Any october starters??

Hey xmas dinner or not??? im not really sure at min tbh! i may have a little and then get straight back on it on boxing day or just be good! Depends how ive done up to there i think! Not saying yes or no! although everyone keeps saying you cant not eat on xmas lol!!!
Well done everyone on further loses and welcome to the newbies!

Hello everyone :)

I have my first weigh in tonight, im excited but i hope i have lost some weight.
this week has been a real struggle but has made me realise i do have issues with food, i cant wait to have a bar, i wonder if i remember how to chew??
anyway, i really could not have got through this week without all the support from my lighter life chummies, your all fab, thankyou!!!! xx
Iv investigated the christmas dinner thing and as long as you dont have more than 20 grammes of carbohydrate you wont come out of ketosis, im planning to have a little christmas dinner and for now its keeping me going, mmmm christmas dinner!! lol
Il post my results on later
xxx

Well I have decided that I'm not going to have Christmas dinner, I'm going to stick to the program 100%. I don't want to have to come out of Ketosis. I just feel if I have have Chrismtas dinner, ill have some wine and a bit of pudding then a couple of sweets out of the celebration tin. Ill should be half way towards my goal by then and the last thing I want is put on. I feel christmas means so much more than food so I'm sticking with it. What about everyone else?

This is fantastic - brilliant attitude to LL. What is one Christmas dinner missed for a lifetime of slimness?? I am following in your footsteps - thank you!! :D:D:D:D

This is fantastic - brilliant attitude to LL. What is one Christmas dinner missed for a lifetime of slimness?? I am following in your footsteps - thank you!! :D:D:D:D

I'm glad I have inspired you. I just think when I go to bed on christmas night will it really make much difference having ate the blooming turkey or not and I believe it wont make a difference. Ill still be going to the same bed at night, still happy and full of the christmas spirit! I can understand why some people want to have some christmas dinner, everyone is different and it can be important to some people. Its just not a BIG deal to me, losing weight is THE BIG DEAL for me so that's what made me decide.

Hope everyone is getting on fine this week and good luck to everyone with their WI tonight don't forget to update the table!!

just went to my first lighter life CBT and weigh in evening, it was really nice, i felt a bit 'flat' when i got home, but i think i have sorted the problem out now, i have alot of reading to do, as i have started in the 2nd week and have things to look at. :)

Lots and lots of luck for your journey. Ketosis should kick in on day 3ish and you will stop feeling hungry - make it through to this and it really does get easier here on out - keep strong! This forum is brilliant for inspiration and encouragement. I am only on day 2 but 3rd time round and I've never used a web site before and I really wish I'd known about this years ago!!

Hello :)
i just got back from my meeting and i lost 10 lb, im really happy.
we also discussed the christmas dinner issue with our counsellor and she explained it will be like giving a thimbleful of alcohol to an alcoholic, you wont be able to stop at that. thats a good enough reason for me not to have it.
hope you are all ok
xx

Fantastic - well done! That's amazing weight loss in 1 week!! It sounds as though your counsellor knows what she's talking about, abstinence is 24/7 at this stage!

Hey everyone and a big welcome to all the newcomers! I have my second weigh-in tonight but I'm a bit nervous, Monday I was in alot of pain so I had some very strong painkillers and some anti-inflamatories, but they killed my stomagh as there was no food in there, so I ate some protein and a choccie mousse dessert thing (felt sorry for myself I guess after feeling like I had to eat!). But I've been grand ever since and still feel good about being on LL. I just hope I havn't done too much damage!
I'm hoping to be at target just about Christmas Day time, but I'm thinking I might not eat the dinner even if I am at target, as I too Emzski think it wouldn't just be a meal, I'd end up drunk and problably stuffed with junk lol! I'll see how I'm getting on though and how I feel then.
Good luck everyone!x

Hi Pumkin,

Im glad your feeling still feeling positive about LL I am sure your little slip was just that and hopefully wont affect your weigh in tonight. Good luck let us know how you get on.

How did all you Tuesday night people get on with your weigh ins?

Ive just update our table with your weight loss twiglet hope its right!

Name....Week...........Loss..........Total Loss
Emzski......3.............3lbs.........13.5lbs..
Lana.........2..............2lbs...........10lbs
Sb2b.........1..............13lbs.........13lbs
malteaser...1...............8lbs...........8lbs...
Nina08.......1..............4.5lbs.........4.5lbs
Pumpkin....1............10lbs...........10lbs..
Minime......1.............11lbs............11lbs
Twiglet......1..............10lbs............10lbs

hi everyone. I had my 2nd weigh in last night and lost 6 lbs, which means I have lost a stone in 2 weeks!! Also well done to Twiglet and SB2B.

Congratulations Malteaser, well done. I bet you can feel it in your clothes already?

hi all, well done everyone, i have my third week weigh in tonight, have lost 16lbs so far so looking forward to seeing whats happened this week. going away next week so think this will be harder.

Hi Everyone,

Had my first weigh-in last night and lost 4.4 pounds.
I'm not elated or let down, I just wish this not eating bit was over and done with - and I'm only on day 6!!
I'm not hungry, I just miss food, the texture, the taste, the variety!
I suppose this is why I'm doing the diet - I was eating not because I was hungry, I was eating for the sake of eating.

I don't know if this was brought on by the induction of the bars (we can have those now) or not but today feels like the lowest day so far. I was so pleased with myself in the first few days thinking it wasn't THAT hard...

Any tips on keeping your mind occupied??

Hi Angie, congratulations on your loss, stay strong and you will be so pleased with yourself. I find this forum helps me keep my mind occupied, in fact I've spent loads of time on here today and was 2 hours late having my lunchtime shake!!!
What are your hobbies?

Hello - I'm a newbie going to my first class tomorrow night (have doctors signed letter firmly in my bag!) and really excited about starting properly on Friday.

Feel as though starting at the end of the month after reading all your inspiring messages to each other and seeing how brilliantly you are all doing - it's amazing - good luck to each of you as it's such a big step to take when food is so comforting, but it seems to fall into place for everyone when the lbs fall off and they have to go out and buy new clothes, etc - I'm so looking forward to that experience!

I've even called myself "skinnydebs" to give me inspiration because, believe me, I've never been called skinny in my life!

Hi All!!

I think twiglet and malteser are getting more addicted to this site than me...look at them coming straight on here after weigh in! HEHE
Well i lost 3lb last night was bit like 'oh' but just thinking of bigger picture 16lbs in 2 weeks is madness! plus i was naughty this week not eating but i mean skipping food packs n not drinking my water! TUT TUT!
Gd luck to everyone this week!

Name....Week...........Loss..........Total Loss
Emzski......3.............3lbs.........13.5lbs..
Lana.........2..............2lbs...........10lbs
Sb2b.........2..............3lbs.........16lbs
malteaser...1...............8lbs...........8lbs...
Nina08.......1..............4.5lbs.........4.5lbs
Pumpkin....1............10lbs...........10lbs..
Minime......1.............11lbs............11lbs
Twiglet......1..............10lbs............10lbs

thanks for all 'the thanks' everyone. SB2B is right Twiglet and I are on here more than she is, and she is the one who told us about it! My clothes (especially trs) are feeling loose after losing a stone, but don't really know how much I have to lose before I go down a dress size, currently 16 at bottom half and 14/16 up top.

weight.png

Last edited:
Back