any advice on moving up the plans?

this*time

I am moving up to ssplus next week, I will have a little over a stone to go by then, my idea was to move up 2 weekly, is this too shorter time? I am already worried about putting weight on? has this happened to anyone? I have had fairly small loses for 100% ss, so I am a little worried about moving up :sigh:

I'm not sure how quickly the body adjusts to the increase in calories, but considering you will still have a calorie deficit, you should still be losing weight as you move up.

The weight loss might pause for a few days or so, maybe even a small but temporary increase, while the body adapts to the higher calorie level. Not sure as I’ve never been there myself.

I would do each step for 2 weeks, like you plan to. But in addition to that, I would also set target losses for each step and stay on them until they are achieved even if it takes longer than 2 weeks. Maybe something like 7lbs for step 2, 6lbs for step 3, 5lbs for step 4 and 4lbs for step 5.

Just thinking out loud really, but that is how I would do it.

thanks a million, that makes alot of sense, just panicing about it lol, guess that can happen after a while with no food at all

I'm also really interested to hear what people think about this and have a couple of questions. I have one and a half stone to lose. I want to move plans to Weight Watchers eventually, as it would fit with my active lifestyle that I've shunned for faster losses, and it works for me (just too slowly for my current need - who wants to lose 1.5lbs a week when you can lose 3-4!!). I have a stone to lose before I want to make the switch (I want to lose the last half stone on Weight Watchers ), so should I start moving up the plans before I switch? Should I do ALL the maintenance plans before I switch, or do would be okay to switch to Weight Watchers when I would be doing 1000?

Choose the Cambridge step that is closest to the amount of calories you will consume per day on weight watchers. Do up to and including that step and then switch over. :)

I think you need to look at your expectations. 3 pound a week is great! I'd have loved to lose that regularly when I first did a VLCD. Don't aim for perfection, just aim to lose and that way, whatever diet stage you do, you'll be happy.

Back