Any alternative to fibreclear... (poo thread)

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
Hi everyone...

I am just wondering if there is anything else i can use as fibreclear does not seem to be helping me at all....

A few days ago i had 2 teaspoons of fibreclear (as i do every day), 2 senakots and was in agony!!

I was on and off the toilet for literally hours and felt i was getting nowhere... So i ended up with a suppository (lovely!)

I am now taking a teaspoon if fibreclear with every bottle of water, so am having 6-8 teaspoons a day, and it still hurts!!

Does anyone use anything else on a regular basis to soften, or am i stuck using something that doesn't seem to be helping?

Sorry about the content, and thanks x x

I don't suffer with constipation as such, go normally but only once a week twice at most. This was making me wonder if I take every last nutrient out of food and maybe was the reason I was finding it so hard to lose weight. So I now take a tablespoon of phsyllium husk in a glass of juice each morning. Not sure if its contributing to my weight loss but its definitely helped with water retention and hideously swollen feet ankles and legs...I have ankles again!! My ankles would bloat by 3 inches at the end of every day and now most days i'm swelling free which has freed me from wearing those oh so fetching support tights!

The psyllium husk is very gentle, doesnt cause gas or over looseness in me. Might be worth a try.

For anyone else reading...Its also recommended for use in gluten free bread and pastries as it helps bind the ingredients like gluten does

Last edited:
Su my pharmacist said that fibogel was ok, it's meant to be the natural flavour not the lemon or orange cos of citric acid content I think but, since the colonic, I have a couple of sachets every other day and things keep on moving! Oh and I've been taking the orange flavour...

Su my pharmacist said that fibogel was ok, it's meant to be the natural flavour not the lemon or orange cos of citric acid content I think but, since the colonic, I have a couple of sachets every other day and things keep on moving! Oh and I've been taking the orange flavour...

Just a quick one, if you're interested in saving money fybogel is psyllium but without the trade name, fancy packaging or flavouring. And a fraction of the cost I get 500g for £4...500g should last me about 6 months

Last edited:
Just a quick one, if you're interested in saving money fybogel is phsyllium but without the trade name, fancy packaging or flavouring. And a fraction of the cost I get 500g for £4...500g should last me about 6 months

Where from? I like a bargain these days!

Just a quick one, if you're interested in saving money fybogel is phsyllium but without the trade name, fancy packaging or flavouring. And a fraction of the cost I get 500g for £4...500g should last me about 6 months

Thank you so much for that.. Where would i buy phsyllium from please? I have looked at Boots website and i can't find it there.. I also checked Holland and Barrett and they do it in capsule form.. Is this ok, or does it have to be powder? Thank you again x x

SlimmerSu, you need loads of water with things like fybogel or else they just add extra size to already-hard poos. It sounds from your description that you already have the bulk - now you need the softness.

SlimmerSu, you need loads of water with things like fybogel or else they just add extra size to already-hard poos. It sounds from your description that you already have the bulk - now you need the softness.

I don't think i could physically drink any more!! lol
I must drink a minimum of 3 litres in the course of a day...
I think that is what i need, a softener... Do you think Lenor or Comfort would work?? lol
Is fybogel a softener or a "make you go-er"?.. Sorry, i couldn't think of the word i wanted..It's late for me!! lol x x

I get mine from thespiceworks.co.uk. I also don't drink that much fluid due to a lung condition and it just seems to move it along for me so a softener and a go-er. I'm never constipated as in the normal meaning (TMI but hard, dry, crumbly painful) but it definitely makes what I do looser but not to the point of (TMI) liquid. Oh i'm loving this thread LOL

You could try the capsules but not sure how much they can actually fit in a capsule. I take a tablespoon stirred into my morning juice

EDIT
That site is excellent for herbs, spices and speciality teas too.

Last edited:
Dulcolax works too Su. Just 1-2 of the pearls and you'll hopefully find you can poop :) xxx

Thanks Cat. That website is brilliant, I'm going to order a lot of their muslin bags and make lavender bags as stocking fillers!

I love the people on this site, every day something useful gets posted !

Happy Saturday! XXXXXXXX

I have always used a lot of herbs and spices and buying them in little jars was breaking the bank so looked for an alternative and came across them. schwartz schmartz!

I went to Egypt a couple of years ago and went crazy buying stuff at the markets.....now I'm in France a lot so buy things there instead. Never been able to buy indigo anywhere but Egypt though, brilliant for keeping whites brighter than white, and for using in your Xmas cake icing.....

Pysillium husk is great stuff su... I used to take it before this diet, and my oh still does... The only reason I don't have it now is I can't have it in water, I can only have it in juice, so a no no...

It will make you go, but it will also make it softer too if taken daily before bed time

I used to get mine from myprotein but now also use spiceworks... Golden linseeds also works very well but I would suspect are a real no no on this diet...

A word of advise.... Drink the husk as soon as you have made it... It starts to jellyfy lol other wise... Great for the kids cause if you let it go long enough it makes very rude noises in the glass when u push it pmsl. Xx

They are at it again :sick0019::sign0131:
PMSL x x x

For those of you that want the psyllium, the spiceworks sell it cheaper on ebay... It is still the same people but it is cheaper..
Thank you sooooooooooo much for all the advice x x x

Yep, I found them thru ebay and generally buy thru ebay (buyer protection and all that) but thought buying off ebay might put some people off. I have been buying all my herbs spices (and lots of garlic lol) from them for about 3 years now. Never had a single problem. Cheap, fast and efficient.

Thank you so much Cat x x x

abbie - I tried dulcolax and had crippling stomach pains!! has anyone else had this?

Back