Any october starters??

I thought that was really strange! I was convinced I'd be climbing the walls for chocolate/crisps/burgers and etc...but I'm not! I wan't REAL FOOD.
I'm thankful for that.

Eeep, I'm reading posts from LL restarters and RTMs and strugglers...

They're saying if this is your first time round the LL journey-STICK TO IT! And don't fall off, otherwise it's harder the second time around.

I've got it through my head that LL isn't going to be about just the weight loss. It needs to be (most importantly) how I see food, how I deal with life through food. Why I eat when I'm not hungry and how to stop that cycle. I'm wonder when our LLC will begin talking about it. Does anyone know?
Yay!! I got my tracker working!!

Hi, I'm a restarter and I would say exactly the same. Finish the programme and go to maintenance. It is harder the second time round but only because you know what to expect. And also I think memory fades as time goes by and you only remember the good bits. I stopped after three months because it was xmas. I vowed to eat only the turkey and vegetables. Did I? Nooooo! I threw a roast potato in and then I had some sweets and so it went on. I now find I have forgotten how to eat properly, especially as my family have flown the nest and its just me. I can't be bother to cook for myself and when I have guests I make luvverly naughty things anyway. The weight piles back on, so this time I have decided to go to maintenance. Either that, or I could go to WW just to be told what to eat, that might work. Anjiebobanji, how did you get your tracker to work because when I put the code in it comes up with unknown file (or something like that) its so annoying, as the tracker on the bottom of my signature is an old one and I would so like to change it.

Hey everyone! hope everyone is having gd couple of days! Hope ur ok Twiglet and had no more lapses!Malteaser hope ur cramps are better!
I just got home from brownies we had a haloween party(week early as kids half term next week) and there was soooo much lovely food....but i resisted i was a good girl lol! Well have gd weekend if i dnt get chance to come on!

i too have been having 'healthy cravings' so grateful its not for biscuits, chocolate, crisps. My craving that has lasted for 3 weeks now is a Tuna sandwich, how weird is that?! I could murder for one right now!, but sitting here drinking a shake instead - boring!

I just made a chocolate bar using the recipe thread! omg it was lush so nice to eat choc while watchin x factor had to share!!
Just mixed a choc pack up with lil bit of water (looks bit like poo) then just spreaded it on tin foil and put in freezer for 1 hour! really nice!

tired the choc bar, but must of done it wrong - it was gross! been naughty and had a piece of wafer thin ham, while giving the dog some! So drank loads of water after it and went for a walk with the dog!

i too have been having 'healthy cravings' so grateful its not for biscuits, chocolate, crisps. My craving that has lasted for 3 weeks now is a Tuna sandwich, how weird is that?! I could murder for one right now!, but sitting here drinking a shake instead - boring!

The first time I did LL I really craved tuna sandwiches - I think I wanted something that tasted "fresh" - if you know what I mean??!

Hi everyone,
How are you all doing? im really sad because i have to stop LL for a month due to finances and a broken washing machine :(
my friend gave me her food packs as when she did it she gave up on day two, so i have enough to last another week. but then i will have to survive a whole 3 weeks on my own!!! i dont want to come out of ketosis so not sure what to do. and advice?
xx

Hi Twiglet, I'm sorry that you've got to give up for a month - that is really tough!
Could you do Slim Fast or Tesco meal replacement shakes - that would be significantly cheaper. They are made with milk so you may come out of Ketosis for a few days but then probably go back in once your body realises it needs to get it's calories from your own reserves - I don't know about the health risk side though?

tired the choc bar, but must of done it wrong - it was gross! been naughty and had a piece of wafer thin ham, while giving the dog some! So drank loads of water after it and went for a walk with the dog!

Tut tut malteaser! u and twiglet will have to sit in the naughty corner on tuesday haha! Only kidding dnt worry prob wont even show just make sure u drink lots of water!

Hi everyone,
How are you all doing? im really sad because i have to stop LL for a month due to finances and a broken washing machine :(
my friend gave me her food packs as when she did it she gave up on day two, so i have enough to last another week. but then i will have to survive a whole 3 weeks on my own!!! i dont want to come out of ketosis so not sure what to do. and advice?
xx

ohhh no twiglet!!! you were doing so well! cud you not look into other options such as going to laundrette instead of fixing your washing machine after all the money u have paid out already be such a shame to have to leave when ur doing so well! :(

Hi honey, how are you? I have looked at all options :( washing machine is essential, plus there are other bills too, its just been a bad month, im well and truely gutted as i love our group :( life can be pants sometimes.

x

hi ya!! yeh im ok thanks!! ahhh im so sad for ya after you were so excited last week!! yeh its a shame you have to leave our group its mad lol!! Well make sure you keep on here so you try and keep motivated and just try a cheaper option? sorry again hun :(

hi. i have just joined this site and started LL last Wednesday. i am finding it a little hard. i'm sick of the shakes and soups already! i'm having to force them down. i drink plenty of water, so i'm pretty confident with that. the chocolate one is about the only one i can happily drink at the mo - so i'm going to my councilor tonight to swap what i've got left for choc ones!
i can't wait to start on the bars Thursday!! i need something to chew!!!!

i've started doing body shop at home and learning to play the guitar to try and take my mind off wanting proper food..!

i go down the gym a lot - is anyone doing the same, and is it helping you with the weight loss - or doesn't it really make any difference whether you work out like a looney every day or not..?!

kim xxxxx

Hi Kimmi
I know how you feel, i joined last friday so only my 3rd day ! chicken soup makes me gag ! mushroom okishh ! Thai Chilli which wasn't too bad now makes me gag also ! choc is the only one i like. I'm meeting my LLC later to swap the soups for some shakes. Have you tried out the alternative recipes with the foodpacks if not take a look, i tried the chicken crisps, & there the best thing so far. I'm hoping it will get easier as time goes on as i'm determind to lose the weight & this forum is fantastic, lots of support, & helpful tips. good luck

Hi Kimmi and Bronte - I started last Friday so on day 4. I'm actually ok with the stuff so far, but I'm looking forward to the bars - don't know what flavours can choose from yet - and having a go at the muffin for a change of scenery.

I guess it's the determination that will help us get through this!

I'm going to ask tonight about going to the gym. I'll have to push myself to go but if it's going to help me lose more and tone up at the same time I'll think of it as necessary - who knows I might even start to enjoy it!

Good luck with your pop-in tonight - I go to mine too and having the before photo taken - we'll hopefully be putting up a ticker counting down tomorrow!

New to Forum

Hi all

I have been reading this forum since i joined lighter life on 1st October and enjoy hearing peoples experiences, but haven't posted myself so here goes...

i am in week 3 (4th weigh in is on Wednesday) and so far i have lost 22lbs (11 in wk 1, 5 in wk 2 and 6 in wk 3). It has been difficult and i have had so many cravings it is unreal but i have managed to talk myself out of cheating every time i have felt tempted and so far so good. Anywa, just wanted to say hello to everyone really and look forward to meeting some like minded people on the same journey as me.

i've tried the muffins and choc bar... both didn't taste very nice!!! haha. i may try again tonight.. will maybe not have my pack this afternoon and mess about with 2 packs tonight... it's just the fact that i obv have to force it down even though it tastes rank!! hehe it tasted like a muffin over done, chewy.. :eek:

i tried the vanilla coffee too - yuk!!!!

my LLC wanted to weigh me tonight, but i don't want to be until wednesday. i like the anticipation of waiting each week.

the thai chilli one i found the worst. it was vile. the chicken and veg ones ok. but i'm finding i can have the choc and strawberry shake better than anything else, so gonna get all those.

...had my body shop kit come anyway, so i shall be occupied tonight going through it all!! heeee

good luck

Starting tonight

Hi everyone, I'm going to my first meeting tonight and starting tomorrow - have been reading some of the other posts and just thought I'd introduce myself. I can't wait to get started - know it's going to be incredibly difficult at times but really need to do this!!

Back