Any Inspiration would be greatly received!

NooNoo1966

Hi all

I was a serial LL dieter at which I was quiet successful, the most I lost was approx 3 stone down to a 16/18 but of course I put it all back on as I didn't do maintenance...

I read about Cambridge diet in a mag last year and to my surprise saw it was cheaper, managed to lose 2 stone-ish but alas it crept on again when I stopped the diet and here I am again!!

I have been seeing a new Counsellor since April who is great and I lost about a 20 lbs before the kids broke up, managed to only but on 2 lbs during the 6 weeks hols which is an a miracle for me. I have dabbled between sole source and low carb at weekends as they are a nightmare as we all know!

Since I returned last week I have been continually been thinking about food, keep picking and can't seem to be able to stop! I am about 2 1/2 stone away from where I want to be so its not far away but I have yo yo'd in the last 3 stone for ages and I am getting well cheesed off so any inspiration would be greatly received! I have tried every diet under the sun and I do like a diet that takes the food out of the equation so I can hopefully once and for all recognise my triggers and start knitting or something!!:character00148: I could moan on and on!!!!

I've just posted about this on another thread .... so excuse me copying and pasting!!

Any VLCD like Cambridge is more in the head than anything else .... so if your head is not in the right place it won't work as well. That said dependant on what you'd normally eat, it may limit the damage.

As to how many times I've fallen - OMG I have given up counting!! My first time round I lost 4stone in 4months - motorway, never stopped for anything. Maintained nicely for 6months or so, then had a disasterous time with family problems and went back to comfort eating. Have tried many times to get back on wagon ... and do reasonably well - then slip. At the moment I feel strong - and hopefully can stay focused and lose it ... but if not I'll keep on trying. It is the scenic route this time - with stops to admire the scenery ... but the point is to get back in the car after the stop and resume the journey. I do believe I'll get there eventually.

If you are going to have a gap - then try doing 790plan meals or Atkins style where you eat plenty of protein, fish/chicken and salad or veg. Then you may feel ready to SS again and if you haven't added loads of carbs to your body you'll find it easier.
Good luck.

Thanks for your words of inspiration!! I really want to get a result by Christmas but know I must really knuckle down between now and the end of November before the xmas parties start kicking off.. I have weekly weigh ins on Tuesdays which help me keep it controlled over the weekend altho I do have the old tandoori mixed grill or nandos chicken!! This fri have a do in London at the Grosvenor Hotel with hubbies work so am dreading the temptation of free drinks but will try and stay away from the bar!

Back