Any difference?

Hello,

I was just wondering, do yo think there is any difference in doing WW by class, online or at home by yourself with old books?

Do you think you can lose just as much by yourself?xx

Well let's put it this way. I've lost nearly 5 stone since Christmas doing it at home by myself. A friend of my Mum went, lost two stone and then regained that two stone and she's been going for over a year.

It's about willpower and whether you have the motivation to do it without the group support of a class or whether you need that support. You'll probably know yourself whether you'll have the motivation to do it by yourself.

i agree with the above,its about willpower, i joined the class because after trying for a year on my own i couldnt do it and i'm hoping joining the class will give me the willpower i need,i feel ready to lose weight now. x

I lost 9 stone in a year when I did it myself ;)

hi there I am always 'going it alone' on WW and I am finding it easy to do as I am very motivated to lose the weight and have a lot of willpower this time around! I find it helps if you have a goal to aim for - not just weight wise but something like a big event or a holiday that you want to look your best for!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

I've gone to classes in the past. I think a lot depends on the leader, some classes I've been to they have been really supportive, with others it has felt like they just want to get you weighed and on to the next person. For me, when I've gone to a class the whole fact of being weighed in front of someone has made me stick to the plan! This time because money is tight at the moment, I'm going it alone. I think as many have said it's about willpower. I'm hoping by joining MiniMins, this will give me the motivation and support I need.

Oh, and I forgot to say, it's so inspiring reading about people's weight losses on here and so many have achieved it themselves without going to classes.

I have tried all three. I have to say that the only time I've lost a significant amount (2 stone) was while I was going to a meeting. However over the past couple of years I have joined, not done great and decided to go it alone because I begrudged paying to be told I was still the same/put on, and still not lost much, if anything. So it is all down to personal motivation for me - going to a meeting does not necessarily provide me with that.

Having said that, despite switching constantly between meeting/no meeting/online/changing to SW/ back to WW, I may not have lost a great deal but neither have I put on, I do manage to hover around the same weight.

At the moment I am feeling motivated. Okay, I've not been any great shakes in the actual losing department so far, but for the first time in two years I have not quit my meeting yet.

Back