Any advice on which is best... S&S or LT?

I'm in exactly the same position, I'm on day 15 of LT and really struggling. I'm thinking of changing to S&S but worried the weight losses won't be as good as I've lost 16.5lbs in 2 weeks so far.

I am on week 3 of SnS and have lost 24 pounds! which is actually more that I lost in my first 3 weeks of LT and I don't feel as weak or as ill AND def not as grumpy as I was on LT :D

violetfire said:
I am on week 3 of SnS and have lost 24 pounds! which is actually more that I lost in my first 3 weeks of LT and I don't feel as weak or as ill AND def not as grumpy as I was on LT :D

That's great what was your start weight on s&s do you mind me asking ?

Great you've all made my mind up! I've just ordered some samples & other bits to try so I'll start after I finish this week on LT :)

Worse case is that you don't get on with it and you go back to LT. Bet you don't though ;)

munchbunch said:
That's great what was your start weight on s&s do you mind me asking ?

23 stone 4!!! Now 21 stone 8 and thats just in 3 weeks :)

I'm in exactly the same position, I'm on day 15 of LT and really struggling
Which bit of LT are you struggling with Lisa? If it's the taste (or lack of!) of the shakes or just not being able to stomach them then S&S undoubtedly taste better but if it's the not eating then i don't think it's going to be any different on S&S. Yes you can have the protein and veg but it is restricted and that is all you can have apart from a bit of milk.
Not trying to put you off at all as this one def tastes better, just want you to be sure and don't find you are struggling with the same thing on this once you have broken away from the restrictions you have on LT as it would be hard to go back xx
I'm hoping this makes sense!!!

It's just the limited options, I'm so sick of the strawberry & chocolate shakes and chicken soup already! I'm fine with no food & drinking plenty of water and even got used to black coffee but would love some more choices x

I know what you mean, i lived on choc shakes and a flapjack a day!
Good luck then Lisa, hope it all works out for you and that you keep up the great weight loss which i have no doubt you will :)

Thank you x

Hi again. Just read all the posts. . All this advice has been wonderful. I got my pack of s&s today but I'm not sure whether to have one day in it then stop for the wedding on Friday or just to wait until after the wedding and start on Sunday. Hmm decisions :). I am just desperate to get started.

violetfire said:
23 stone 4!!! Now 21 stone 8 and thats just in 3 weeks :)

That's bloody fantastic I bet your dead chuffed I know I would be !!!!

Rocky Road said:
Hi again. Just read all the posts. . All this advice has been wonderful. I got my pack of s&s today but I'm not sure whether to have one day in it then stop for the wedding on Friday or just to wait until after the wedding and start on Sunday. Hmm decisions :). I am just desperate to get started.

Start fresh Sunday !! Enjoy the wedding

Have you started a diary hun??? X

You really are doing fab !!! Good on ya mrs

Thank you! I actually FEEL like I am losing weight and I am starting to feel better about myself in my head (if you know what I mean) if I feel like this after 24 pounds imagine what I will feel like at target weight! :O

violetfire said:
Thank you! I actually FEEL like I am losing weight and I am starting to feel better about myself in my head (if you know what I mean) if I feel like this after 24 pounds imagine what I will feel like at target weight! :O

I know what you mean you'd be over the moon wouldn't you unable to describe tbh

I don't think words could cut it :)

Exactly... I am really lucky to have friends and a partner who tell me all the time how beautiful etc I am but none of that matters when I look in the mirror or worse picture myself in my head :-S but I think this diet is helping me change all that :-D

violetfire said:
Exactly... I am really lucky to have friends and a partner who tell me all the time how beautiful etc I am but none of that matters when I look in the mirror or worse picture myself in my head :-S but I think this diet is helping me change all that :-D

Yeh it's great to have the support isn't it !!

But I totally understand when I look at a photo or in mirror I do get down about the weight but I'm doing somthing and soon that will change how I feel when I look in the mirror x

Yeh it's great to have the support isn't it !!

But I totally understand when I look at a photo or in mirror I do get down about the weight but I'm doing somthing and soon that will change how I feel when I look in the mirror x

EXACTLY!!! We CAN do this!!!!!! :bighug:

Back