Another question about taster sessions

Guru

Silver Member
I have a taster session next week for the first time and am looking for inspiration of what to take. What kind of things have you guys taken along to taster sessions in the past?

Hi :)

I went to a taster session last week and from memory there were:
Mikado sticks with fruit skewered on
Fresh peppers with a syn free hummus and a yoghurt based dip
Curry loaf
Syn free quiche
Smash scones (savoury)
Half syn roulade
Oven baked spicy chickpeas
Sw cheesecake

If you need any recipes simply pop it into google- or use the minimins search tool, they are all common sw searches :)

I bought two swiss rolls when I did something the other week, I also did the fake rochers.

There were also syn free mini quiches (egg, small bit of milk, bacon, spring onion and general seasoning) pork balls, chicken jerk bites (those were lovely!!)
There was also a low syn chocolate cake and a low syn carrot cake, a curry loaf and some peach pudding thing made with quark peach mullers and peach jelly (or something similar lol)

but yeah, that's everything that I can remember that was at our taster evening. :)

I've made cinnamon rolls (sheet of low fat puff pastry cut in half and sprinkled with cinnamon and sweetener, each half rolled up and sliced, then baked in the oven. Can get about 70 out if it and they are a syn each)

Brownies which makes 15 and are a syn each

I've taken the Iceland duck skewers which can be cooked or just defrosted but are better cooked and are 1 syn for the box of 12

Someone brought salmon pate to our last one which was delicious - smoked salmon, quark and lemon juice all blitzed up - with crudités

Hi Squares, fancy seeing you here ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions folks! I think I might make bbq pulled pork.

I've made cinnamon rolls (sheet of low fat puff pastry cut in half and sprinkled with cinnamon and sweetener, each half rolled up and sliced, then baked in the oven. Can get about 70 out if it and they are a syn each)

I've taken the Iceland duck skewers which can be cooked or just defrosted but are better cooked and are 1 syn for the box of 12

Someone brought salmon pate to our last one which was delicious - smoked salmon, quark and lemon juice all blitzed up - with crudités

Hi,

Would you be able to post or link me to the recipe for the brownies please?

80g FF yogurt (I used vanilla muller)
40g cocoa (7 syns)
40g porridge oats (7 syns OR HexB)
60ml Almond milk (I swapped this for 60ml skimmed and synned at 1syn)
20-30g sweetener
1 semi heaped tsp baking powder (0.5 syns)
1egg
1tsp vanilla essence
Pinch salt

Bung everything in a blender and whizz together. Pour it into a lined/greased baking tin (I used a silicone one or muffin cases works too) gas Mark 6 (about 160 ish) for 15-20 mins

When cooked cut into small pieces.

Am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the duck skewers are 1 syn per skewer not per box. We were told that loads of people have made this mistake

80g FF yogurt (I used vanilla muller)
40g cocoa (7 syns)
40g porridge oats (7 syns OR HexB)
60ml Almond milk (I swapped this for 60ml skimmed and synned at 1syn)
20-30g sweetener
1 semi heaped tsp baking powder (0.5 syns)
1egg
1tsp vanilla essence
Pinch salt

Bung everything in a blender and whizz together. Pour it into a lined/greased baking tin (I used a silicone one or muffin cases works too) gas Mark 6 (about 160 ish) for 15-20 mins

When cooked cut into small pieces.

Thank you so much I will be trying this this week :)

My group have been told 1syn for whole box

I'm going to query it with my consultant (shes the one that said it was per skewer) as this is off the sw site and it definitely reads as 1 syn per pack. There'll be a lot of happy people in my group!!!

ProductExtra Easy Original Green
Party Hoisin Duck Skewers 12 pack, 166g pack 1 1 15

Back