to myself! hee hee
so you've had a few wee treats recently, you were not in the right frame of mind to choose a low fat healthy option, so the goodies jumped into your trolley instead!
Thatwas then, this is now..and just by trying to cut back a wee bit in the coming days, will still give you some sort of loss lovey..all is not lost..blips happen..they come, they go..and then we try again!

Chin up, tomorrow is a brand new week, and a brand new attitude :)

Good luck!

I feel a lot more 'with-it' today I think it's the weather. We have beautiful sun here on the welsh borders, but still very chilly if you go out.

I'm back on track and slept well last night. It's been so cold here that we have kept out heating on a night, and I think that was waking me up. We are so used to sleeping in a cool room that having a hot one disturbs us!

Good luck everyone for the rest of the week and thank you Rose for your kind words

hello Tasi, happy friday..yes, i'm with you too...hate to be too hot and uncomfortable..i love opening the windows, hubby follows me closing them, then i open them again..and so it goes on! hee hee

Have a great weekend :)

IF GOD GAVE ME A BRAIN HE ROBBED A RABBIT.

Let me first set the scene:
I had a dental apt this morning for 9.15. I walked into town, for the exercise, it took about 15 mins, and got to the surgery at 9.10. It is in a very old Tudor building on the third floor with very narrow oak stairs and no lift. If someone with mobility problems needs to see a dentist, there is an emergency treatment room on the ground floor. It is a matter of pride that my knees take me up to the top!
Anyway, up I went, wishing there was an oxygen stop on the second floor, as I usually do, and lurched through the surgery door gasping like a grampus. ‘Morning Mrs B’ said the receptionist whilst furiously thumbing through the appointment book ‘ummm are you su…?’
‘Hello Tasi’ sayeth my dentist, strolling through from the staffroom with a mug of coffee ‘What are you doing here? Your appointment’s not till the 29th’

By gum! That’s better than the gym

We have an old Victorian house. It was 100 years old in 1994. So, we have an old Victorian back yard, it even had a ‘wash house’ with a copper in it. That went years ago, when we extended the bathroom. Anyway, we have Cotswold gravel in the back yard, a shed with the big freezer and tumble drier and planters along the wall. We also have Dolly, a black lab who is the size of a small donkey so every week I go out and disinfect the gravel just in case she has piddled on it.
Once a year, I rake up all the gravel to a corner, disinfect it all, then relay it and hose it down thoroughly so as not to burn her paws. Today was the day for this year. I started at 8am and I have just finished. Hubby had a large coronary in 2009 so I don't let him do anything but a bit of raking to level it all off at the end.
I’m sucking up a coffee and if I haven’t lost weight from all that exercise, then the only way I shall drop weight is to amputate me leg!

Phew!!! i am exhausted just reading that Tasi!! hee hee

well done you, i'm very impressed and there is sure to be a few pounds in the melting pot now! :)

have a great day, when do you next weigh in hun? x

Only 2 pounds off this month. I was looking for a minimum of 6 but I'm just grateful I didn't gain. Don't look back, just expect a good loss for March.

I had to go into hospital as a day case last Wednesday for dental extraction under GA. I have stitches either side of the back of the upper gum and even my lips are swollen. I've been mainlining ice cream and soups!

Good luck everyone

Aww get well soon Tasi, sounds painful..yet very brave of you! do you need to pop back for a check up? If so..when? If it gets too much, go back sooner than planned hun, take care!

You won't be able to eat properly and will probably lose 2 stone this month!!!! :)

Oh boy! I must have broken some mirrors in my day. I should have gone back for a dental check up today, but yesterday I felt so poorly that I went to my dentist rather than the hospital. I felt such a failure, a week today I had the surgery and I felt worse than better and the pain was awful. I was warned I would be sore for a while, but this was indescribable.
Anyway, I have: 1 dry socket (which gives pain as bad as an abscess) and 2 abscesses! No wonder I couldn't sleep.
I'm on quite strong antibiotics and ditto pain relief. I have to eat mashed up food for the coming week, I'm seen again by my dentist on Monday and I should, fingers crossed, be starting to feel more comfortable tomorrow. What a Godawful week.

Back