Any advice for this newbie please ;)

Im feeling....excited. Like I just want to get stuck in and go for it. Im in this for the long haul but I have holidays coming up in May and I would love to lose as much as possible by then. No more belt extender on the plane! lol Its the little things, eh? I didnt know you could friend request people on here. I will play about with it! Im excited for us all, now!:D

Yay very excited! Def send me requests coz I've no clue how to do it! Do delighted we all have each other! Go team weight loss! Ha ha

I know, great isn't it!
I've sent the request, you should have received it?
It def keeps me motivated having people going through the same as I, we're all in this together, and can be so helpful through the good times, or the bad! Though am hoping the bad times are rare :)

xxx

Im feeling....excited. Like I just want to get stuck in and go for it. Im in this for the long haul but I have holidays coming up in May and I would love to lose as much as possible by then. No more belt extender on the plane! lol Its the little things, eh? I didnt know you could friend request people on here. I will play about with it! Im excited for us all, now!:D

That's exactly how I feel! I've had everything for today - porridge at 10.15am, a shake at 2.30pm, a bar at 5.30pm, and dinner of spag bol with broccoli at 7.30pm. Then just one cup of black coffee and 5 pints of water.
Not hungry at all now, and I am so happy about that! Can't believe I've only had 650cals, and I feel very satisfied! :)

It's a life-long commitment I think. Not this diet, but healthy eating to maintain - I don't want to go through this strict regime, pay out all this money, just to gain it all again! So, once I am at goal, I think I'll stick to an Atkins type diet - low carbs but plenty of everything else (in moderation!).

Yes, it's the little things, and each one counts!

Yes, you just click on the person's nickname, then click 'add contact', then it asks if you want to send a friends request. Only just figured it out myself!!

Yep, me too! :bighug:

I can't figure out this friend reque thing on my phone at all so I'll have to try my laptop! I was thinking of joining unislim or ww when I'm near target so I can be monitored during refeed and hopefully be able to stick to moderation when I return to "normal" eating! How long do ye plan on Sticking to the plan before ye have a planned break and how many packs a day will ye have?

I can't figure out this friend reque thing on my phone at all so I'll have to try my laptop! I was thinking of joining unislim or ww when I'm near target so I can be monitored during refeed and hopefully be able to stick to moderation when I return to "normal" eating! How long do ye plan on Sticking to the plan before ye have a planned break and how many packs a day will ye have?

I couldn't do it on my phone, I had to do that online.

I am DREADING the re-feed stage! I'll just follow the guidelines on S&S's website, then I think I will follow an Atkins style of diet - low carbs. I think it has to be for life, otherwise I will just gain it all again.

I'll stay on for 12 weeks if I need to be on that long, have the week break they insist on, then restart if needs be.
I am thinking after the re-feed, I may have 2 of their products a day even, then a healthy evening meal. I won't be doing that with the shakes though - I loved the one I had today (Choc), but it didn't take away the hunger pangs for very long at all!
One way or the other, I won't be going back to my old ways!

xxx

I definitely agree! This has to be for life this time! I'm sick of putting it on and losing it I just need to come to terms with the fact that I have to mind what I eat for life and if it'll mean a slim healthy me then it just has to be done!

I do need so advice tho please... I have been home waiting for my packs to arrive so I haven't eaten today in the hope that they will arrive, just got a txt there to say that they will be here between 2 and 5, do I soldier on and start when they arrive or should I eat and start tomorrow?

I dunno. If they dont come til 5, it will mean have to scoff all 4 packs down in not very long. LOL. Then again. If they get there by 2ish, you could probably manage. I would probably just eat and start tomorrow so I can start off properly and space them. But you've gotta do what you think is best. Its almost a shame to waste a day, as youve not eaten either! Ack! I dunno! lol Im no use!

I definitely agree! This has to be for life this time! I'm sick of putting it on and losing it I just need to come to terms with the fact that I have to mind what I eat for life and if it'll mean a slim healthy me then it just has to be done!

I do need so advice tho please... I have been home waiting for my packs to arrive so I haven't eaten today in the hope that they will arrive, just got a txt there to say that they will be here between 2 and 5, do I soldier on and start when they arrive or should I eat and start tomorrow?

I know, I think everything in moderation is the key. All this after I just bought loads of bakeware, lol! Oops! Oh well, it may come in handy one day!

Oh blimey, that's a bit rubbish! If you've not eaten, if you feel like it, start today and have 3 meals to take you to bedtime? I don't think it will hurt you to miss one of these meals, and with the nutrition that's in them, you'll probably get more from 3 of these meals than if you just had one usual meal today.
Seems as you've done so well, I'd do that, but it's up to you :)
Have you been drinking plenty of water?
xxx

I dunno. If they dont come til 5, it will mean have to scoff all 4 packs down in not very long. LOL. Then again. If they get there by 2ish, you could probably manage. I would probably just eat and start tomorrow so I can start off properly and space them. But you've gotta do what you think is best. Its almost a shame to waste a day, as youve not eaten either! Ack! I dunno! lol Im no use!

That's a point! Am thinking if you've got them now! If they don't come till 5, do what you think is best. No point starving yourself till 5, it's not good for you.
Tho, I hope they've turned up by now!
xxx

Beelishy, how's it gone? Are you finding it to be okay? xxx

YAY THEY'RE HERE! So delighted! Decided to start tomorrow coz it was getting too late! Can't wait till the morning now! Any suggestions on what to try first?

How are ye getting on?!

I just finished my dinner. I would suggest you go through your packs and see what you THINK you might like more than others. Then have one of the things that you think might be plain awful (for me it was the curry soup and curry meal) and have one of those a day until theyre gone. lol. I had a toffee shake today, i ended up chucking the curry soup out because i just really really cant stand even the smell of curry. and i just had my meal - mushroom pasta with some veg. it was fine. Quite happy with it actually. I still ahve a bar to have before bed.

Is there anything in your pack that is just NOT something you think you will like?

YAY THEY'RE HERE! So delighted! Decided to start tomorrow coz it was getting too late! Can't wait till the morning now! Any suggestions on what to try first?

How are ye getting on?!

Beelishy has said it all really!

Personally, I found the porridge I had yesterday morning to be more filling than the shake I had today. The bars keep me going for a while, and the evening meal with veg is enough to keep me going until the next day.

So far I have tried -
Vanilla Shake
Chocolate Shake
Strawberry Shake
Sweet Porridge
Maple & Almond Bar
Lemon Yoghurt Bar
Spag Bol with 200g Broccoli
Mushroom Pasta with 200g Leeks

I like them all! I seasoned the Mushroom pasta quite a lot, and really enjoyed it (tho the leeks have stunk the house out!!).

I add more water to the shakes (about 350ml) then it says to make it go further. It doesn't taste watered down.

So, for me, the best combination would be - something like porridge or oatmeal at breakfast, a shake or soup for lunch, an evening meal + 200g veggies, and a bar. I have been trying to save the bar for an evening snack, but have found myself so hungry at around 3.30-4pm, I've had it then, and my evening meal around 6.30-7pm.

Also, I don't have my first 'meal' until after 10am, because once I start eating, it actually makes me hungry! So before then, it's coffee & water.

Hope that helps - that's just the way I'm doing it at the mo!!

Have been looking at doing it @ 3 packs per day and a low carb evening meal. Even though this would take me to around 720cals, the carbs would be less, and according to S&S's meal planner, I would be in deep ketosis, rather than just in ketosis, because my carbs would go down from the current 65g to around 45g!!

Am thinking I will stick this week out, and then do that - I spoke with a lady from S&S, and she said I would get the same results whichever way I decided to go.

Good luck for tomo!!
:) xxx

Those 20g less of carbs a day really make no difference to be honest. I feel no different whichever I follow, 4 or 3 and a meal. Neither have a better loss. I wouldn't worry about it.

Those 20g less of carbs a day really make no difference to be honest. I feel no different whichever I follow, 4 or 3 and a meal. Neither have a better loss. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks Caz,

I was just thinking of doing the 3 + meal because yesterday I didn't feel very good at all for a few hours. I thought I'd stick this first week out on the 4 packs, then assess - will see how it goes these next couple of days! :)
How're you doing?

Nat xxx

Good luck for today hun!! :) xxx

Thanks so much for all the advice :) feeling really good this morning started with a banana shake and was so pleased with the taste! I do think I'll add more water for the next shake coz it was a bit thick for me, I have tomato soup for lunch so hopefully that will go well too! Not telling anyone at work about the diet coz I don't want to be listening to the lectures at the moment,

Thanks so much for all the support I really appreciate it ;)

Hope ye have a fantastic day and I'll chat to ye soon xx

Back