Antibiotics?????

I'm now on antibiotics due to yet another chest infection!! Can anybody tell me if this affects your weight loss on SW, i know on some other diets it can. Has anybody experienced weight gain whilst on antibiotics. I get weighed on monday and this is my first week on SW, so don't want to be defeted before i have started.

I don't think you should worry about it after you will only be on them for a short period of time so I doubt they will have any effect on your losses, even if weight gain is a possible side effect.

I don't think antibiotics affect weight loss. Steroids can affect it because they increase your appetite, so you have to be careful not to eat more when you're on them.

don't worry about it. if you do gain or maintain you'll know why - it will be your bodies way of healing so don't be too hard on yourself.... you'll just lose double next weigh-in when your body realises it's fine! ;)

I've never heard of antibiotics affecting weight loss, but you can always double check with your doctor of your worried x

Back