any bikers here?

i passed my cbt on monday and am now riding round on my cygnus 125 its wonderful bit nervous at first still get butterflies going round corners :eek: but i suppose that will go with time

I ride as well, got a FZ6 Fazer, I use it mainly for commuting (45mins one way), Hollands damned flat but I'll be doing a long weekend trip around Belgium, luxembourg and Germany next month.

I had a bike up until 07 but back problems and the weight issues forced me to sell my Harley V-Rod

I too have back problems (not helped by the weight) but I find sitting up on my bike is better on my back than sitting in my car.

i passed my cbt on monday and am now riding round on my cygnus 125 its wonderful bit nervous at first still get butterflies going round corners :eek: but i suppose that will go with time

A big congrats on passing your test peanuts, take your time and don't rush things and with each ride you'll feel more confident.

A big nod to all the other riders out there.

We used to have a Bandit 1200 but gave it to a friend when we moved to the states.... We have a Harley 92' FRXS in Ireland that has been in the shop for the last 18 months having a full custom job...this is going to be shipped to MIL's in the UK and kept there for us when we go back... it would never pass inspection to bring it into the States... here we have a Harley Classic...(Pic in my signature).

We have done several rallies in the UK and Ireland and this Oct we are taking a road trip to Florida for bikefest week... 3 days to get there....5 days staying with friends who live there and 3 days back....in Feb and next Oct we are doing a road trip to Vegas...travelling on a bike in the States is much nicer than it was in Ireland ( the weather is better for one thing..LOL), the classic seat is much bigger than the one was on the FXRS - with the custom job we have had queen seats put on...but the classic is a class touring bike.

I had never been on the back of a bike till I started going out with my (now) hubby in 2000, first time out he took me on a "short run" 50 miles to his brothers ..just to see if I would like it.....the next week there was a bike show in the Excel Centre London and I dragged him there kicking and screaming with credit card in hand to get my own helmet and gear....guess you could say I liked it...LOLOLO

I drive a Yahama R1, went to go for a blast today and battery was dead! It's all sorted now, going for a spin tomorrow with some mates, can't wait, it's been far too long since I've been out :mad:

My hubby is a biker, he has a Harley Sportster, I used to ride pillion but not done for a long while now, since having kids really
I still go along to the Shires show with the kids which can be good fun and they always enjoy themselves! :D

not a lover of bikes

Don't like motor bikes :( Due to personal experience. My husband had a Aprillia RSV and had his first accident on Dec 2nd 2008. Broke his leg in two places, knee and ankle. The accident was not anyones fault, his back wheel skidded when he came to a junction. When he fell the bike landed on his leg. He had to have a metal X-Fixture and a bone graft and take 8 months off work due to it.

He returned to work in Aug 2009. That same year, xmas eve he had another accident, this time it was someones fault, some idiot cut him up :mad:. He broke the same leg!! He had to have another bone graft, metal plate fitted & was off work for another 8 months and then was made redundant.

To this day he still suffers with pain. We think he may have the onset of arthritis and he will need his knee replaced by the time he is about 50 if not before.

It has affected our lifes in so many ways for the past 3 years:cry:

I ride a Honda Fireblade CBR 929RR
Wouldn't give up my bike for anything

I think I was born a biker as I carry the scars of crashing my trike when I was 2, crashing my moped when I was 14 and my bike when I was 17. I´m now back to wanting a trike.... :eek:

resurrecting this.... have fazer 'thou and xjr400. am a motorcycle instructor and run my own school...

and new season racing started!!! :character00201:

Been away for a while, now back to try and lose some more weight. Since I last posted I have now bought a Bandit 600 but still have my Virago 750. I find the Bandit to be more suitable to camping trips and the luggage carrying that goes with it.

Yep. CBT-er on a 125 here. :wave_cry:

Yep.Heres mine :D

Attachments

• 2013_08_25_bikepics-2591316-800.jpg
    2013_08_25_bikepics-2591316-800.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 68
Back