Any horsey people out there?!

Nay.

Bum as big as my Horse's!
I have a gorgeous 17.1hh Dutch Warmblood, chestnut called Lukey. I've had him 2 years this March. I gave up riding him before xmas as I felt that I had put on so much weight, it wasnt fair for him to lug me around. He became my giant dog and I was walking him out in hand. But Tuesday this week I felt good enough to ride him again and it was fab! He was so good bless him! Would love to hear of any fellow horse mad people out there!! :D

Hi fellow Devonian!! I used to ride when I was a lot younger and loved it but sadly at 16 I decided that shopping with my friends in town on a Saturday was much 'cooler' than riding! It's a decision I've regretted for such a long time - I did ride out a couple of times in my early 20s but came off and hurt my back - nothing major but couldn't actually get back on at the time and haven't been out since - no fear of doing so though! At the moment, whilst I know I could find a horse to carry my weight, it just doesn't seem fair, so one aim when I'm at target, or even lost a stone will be to get back in the saddle! You are so very lucky to have a horse - I will one day!
Wait for FillyMum to see your thread - she'll be in her element!

Photos of your gorgeous horse please!!!

xxxx

Hello!! I would love to post pics and show him off! How do I do it?!!! xx

Oooooo now there's a question! Firstly, I'm not sure if you have to have a posted a certain amount of times to be able to add photos? Anyway, if you go into your User CP you should be able to see Photo Gallery and upload photos from there xxx

Lets try this.....
IMG_2742.jpg

Yay it worked!! By the way, I was just about to do my dressage test, so got a weird nervous smile going on haha!!

Fabulous photo! Very jealous! xxx

Hi fellow Devonian!! I used to ride when I was a lot younger and loved it but sadly at 16 I decided that shopping with my friends in town on a Saturday was much 'cooler' than riding! It's a decision I've regretted for such a long time - I did ride out a couple of times in my early 20s but came off and hurt my back - nothing major but couldn't actually get back on at the time and haven't been out since - no fear of doing so though! At the moment, whilst I know I could find a horse to carry my weight, it just doesn't seem fair, so one aim when I'm at target, or even lost a stone will be to get back in the saddle! You are so very lucky to have a horse - I will one day!
Wait for FillyMum to see your thread - she'll be in her element!

Photos of your gorgeous horse please!!!

xxxx

Well here I am. and yes loving this thread.

We still own 32 of the monsters but only have 2 at home now, 2 old ladies . One 34 and the other 26 years old,.

Our wonderful stallion nefydd Buccaneer has been Champion of Spain 6 times. This year his bro is champion of Spain...........that is in dressage.

This is Bucky...........

nefyddbuccaneer.jpg

We love all things equestrian.

Your big boy looks fantastic and in such good condition.

I looked at your stats and your weight should not bother a big boy like him.

He is lovely.

Yey!!! I too love horsey threads :) I miss my old boy, we had him PTS in august, and I had to sell my mare 3 years ago! I have managed to track her down and still go and see her every few months! I would love another one day-time and money permitting xx

Well here I am. and yes loving this thread.

We still own 32 of the monsters but only have 2 at home now, 2 old ladies . One 34 and the other 26 years old,.

Our wonderful stallion nefydd Buccaneer has been Champion of Spain 6 times. This year his bro is champion of Spain...........that is in dressage.

This is Bucky...........

nefyddbuccaneer.jpg

We love all things equestrian.

Your big boy looks fantastic and in such good condition.

I looked at your stats and your weight should not bother a big boy like him.

He is lovely.

Hiya! Your Bucky is stunning!

Thankyou for your kind words, my boy never seems bothered about me being a bit over weight! It's just all in my head I think. The photo was taken last summer just after his 19th Birthday, can't believe he is 20 this year, but he still acts like a 5 year old! He doesn't look like an older horse, the only thing that gives it away are his teeth, but not many people get to see them! Jumping was our thing mostly but this year I've decided to retire him from that as he has arthritis in his hock now. I may take him in the veteran class at a couple of local shows this year, but the rest of the time, we will be happy hackers now and just enjoying time together having fun! xx

Yey!!! I too love horsey threads :) I miss my old boy, we had him PTS in august, and I had to sell my mare 3 years ago! I have managed to track her down and still go and see her every few months! I would love another one day-time and money permitting xx

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your boy. But how lovely you still get to see your mare. They certainly eat your bank account and social life! I've been around horses since I was 2 years old and wouldn't have it any other way. My parents always thought once I hit my teens I would drop horses in favour of nights out and lads but nope! Wasn't to be! Hopefully you will be in the position to have another horsey someday soon. :D

Back