Another newbie to CC!

krupskaya

Gold Member
Hi all, *waves hello* - I'm a long-time user of Minimins and have always done SW (apart from brief stints with 5:2 and WW). I just feel at a dead end with SW now though. There's too much freedom and I end up gorging on free and superfree food.

So after struggling for a while I've started calorie counting. I've calculated my BMR (1286) and my TDEE (1544) and MFP suggested I use 1200 calories a day - which is what I'm going to try. Did my first day yesterday and ended up eating 1450 as I was so hungry but hoping to do better today. So far so good!

It would be nice to get to know other CCers so pop on and say hello!

Hi - another one who came over from SW after eating too much "free" food and also live in Wales :)

I was the same weight as you when I started and did 1200 cals a day plus exercise and had a steady weight loss until I reached my target - now on 15/1700 a day to maintain.

Well done Systema! I really want to follow your example - any top tips?

I really just got stuck into and kept to the plan of 1200 cals a day as I wanted to do it this time. I didn't snack and ate "proper" meals. I suppose it is easier when you don't have other distractions like kids and work and other people eating different food and having the time to do the exercise.
I like to plan what I am going to eat for a few days and always write down the food and cal values so I know how many cals I have left during the day. I also did Leslie Sansone walking miles which I got free from You Tube and made time to do it - 30 - 45 mins per day..... https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou...1&espv=&ie=UTF-8&q=leslie sansone 2 mile walk
You can find them from 1 to 5 miles on youtube.
Good Luck with it - just try to give yourself a bit of time each day to do the exercise and decide what you are going to eat if you can.

Hi all, *waves hello* - I'm a long-time user of Minimins and have always done SW (apart from brief stints with 5:2 and WW). I just feel at a dead end with SW now though. There's too much freedom and I end up gorging on free and superfree food.

So after struggling for a while I've started calorie counting. I've calculated my BMR (1286) and my TDEE (1544) and MFP suggested I use 1200 calories a day - which is what I'm going to try. Did my first day yesterday and ended up eating 1450 as I was so hungry but hoping to do better today. So far so good!

It would be nice to get to know other CCers so pop on and say hello!

This sounds like me, SW is great, but there is a bit too much freedom to big eaters like me! Plus I found that it make my appetite bigger for times when I'm not on plan, so could also eat masses of non-SW approved food.

Good luck :)

Thank you Systema and Veggie Girl. Gosh this part of the forum is quite isn't it. I would've thought there would be lots more calorie counters looking for support.

This forum has always been quite - quite a shock when you come over from the SW forums where they move off the front page in one day.
Good Luck to both of you with Calorie Counting.

Thank you - good luck to you S!

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to these forums and wanted to say hello :) I've CC'd on and off for years now but never really commit myself to it. After little success with SW I've decided to really focus on CC to shift some stubborn weight. Good luck to everyone and I hope to chat to you often :)

Hi Milou, welcome to Minimins!

Back