Any ex-slimming worlders?

I've decided today to buy some ready meals to give me a start! Started today with them and I seem to have eaten loads lol

Another one here *waves*

Lost 3 stone on SW over about 9 months and then put one and a bit on over the next 9 months. As others have said, I found the lack of portion control scary, I would eat free foods until they came out of my ears (almost literally), sometimes half a dozen muller lights a day, and lots of fruit.

I'm hoping WW will help me address my lack of portion control, it's only been five days so far (first WI on Thursday) but it seems good. Shopping and eating has definitely been much easier - it seems to fit in with my lifestyle more!

Well I went to a class and loved it! Thinking of doing it every week, buying the month pass though should uni conflict too much I'll do online instead. I'm really giving this ago - weighing my portions etc! And planned my meals today and realised it was similar to what I would have on SW only I understood the portion control more and didn't feel deprived!

Amen to being fed up of passate and tinned tomatoes Eurgh and savoury rice and to hell with muller lights! I would rather have less of "normal" food but in moderation than lots and lots of food I can't stand anymore. Hope my first weigh in reflects my commitment and enthusiasm. Need to lose 8lbs for my first 5% target. Xxx

Hi everyone,

This threads a couple of week old I know, but I wondered how you're getting on bugsbunny?

I've been on Sw since last feb and lost just over 2 stone. Feel I'm stuck in a rut and considering jumping ship?!

All the counting and weighing has always put me off though?

Thanks in advance x

Hey Mrs S,

I can honesty say I love weightwatchers :) yes the weighing is sometimes a hassle BUT I tend to plan ahead so I have sealed sandwich bags of 30g cereal and a pot of the 1/2pt milk I have in the mornings :) and it's nice to be able to have a ready meal knowing exactly how many points it is!

I lost 4.5lb in my 1st week, and 0.5lb this week... Hoping for about 2lb next week! On the plus side I haven't felt like I'm starving myself or that I'm depriving myself!

If weighing and pointing isn't your thing then check out weightwatchers Simply Filling diet. I don't know much about it I think u don't have daily points instead u eat foods they deem "filling and healthy" but have 49pp for the week for other things. Check it out as I heard its more like SW.

Good luck!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i have always been a sw girl and have done well on it in the past but prob is i know it with my eyes closed so i don't try. i'm finding this hard i'm hungry alot but its what i need.

Was sw now ww...diff plans gor diff lifestyles, before wanted unlimited foods cooking as a veg on green, worked, lost 3.5 stone. Then dad died, suddenly, horribly of terminal cancer, within a day, he never knew, we never say goodbye...i then lost control of portions, put weight back on...NOW ww to me is down to needing convenience, learning how to eat like a normal person, instead of a glutton...early days but its refreshingly new...hope dads looking down on me urging me on...good luck all*

Aw hi Linda!

I remember you from the Sw boards before Christmas!

Sorry to hear of your sad loss, I'm sure your dads very proud of you xx

Thanks all for your replies, am certainly going to mull it over!

Aw Linda, so sorry for your loss, its the same for me, lost my Dad too he never regained consciousness and i cuddled him as he passed, i wish he could have seen me. I went into self destruct mode and ate everything in sight and am just starting to feel strong enough to face the battle again. I know how you are feeling and im sure we'll get there. Take care. julie

So sorry for your loss Linda. I bet you are making your dad so proud though! Good luck to you xxx

I'm an ex sw I really enjoyed it as I hated the thought of counting as with sw I could pretend I wasn't on a diet, but I needed a change after losing 1.5 stone, I STS for a lonnnnng time and it got very frustrating so I started ww in November I've lost 5lbs so far yes this is very slow but that me I am a slow loser but I am on my last 9lbs so it is harder.

I think ww is more flexible with life as with sw you have to cook all the time and I dot have the time some days so I am enjoying it.

Heartfelt thanks to all and also im truly sorry for ur losses*... the pain really is very deep... :'(

Im an ex SW too. I too needed to learn about portion control. Last time I did SW, I only lost about 5lbs in 8 weeks, I dont think I can handle the massive portion sizes, I would pile high pasta and potatoes and as some others have said frickin mullerlites lol. WW really does give you more freedom in what you eat though I must say i have been hungrier though Im trying to up my fruit intake, Im sure my body will get used to not having the endless supply of biscuits, crisps etc. Im now in my second week, first WI 5 & half lbs gone xx

Hi

Hope this would be in the right place.
Basically ive been on and off slimming world for what seems like forever. It has worked for me in the past but I am having a lull right now and am wondering if a different plan would help.

Has anyone here gone from SW to WW? How did you find the change and did it work for you/and why?

To be honest I know little about WW and will not be paying for it as I have little money so will be relying on this site for information. Is it easy to follow like SW? Xx

Hi -I only just found this site!

I'm an ex SW'er. I lost 5.5 stone on SW back in 2000 and have been on and off it ever since.

Finally last year I decided to give WW a try using the online ap (cheaper than classes) and have lost just under 5 stone since 1 July 2011.

I find it much easier to follow now I have a family to feed as well.

ive never been on SW but my cousin is and she says that you can eat certain things on certain days (red days or green days) but WW is different, you can eat what you like (even if its munching on a take away) so long as you count it. You have 29 daily pro points and 49 weekly pro points which you can dip into if you go over your dailies. To count pro points you can download the weight watchers app on android (not sure if its on i tunes) and just fill in the protein, fat, carb and fibre content in the food to work out your points. It seems quite long but it isnt, and just jot down everything you eat so you can see how many points you've consumed. You can also gain extra points when exercising (activity points) which will allow you to eat more but im not sure how to work out my activity points.

For recipe ideas you can look at peoples food diaries and recipe threads, its quite straight forward. You dont need to fork out on weight watchers products only ( i buy mine at poundland), you can buy any other frozen meal or snack but you need to count it. Most fruit and veg is all zero points like bananas, apples, pears, passion fruit, oranges, nectarines, tomatoes, courgettes etc but if you eat to much of it then you will have to point it. Also if you eat less points on one day you cant carry uneaten points on the next day, each day is only 29 pro points. The benefit of WW products is that it will tell you the points in the product so you wont have to work it out for yourself.

Snacks such as 1 crunchie bar is 5 pro points, skips and quavers are 2 points each, and curly wurly is 3 points of you want to snack (its the three i go for the most).

take care and Good luck :)

my food diary:
http://www.minimins.com/weight-watc...t-watchers-food-diary-2012-a.html#post4652470

if you need some advice then email me on [email protected]

Mini goal:
- To loose 7lbs by 18/2/12

I've just started week 3 of WW. I'm a lifelong SW'er but I need a change so I used the quidco offer and joined online. I'm finding it good because I'm having to think about it, whereas I can do SW with my eyes closed.
I was hungry for the first week but trying to stick to the filling and healthy foods as best as I can. I get 26pp a day so I do find I need to dip into my weeklies each day.

Smaller portions take some getting used to but I really like the flexibility of it all, and I'm loving having wraps and bagels!!!

i have swapped this week - just to see if a change does me good.

I've just started week 3 of WW. I'm a lifelong SW'er but I need a change so I used the quidco offer and joined online. I'm finding it good because I'm having to think about it, whereas I can do SW with my eyes closed.
I was hungry for the first week but trying to stick to the filling and healthy foods as best as I can. I get 26pp a day so I do find I need to dip into my weeklies each day.

Smaller portions take some getting used to but I really like the flexibility of it all, and I'm loving having wraps and bagels!!!

hi ellebear & jaylou i have seen u on the s/w thread :) i can't get to my s/w class due to babysitting duties so decided to try w/w as there is a group round the corner from where i live :rolleyes: first class tonight eeek i hate the first night always feel very concious lol. good luck xx

Back