ANOTHER SW chips thread

Oooh, I might give this a go. I tried boiling them for 5mins and letting them cool, but when I tried to shake them round they just fell apart and went mushy :(
So just chop them up and whack them in the microwave for 2mins then frylight them and stick them in the oven?? :D
i boil mine for 3 mins in fact when they start boiling i turn my ring off because they cook in their own steam! i find mine fall apart after 4 mins so i only do 3 mins now

I think we all have to parboil and microwave for different times because we probably all have chips that are different thicknesses. Parboiling my chunky ones take at least 7 minutes. But I know I can nuke 2 average sized potatoes worth in the microwave in just 3.

I used to boil them, brown then roast. Last night I sprayed fry light, popped them in the micro, then oven - much better!

activfry is a tefal appliance where you can fry things with very little or no fats you can do other things in it as well. if you google it you will see a photo of it or look on the lakeland site for it

The Sw chips i do are really easy....chip a potato (with skin still on) Place on Frylighted baking tray, Season, and bung in the oven for 25-30 mins. Loverly :)

can i ask why you par boil your chips before putting them in the actifry? Have you tried just chipping them and wacking them straight in? Thats the whole idea of it its so quick and easy and they taste deicious...
just a tip from me regarding SW roast pots in actifry sprinkle a beef oxo cube over them before cooking my oh my they taste yummy
i couldnt live without my actifry i love making a chilli con carnie in mine too

sometimes i just get a big potato cut it into wedge shapes, dip the cut sides in a mix of soya sauce paprika,chilli or dried herbs, and bung them in as well, they are gorgeous, more filling and irresistable, infact i can have four or five large potatos sometimes

I made SW chips yesterday using a microwave instead of par boiling them and not only did they taste so much better but they also only took 20 mins in the oven and they usually take double that!! Yummy!! :D

I have to say I am amazing myself with the quality of my SW chips. I still boil them for around 6 or 7 mins - drain, spray with Better than Butter Frylight and stir in garlic granules, paprika, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and stick them in the oven for 25-30 mins at 200C - then whack it up to full temp for another 5 mins. Either cut them into wedges/chip shapes, or get out the mandoline for perfect chip shapes (but then you really need to reduce the cooking time).
Mmmmm, think I will make some SW Chips tonight!

I did them in the microwave too the other day and then in the oven and sooo much better!! Like proper chips! Now I'm goign to try them with different seasonings on! Thanks for the tip!

I agree, the microwaving first technique is so much much better! Not only is it quicker, it is less messy and they are lovely and fluffy inside. I might have to knock some up myself for a cheeky snack this evening with some honey and mustard dip...

I may try them in the microwave one day! I am just generally anti-microwave - only use it to defrost meat when I have forgotten to take it out of the freezer!
Decided upon tofu curry tonight - and as I think we are out of rice I will be carring it with curried SW chips :D

Back