Another question! Are AAM weights raw/ckd?

puddycat

Hi all,

Well I never thought I'd post so much but it feels like home here everyone is so nice!

Can anyone tell me, are the AAM weights for raw or cooked meat? It's just my whole cooked chicken breast was just over 2 oz, but it weighed 6 oz raw - obv. the fluid came out in cooking making it less, but which one do you work to?

Many thanks folks for any help!

and keep strong !!!:D

Hi

It's cooked weight I believe but I am sure a CDC will be along to soon and will correct me if I am wrong. I am sure I read it in another post recently. Hope this helps and lucky you for having AAM, I have got another 2 weeks SSing before mine!

Hi SpaceAngel,
Thanks for that.....tbh though I have only done 1 week of SS so far. It's just I have a really acidy stomach and I thought tonight that some chicken may help calm it down. I haven't cheated once, but I haven't felt very good at all since starting the plan so I feel unsure about the future. I want to do it more than anything, but I can't keep on feeling so bad all the time. Oh dear- that sounds miserable!

Good luck with yours, I can see from your ticker you are doing really well! xx

Hi all,

Well I never thought I'd post so much but it feels like home here everyone is so nice!

Can anyone tell me, are the AAM weights for raw or cooked meat? It's just my whole cooked chicken breast was just over 2 oz, but it weighed 6 oz raw - obv. the fluid came out in cooking making it less, but which one do you work to?

Many thanks folks for any help!

and keep strong !!!:D

The answer is definitely raw weight I'm afraid :(

I didnt know you "lost" so much chicken when you cooked it. Was it a frozen chicken? They do contain more water than fresh....

It is raw though.

What a swizz to start cooking a 6oz piece and only ending up with a third.

How long did you cook it - 5 hours :D :eek: :D (joking)

:D !!! really laughed when I saw the rest of the posts this morning....and just to clear up the confusion - I think the new scales we bought had something to do with the odd reading!!! .....but the chicken was de-lish anyway ;)

Back