Any advice on which is best... S&S or LT?

We better bloody had lol x

Thanks Becca and well done Violetfire on your great achievement. I know how you feel as when I dropped 9lb I felt invincible lol and that is a drop in the ocean. I also thought wow if I feel this good with that amount how will I feel after 7stone. Probably absolutely buzzing :)

That is one of the differences this time, I actually feel really excited about losing weight whereas before I always thought of the deprivation. This site has also been a great support already. It is so good to see other people doing what I am going to do and other people losing weight as it makes me believe I can and will do it too.

Couldn't agree more !!

Bit to loose pics are amazing have you seen ??

No Becca I haven't seen that. Where is it.... I must find it immediately lol. It is funny because when I type in here the hunger (or appetite) seems to go. I don't know what it is. I wish I had used this site much sooner.

It's in the hey y'all thread page 7 al bump it up now for you x

Hi Becca. Sorry I'm quite new here. What does bump it up mean, like send it me? Or message it me. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Oh I decided to have one day on s&s even though I had decided to wait until after wedding lol. I am so impatient. Well the food is gorgeous. I love the white choc bar and the spicy spaghetti. Think I am going to love this diet and can't wait to start properly :)

Rocky Road said:
Hi Becca. Sorry I'm quite new here. What does bump it up mean, like send it me? Or message it me. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Oh I decided to have one day on s&s even though I had decided to wait until after wedding lol. I am so impatient. Well the food is gorgeous. I love the white choc bar and the spicy spaghetti. Think I am going to love this diet and can't wait to start properly :)

Lol al go the laptop he he send you the link if I can x

Bump just means someone 'bumping' a thread so that it shows up the top of the thread list and is easily found :)

I've got it lol. I found the thread. Oh yeh bit2lose. She has done amazing and the good thing is that she was off the diet for 6 months I think and only put on 3lb which just shows you don't just put the weight back on the way everyone says. I think you just need to learn to maintain.

Oh is that what bumping is. I was thinking it was like the iphone lol. I should not be allowed near technology :p

oh bugger just seen your other post

Yes she has been on 12 weeks and gone from a size 18/20 to a 12 how fab is that !!!

bit2lose took a 2 month break / pause to get her head back in the game but only putting on 3lbs once you stop a VLCD without an extensive refeeding program is fantastic. This journey is not just about weight loss, it's about analysing our relationship with food, having time out from food to understand what made us overweight, what the triggers were for overeating, what foods made us crave unhealthy foods etc. And using the protein / veg options allowable you can learn to actually enjoy eating vegetables and making them an integral part of meals for maintenance. I've learned that I can be satisfied with a small protein / veg meal and not feel like I have to fill a 10" plate complete with a mountain of carbs. I have more spices in my cupboard than I ever did before, I've discovered Frylight as a low calorie alternative to oil, and I don't automatically reach for the wine when I get home from work which I'm sure was half of the reason that my diet was so unhealthy. I'd reach for the wine and then hit the carbs. I'm sure maintenance will be challenging but I kind of feel half ready for it now and since I've stepped up the calories as I'm within my final stone I'm starting to find other foods that I've never had before that I actually enjoy and are low calorie like Quark and plain soya yoghurt. They'll definitely be a permanent fixture in my maintenance plan going forward along with some of the other more calorific things that I used to enjoy, but in moderation, not mountains.

Yes she did say in a previous post that there had been a break !!

I want to loose and keep it off tbh with you yes I want the quick losses who doesn't ? that doesn't mean I want to pile it back on .

Not up for that one bit to be honest I'm very fussy with food and I never ate chicken or fish until a few years ago now I live on the stuff , veg Nahh right now I'm working on that .
Baby steps lol

I :heartpump: mushrooms :heartpump: . I eat a mountain of them now and still crave more :). Salad, well I'm getting to like it but it's not my favourite and the weather hasn't exactly been right for salads but I've been having it for lunch every day this week.

You started about the same weight as me Bordersgirl. Can you tell me what sort of weight loss you had. I can see the total but I mean what were the first few weeks like? I am hoping for significant loss over the next 12 months as I think seeing a real difference is what I need to keep me motivated and get me out of the place I've been stuck in for a hundred years (namely around the 17 stone).

I'm with you Becca, I'm going to have to work on the veg. I don't mind salads and stir fry veg so may have to work them in somehow. I'm not a lover of mushrooms though I have to say. I don't mind them cooked up with soy sauce but I am pretty sure that isn't on the plan.

Oops I meant to say 12 weeks, not months. .... well months as well but weeks for now.

It's guna b hard work we will get there though !!

I'm looking forward to weigh in :)

I don't use my signature very often that has my stats in it. I only use it to record my WIs to be honest, and people who use the app don't see the signatures anyway. I've posted the stats from my signature below.

I am a pretty slow loser unfortunately :( but I've learned to live with that as there is really nothing I can do about it. You can't compare your losses to other people to be honest as we're all unique :). As you will see the figures were faster at the start but as you go down the losses slow as your BMR lowers (or at least mind did). As you can see I've had a few (short) breaks (where the + signs are) and got back on track afterwards. The month of December I struggled a bit (weeks 17 - 20) as I was surrounded by people stuffing their faces but I was pretty much 100% (ish!) until the day before Xmas. I started having a protein meal after New Year (it wasn't part of the S&S plan until January although I was having the veg) and then when I got to a stone to go (of my original goal) I stepped up to 800 calories. Think that was around the beginning of March. My original goal was to lose 6 stone and I just picked it because it seemed like a pretty daunting amount to lose initially but as I got closer I decided to up it so that I got to BMI 25 for no other reason than to say I was 'normal'. I'm sort of going through a slow refeed whilst losing my last stone to learn how to eat and lose, and eat and maintain so that I'm not in the deep end when I get to goal. Because of this I accept that it will take me some time to get to goal but I'm ok with that to be honest. It's not nearly so important for me to lose the remaining weight quickly as it was to start with when I had a stack to lose. I'm on 2 packs per day currently with 1 or 2 meals (not mealpacks). I still count carbs though and try to keep them within ketosis limits. MFP says that I should lose about 1lb per week and I'd be delighted with that to be honest. When I eventually get to goal I will reintroduce carbs slowly as I don't intend to low carb forever. I'm going to try a low GL diet when in maintenance and pick the right sort of carbs. That's the plan anyway! :)

Progress:
1 - 4 -7, -3, -5.8, -1.8 -17.6
5 - 8 -3, -0.6, +2.4 (on holiday), -6.2 -7.4
9 - 12 -4.2, -3.4, -1.8, -1.6 -11
13 - 16 -3.4, -3.6, -2.6, -2.2 -11.8
17 - 20 -2.0, -2.6, -1.6, +7.2 (Xmas break) +1
21 - 24 + 4.2 (New Year break),-10.8, -3.4, -2.8 12.8
25 - 28 -2.2, -0.4, -3.2, -0.8 -6.6
29 - 32 +1.6 (3 days off), -4, -2.4, -2.6 -7.4
33 - 36 -0.8 (TOTM), -2.0, +7.8 (Easter break), -6.8 (back on plan) -1.8
37 - 40 -2.8, STS, +1.4 (4 day break), -4.2
Week 41 -1.6
Week 42 +4.8 (weekend totally off plan!)
Week 43 -4.8 (back to where I was :))

Total Loss = 81.2lbs

Back