Any October starters?????

Well done SL!!

Kat xx

well here we go again, another week gone (boy they are coming round so fast). Lost 6 Ibs in my weigh in this week.

I had to do a carolling gig last night in front of about 130 people and so many people noticed that i had lost weight, and of course the all wanted to know how i did it. I should be a LL councellor, i would make a fortune at the moment.

Anyway a new week begins and lots more lovely Chilli.

My Personal Record of my Weight Loss.

End of Week 1 = 23 Ibs lost
Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 7 = 5 Ibs lost
Week 8 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 9 = 6 Ibs lost

Total = 5st & 13 Ibs lost

Ralph - another fabulous loss for you this week - well done sir!

1lb off for me this week but I am more than delighted as I had a much planned for night away with my girlfriends for my 40th on Saturday night. I did 'partake' but I thought about what I would eat and drink beforehand and stuck to it. :)

Another week has raced by! Chuffed to bits - 5lbs off this week :D (see the September thread for a full update)

SL
x

Not a good week for me. For the first time i have really struggled. And it is all down to the fact that i had a week of lots of changes of routine, snow did not help, kids finish school and i could not do what i usually did, and unfortunately to compensate this i had lots of Slim Fast bars to help me. Unfortunately i only lost 1Ib. However i had some one to one time with my counsellor which really helped and so far into this new week i am doing fine and sticking to the diet no problems.

Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 7 = 5 Ibs lost
Week 8 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 9 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 10 = 1 Ib lost

Total = 6st lost

Just trying to see who is still around of the October starters? Call Here when I shout your name:
sarah-louise?
hayleyw?
scottishlass? - here!
pete?- I know he has stopped for the time being, hope to see you back soon my dear x
randomgurl?
sunshine1?- know that she popped over to do CD - how are you getting on hun?
preeti77?
jamie77?
dropsofjupiter?
indiepixie?
wessa?
tracy13?
goonergirl?
lumpy?
serenityvalley?
melissa1984?
goombagirl?
cremeegg?
captainralph?
blueeyes?
km1810?

Hopefully you are all just busy with the madness that decends this time of year.
SL
x

Hi all, just popped in to say merry christmas to everyone.

Still doing CD which is going well and helping with the finances. It is still coming off. Slower than total abstinence but i am in no rush. Not planning the wedding till 2011 so should be slimish by then:D

You are all doing brilliant. Keep up the good work.

I hang my head in shame, I have disgraced myself. Unfortunately food just got the better of me over christmas and New Year. I had to work on Christmas day and cook 110 meals for the elderly and lonely and i just gave in to temptation. And then that day rolled into the next and then the next - you know the story.

So i definately have not had a good couple of weeks which does reflect in my weekly progress below.

However, i am back now. I went to weigh in last Friday and although i have put on a stone i am strong again and fully back on the diet.

BUT, one thing that really worries me about the whole of the last 3 months is that my attitude to food has not changed. I will try and explain. I thought that doing LL and with my sessions with the councellor that my whole attitude towards food would have changed considerably and that i would not want to have pigged out at the drop of a hat, and yet in the last two weeks i did and it was like being right back at the beginning again. And that frightens me ALOT.

As i said i am back on the diet now, but what is stopping me feeling exactly the same again when i do finish the diet completely and go on to management. Perhaps i am just to weaker character.

I kinda ask myself if it is really worth it, knowing that i am still going to be of the same attitude when i finish the diet and put it all back on again.

On sorry to bore people, just my ramblings, but i would like to hear from others who have been through it. Did your thoughts and attitude of food change eventually?

Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 7 = 5 Ibs lost
Week 8 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 9 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 10 = 1 Ib lost
Week 11 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 12 = 1st put on :cry:

Total = 5st & 8 Ibs lost

Hi captainralph2003

hope you don't mind me coming into this thread, i finished LL feb 2009, and did RTM, i probably lost abit too much weight, and gained 9lbs which i was comfortable with, but gradually another 2 stone crept on, like you i thought all the CBT i had would help with my attitude with food, it did help to some degree, but then i would go off the wagon & would keep going back to LL i would lose a few pounds and then gain a few lb (abit like a LL yoyo dieter !!) , i think for me controlling my weight will always be a battle, but i will never give up, at the moment i'm doing the 'Exante' diet same as LL but cheaper and no councellor, I have at times struggled but in these times it has also made me determind to get my habits under control. I have searched the forum for inspiration and searched how others have coped when they have started eating, and it appears planning, exercise, low carbs are the key !! so i've started planning how i'm going to keep this weight off when i finish the shakes researching food contents proteins, carbs, fats etc., and compiling a list, like i said it will always be a battle for me but i really don't want to put the weight back on, hope this info is of some use, sorry if i rambled on xx.

Hi Ralph

Don't hang your head in shame and don't beat yourself up.
Look on what happened over Christmas as a warning. It helps make us all realise we can't get complacent.
You will have read and I have realised that losing the weight is the easy bit.
Re-introducing food is scary and them maintaining is the MOST difficult part.
We have to unlearn habits with food and the comfort it brings that we have developed over our whole life.
That's a tall order, especially when your job involves being with food all the time (maybe it's not surprising how many of us on here are involved with food in one way or another).
For me -I go to maintainers LL group every week if I possibly can.
I use it to keep on track.
I look on it like learning to play the piano - I've learnt the basics, I need to practice to get better and keep it going and become good at it.
If I stop I'll lose it.
I also find things every day that remind me of the fantastic changes to my health and my life in general.
As soon as I start to feel complacent something happens.
e.g. the snow:
Before,
I couldn't have worn wellies - they wouldn't go up my legs.
I used to drive everywhere. I couldn't have walked to the bus.
I never wore jeans. I didn't have any.
If I had worn lots of layers I would have been even more like a Michelin man.
I would have been breathless, hot, puffy, red, embarrassed, terrified of falling over and worried I wouldn't be able to get up if I did fall, and no-one would have helped me either!
That's my reminder for to-day.
Thanks to you I have put it in writing.
I know it'll help me stay focused. I hope it might help you a bit too.
Well done for coming back.
If it's important enough to you I know you will keep it up.
Good luck.

OMG OMG OMG OMG
I have just got back from my Weigh In. And i have lost a woping 22 Ibs, yes you read that correctly 22 Ibs, i was completly gob smacked.
What a week, and yet i have done nothing different apart from sticking to the diet.
Amazing, look forward to next week.

Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 7 = 5 Ibs lost
Week 8 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 9 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 10 = 1 Ib lost
Week 11 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 12 = 14 Ibs put on :cry:
Week 13 = 22 Ibs lost

Total = 7st & 2 Ibs lost

Last edited:
WOW

How amazing! What a boost!
IN - CREDIBLE.
Well done.

Hi Ralph

That is great news!!! They always say - recently gained, easily lost...its the waiting to get back on track that slows it down for many....so fantastic result. That surely puts your head back in a better place.

SB hit the nail on the head. CBT is not a magic wand....its a tool. It is something we have to put into practical use, consciously; We don;t just change and become different people. It takes practice, and a lot of effort unlearning bad habits, and learning to replace them with new ones.

THere will be slip ups, and triumphs both. ANd it takes time. A lifetime of bad habits does not go over night. I had a great year maintaining, and then a few bad habits slipped my up - even after a year! So I realised, I got a bit complacent, and stopped practising.

We have to make a conscious effort to do what we are taught. Manybe one day it will become second nature - thugh I kind of doubt it. I think I will always have to be uber conscious. And that is kind of a bummer, but hey, it is the price I must pay for abusing mybody for over 25 years.

It is good to be a bit fearful, keeps ya on your toes. And you now know how easy you can blindly fall back into habits - so you will be aware of that when you complete RTM and get on with real life.

One day at a time. One habit at a time. One pound at a time.

Good luck!

Are there any October 2009 starters left or am i the only one left. I know i had a lot to lose, but there were loads of us at the beginning. I would love to hear from you again.

Hey Ralph, I was wondering how you are getting on - after the 22lbs.
How goes it ?

Back