any one had an endoscopy

mummy2beslim

taking one day at a time
Just wondered anyone had had this done and what were your thoughts . My mum has to have one next week and I am waiting for an appointment to have one due to my stomach and chest pain . I know you can have a throat spray or be sedated . I am really dreading it but even more scared to be sedated even when in labour i didnt have anything other than gas and air too scared off feeling out off control lol . I know hundreds have it done every day its just the unknown x

mummy2beslim said:
Just wondered anyone had had this done and what were your thoughts . My mum has to have one next week and I am waiting for an appointment to have one due to my stomach and chest pain . I know you can have a throat spray or be sedated . I am really dreading it but even more scared to be sedated even when in labour i didnt have anything other than gas and air too scared off feeling out off control lol . I know hundreds have it done every day its just the unknown x

I have had 2, both for a short time and a longer test. Both I did awake and I suppose it depends on how you feel about it? I have been told I have a very good gag reflex! It's not that bad, worst bit when it's going down but I was ok with it? i sat happily reading while it was in with no issues. Much better getting it out!
I knew it was for a good cause, just did my version of deep yoga breathing and meditation in my happy place while it was being performed.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Thank you . I think its just the thought off it going down if i keep gagging might be sick . Will just have to wait and see suppose

mummy2beslim said:
Thank you . I think its just the thought off it going down if i keep gagging might be sick . Will just have to wait and see suppose

Don't over think it, I just closed my eyes and thought of spaghetti! I think he was trying to complement me on my muscles in my throat...
It was in as quick as u like, they know what they are doing and talked me through it.

Don't over think it, I just closed my eyes and thought of spaghetti! I think he was trying to complement me on my muscles in my throat...
It was in as quick as u like, they know what they are doing and talked me through it.
thank you I will def try relax and not panic lol .I think the visualization will help spaghetti a good idea :)

thank you I will def try relax and not panic lol .I think the visualization will help spaghetti a good idea :)

How did you get on? Hope it went ok! Hugs from here!

Back