Another Newbie!

Yummy Mummy xx

Hi everyone!!

I am thinking about doing the Atkins diet.. Have been on the Cambridge for 2 weeks now and really struggling with the shakes.. :sigh: I have had the flu all week now and cant stomach the shakes.. :cry:need to eat food!!!!:)

Just wondering if there are any support groups or if you do it at home alone?? What does everyone think of it and was is everyones average weight loss etc??

Would really love to hear from you xx

Hi YM, is that real flu or is it LC Flue?

I lost a lot each week on induction, after the first month or so it steadied down to a regular 2lbs a week with the odd whooshie of a 5lber.

Atkins was great for me, but each to their own. I'd say whatever works for you.

Hi yummy mummy. As Jim says, each to their own. I lost loads on low carb a few years ago and I'm giving it another try because it did work very well for me.

There don't seem to be any classes about but there's loads of support on here. I would recommend you buy a book though.

Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution is the one most people on low carb seem to follow but Protein Power is another and Rose Elliot does a veggie low carb diet. You can get any of them second hand on Amazon.

Good luck x

Hiya!

Yep real flu.. all the family have had it.. Horrible!! Still feeling better now and more positive.. I loved the feeling of the weight loss on Cambridge but love food!! I am happy to eat with a steady loss! Off to amazon now to take a look at the books! Thank you for your support xx

I'd recommend the '72 version of Atkins if you can get it. I always felt the later versions were just trying to sell the Atkins L/C & S/F products personally.

It was a very "Clean & Green" diet Jules. Nothing but meat and greens and a vitamin supplement. No s/f or l/c at all.

It's probably easier to stick to the newer versions Jules, but I had no real choice, the Atkins stuff just wasn't available when I was doing it.

Back