Any middle-aged Lighter Lifers out there?!

soph4496

:eek:;)
Looking for support from other mature L.L's.
This is my second attempt at losing weight this way-My first attempt worked well and I lost 4 stone, unfortunately, I went back to my old eating habits and now need to lose more than 4 st.
Am wondering if anyone can buddy up with me to share highs and lows? I am starting tonight!

Hiya, I'm Janey and I am a mature LL [55+],I too have been successful on LL then BANG!!!! I've shot myself in the foot and am back where I started,[ had a 2nd attempt at the wrong time emotionally for me].
Go to get my packs in morning so tomorrow will be day 1 for me, would be really great to be buddies on our journey.
Good luck on your start tonight.
Janey x

Hi Jaynie
My name is Marie and I am 53.
I live in Warrington, Cheshire.
I will be glad to be your buddy. I am actually starting my lighter life tomorrow.
Had to have my last supper tonight!

Hi Marie,
Just had my 1st shake and bottle of water, so on my way,no matter how well I feel I have prepared myself to go back on LL making my shake made me feel so down and sad, however am trying to focus on what will be achieved and how I will feel then as I know I cannot continue on the destructive road I have trodden for last few months!!!!
What about you Marie? how have you got on this morning?
Have a good day.
Janey. x

Hi Janey

Good to hear from you!
Well, Quite hungry this morning, so I wasnt sure whether to try the porridge or just a shake, so I went for the strawberry shake, mixed with ice cubes and it was quite nice actually. Must admit, I am half excited and half afraid. I have been eating a lot of rubbish lately and a lot of sugar so I know its gonna be hard to stop now, I am expecting loads of bad headaches in the next few days. Just keep in mind all the weight you and I will lose in the first week! I am trying to think what else to do to make sure I do not go back to my old ways afterwards and I think the most important thing will be management, which I didnt do before, unfortunately.
I like that bar you have at the bottom of your replies, you know the weight bmi one? How do you get that up?
Your bmi is lower than mine, mine was 39.4!
I reckon I have about 6 stone to lose...OMG!
XXX

Like you, I didn't do management, which I think is the key to maintaining. Also been a sugar junkie so not looking forward to next few days, I am focusing on getting to the stage in 4/5 days where hunger has gone and am starting to lose weight!
Think you have to get to 40 posts before you can access the signature bars, maybe someone else will be able to help with more info on this.
Ideally would like to lose 4 1/2st which would take off the weight put on plus an extra 10lbs or so.
Off to do some housework to keep me out of kitchen!!!
xx

Hi Janey

How have you been today?
I have found today quite hard as I have been very hungry. I have just had a porridge and I was surprised how nice it was! I will have a shake before bed. Been out and bought my sparkling water to mix with LL powdered drink and that helps will also have a black coffee in a minute.
I have had the most horrendous headache all day, that must be the sugar withdrawal!
Hope you have felt less hungry than I have today....

Well I think Marie that we have had a very similar day, keep telling myself that the hunger is all in my mind but it aint working!!!
The porridge is lovely isn't it, I thought quite like ambrosia rice[or maybe that was wishful thinking]
Good Luck for tomorrow.
xx

Morning Janey,

Its a good job I am off work for the rest of this week, cos I feel like death warmed up this morning! I still have a headache, but not as bad as yesterday and I feel a little sick today.
How are you today? Are you having any problems?
What is your favourite shake?
I hope you are feeling better than I am......

xxxx

Hi Marie,
Ah you poor soul, never mind just concentrate on getting through next couple of days! Not feeling too rough yet but seem to remember it was day 3 & 4 that were killers for me!!!!!!

I seem to have been constantly up and down the stairs to bathroom this morning had forgotten what it's like when you suddenly start drinking water[ugh, hate it,]

Favourite shake, em, probably Thai Chilli and porridge, banana & strawberry quite like, chocolate ones I use as a hot drink [ I half it and have it with a spoonful of coffee morning and supper time]

Hope your feeling a bit better as day goes on, just keep thinking of the morning you'll wake up with that incredibly good feeling and you'll know your in ketosis,things can only get better from that moment eh!!
xx

Hi Janey

I quite like strawberry and banana too.
I think thats a really good idea to mix the choc with coffee....I will try that. I know what you mean about the bathroom bit!
Have had a banana shake for breakfast this a.m. and then was starving at 12ish so i had a strawberry shake, but am starving again now and its only 2pm so I will have a broth and hope that staves off the hunger pangs for a while longer. I keep drinking the berry mix and thats helping a little. The only way I can drink plain water is mixed with ice cubes.
Keep your chin up and speak tomorrow!
xxxx

Hi,
Not had a good day today, hence my silence, too embarrassed to show face!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donot know where my resolve went have been plodding on ok then felt really hungry lunchtime ,knew water would help but completely lost the plot and walked straight to fridge.

Have given myself a good talking to and know I can turn this around again and resume my abstinance tomorrow.

How have you been today Marie, are you feeling better than yesterday?
Will talk tomorrow.
xx

Hi Janey,
Sorry to hear you had a bad day.
I dont think anyone realises how hard Lighter Life is. People are amazed that Lighter life consists of shakes and bars only and cant believe how I do it. I have had a hungry day today, in fact, like you at lunchtime, I felt like I could chew my hand off! So I cheated, and had a L.L. cranberry bar! As you know, I aint supposed to have a bar until after the 4th day, not the third! I am sorry, but it was either that or the fridge!
I have been much hungrier this time around, I am finding it harder. Went shopping today for food and it nearly killed me. I was starving....
What is scary is the thought that food has this much power over me.. while asleep all I am doing is dreaming that I am eating!
You can do it. Both me and you are gonna be slimmer for xmas. Just keep that in mind.
Thinking of you
xxx:wave_cry:
Marie

Oh thanks Marie, you've made me feel better that you were feeling similar, didn't really eat a great lot,[2 bits of chicken, apple] it is just the fact I allowed it to happen,scary as you say how food has such control over us, cannot wait to get to 1 week in where food doesn't matter.
Will try really hard to keep busy over the weekend and hope by Monday we're over that hill!!

Hoping you get through your weekend alright, will be thinking about you too.
xx

Evening Janey,
Hows today been?
I have been less hungry but a bit bored with not eating. I am finding the porridge and bars filling me up better than the shakes. Think Saturday night is hard without food!
Have felt a bit weak though and worried how work is gonna be on monday feeling like this.
Saying that I have lost 6lbs up to now so I will keep on track.
Marie
xxxx:)

Well what a difference a day makes,feel like I could conquer the world today!!!
Good to hear you are having a better day today too, wow 6lbs off thats terrific,I have kept away from scales as I did get a bit obssessive the last time!!

Know what you mean about weak feeling,I'm sure you'll feel better by Monday.

Hopefully the next couple of days will see us on a more even keel!!!
Have a nice day tomorrow.
xx

:rolleyes:Hallo Again,
How have you done today?
I havent been too bad today, cooked a full breakfast this morning. Looked gorgeous!
Funny really, I cant say I have missed chocolate at all. Its strange that as I ate choc every day.
I will buy some broth on tuesday from my counsellor as it does seem to help me when i get hungry.
I also will change my packs to mainly porridge as it fills me up more than the shakes.
Have you had a good day....cant believe we are nearly on day 6 already!
Marie
xxxx

:eek:;)
Looking for support from other mature L.L's.
This is my second attempt at losing weight this way-My first attempt worked well and I lost 4 stone, unfortunately, I went back to my old eating habits and now need to lose more than 4 st.
Am wondering if anyone can buddy up with me to share highs and lows? I am starting tonight!

Well, if I live to be a hundred, then I am a middle aged LLer!! :D

You will get loads of support here. :)

I lost 10 stone already. Then went into RTM a stone early as I was going on holiday, leaving my options open to lose it later, or live with it as I was quite happy where I was.

I've enjoyed the last 10 months post-RTM maintaining, minus the odd up or down a few pounds, and I am just starting abstinence again today to go after that last stone after all.

Its great to be back - we can all do this - just put your head to it, stick to the rules, and you will rock it! :D

X

:rolleyes:Hallo Again,
How have you done today?
I havent been too bad today, cooked a full breakfast this morning. Looked gorgeous!
Funny really, I cant say I have missed chocolate at all. Its strange that as I ate choc every day.
I will buy some broth on tuesday from my counsellor as it does seem to help me when i get hungry.
I also will change my packs to mainly porridge as it fills me up more than the shakes.
Have you had a good day....cant believe we are nearly on day 6 already!
Marie
xxxx

Hiya - check first about the porridge - I seem to think you are allowed just one a day because its a higher carb content or something?? I am not sure, and could be wrong. but just make sure. :)

Back