Any one in to cake making or cake design? Xx

ellen83 said:
What a shame, Birmingham was really good when I went. Bet it was nice to see the competition cakes though?

Not really got too much on cake wise (which is good seeing as I'm STILL waiting for my oven to get fixed - stupid agents). Am looking to try my hand at a cupcake bouquet in the next couple of weeks and hopefully figure out a plan for getting spirograph patterns onto a wedding cake and looking good!

Yeah there were some really great ones!! Ooh I like the cupcake bouquet made one for my nephews teacher last year :) am looking forward to seeing this wedding cake, when is it? Hope you get your oven sorted soon x

Yeah there were some really great ones!! Ooh I like the cupcake bouquet made one for my nephews teacher last year :) am looking forward to seeing this wedding cake, when is it? Hope you get your oven sorted soon x

The wedding isn't until September lol but it's the first topsy turvy I've done and will be the second ever wedding cake and it's not a straightforward design. I'll figure it out I'm sure. I also have 'interesting' plans for my wedding cake next year but have plenty of time for that lol

ellen83 said:
The wedding isn't until September lol but it's the first topsy turvy I've done and will be the second ever wedding cake and it's not a straightforward design. I'll figure it out I'm sure. I also have 'interesting' plans for my wedding cake next year but have plenty of time for that lol

Are you going to make your own? How fab! You'll be fine, I'll be looking forward to seeing it in September. Do you do this as a job then? X

Are you going to make your own? How fab! You'll be fine, I'll be looking forward to seeing it in September. Do you do this as a job then? X

Not as a job, hobbiest. Would do it full time if my boys weren't so full time lol. My wedding is also my 30th so will be making 2 cakes. Am probably mental lol

I'm actually hoping to re-train as a midwife and keep my cakes as a hobby, I love making cakes, and know I have the ability (without being big headed) but I don't have the business head to make a proper go of it, I'm too nice and would end up bankrupt. People don't realise how much time goes into a cake, especially sugar flowers. I've been told how much I should have charged for my cakes and I'm basically a muppet lol!

ellen83 said:
Not as a job, hobbiest. Would do it full time if my boys weren't so full time lol. My wedding is also my 30th so will be making 2 cakes. Am probably mental lol

I'm actually hoping to re-train as a midwife and keep my cakes as a hobby, I love making cakes, and know I have the ability (without being big headed) but I don't have the business head to make a proper go of it, I'm too nice and would end up bankrupt. People don't realise how much time goes into a cake, especially sugar flowers. I've been told how much I should have charged for my cakes and I'm basically a muppet lol!

Lol how old are your boys? You are mad but also think its a great idea especially when it's something you enjoy! Yeah people have no idea when it comes to cost do they. They just see that they could get one for a tenner in Asda lol. People tell me I should do it for a living I tell them theres not enough money in it. Would be great if there was tho eh! X

Lol how old are your boys? You are mad but also think its a great idea especially when it's something you enjoy! Yeah people have no idea when it comes to cost do they. They just see that they could get one for a tenner in Asda lol. People tell me I should do it for a living I tell them theres not enough money in it. Would be great if there was tho eh! X

My boys are just turned one and three. Lovely ages but LOTS of work. They are on the go ALL the time. My youngest was crawling by 3/4 months and walking before 9. Now he's just a cheeky bugger. My 3 year old is a nutter and is generally lovely but is full on and hates being stuck in the house, he starts to go bonkers after a couple of rainy days... he's not liking the current weather, although today wasn't 2 bad for him.

If you're competitive and have enough money to set up/advertise/really get yourself out there/do craft and wedding fairs and therefore spend LOTS of money then it can come to something but there are no guarantees.

When I went to Uni at 19 I chose photography thinking I'd be a photographer...same problem, luckily the degree killed my love a bit or I might have tried getting in the game...not worth it unless you have money behind you or know the right people.

ellen83 said:
My boys are just turned one and three. Lovely ages but LOTS of work. They are on the go ALL the time. My youngest was crawling by 3/4 months and walking before 9. Now he's just a cheeky bugger. My 3 year old is a nutter and is generally lovely but is full on and hates being stuck in the house, he starts to go bonkers after a couple of rainy days... he's not liking the current weather, although today wasn't 2 bad for him.

If you're competitive and have enough money to set up/advertise/really get yourself out there/do craft and wedding fairs and therefore spend LOTS of money then it can come to something but there are no guarantees.

When I went to Uni at 19 I chose photography thinking I'd be a photographer...same problem, luckily the degree killed my love a bit or I might have tried getting in the game...not worth it unless you have money behind you or know the right people.

Ah yeah my boys are three so I know where you're coming from. Wow your youngest moved early!! Incredible x

hi everyone im back sorry been off for some time trying to sort things out but im back and will post my cake pics later so you can see what iv been up to :). hows you all doing? xxx

All my new ones that iv made since iv been away lol xxx

Attachments

• image-419071698.jpg
    image-419071698.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image-105131232.jpg
    image-105131232.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3703955399.jpg
    image-3703955399.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3981496403.jpg
    image-3981496403.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image-99809386.jpg
    image-99809386.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2639555937.jpg
    image-2639555937.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image-651665525.jpg
    image-651665525.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1419370650.jpg
    image-1419370650.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1079283228.jpg
    image-1079283228.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1821517656.jpg
    image-1821517656.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3635367122.jpg
    image-3635367122.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image-28097302.jpg
    image-28097302.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 104
Love all the pics of cakes that have gone :) you all r great

Love the lady sunbathing cake, rainbow cake and the butterfly's there all really great :) .

Also love you football cakes hun well done everyone missed seeing people's pics xxx

gemst said:
Thanks hun you have any more cakes coming up? Xxx

Yes babe have a two tier sleeping beauty. Quite simple though as she's providing figures to go on it then a willy hen do at end of may :) gonna do some cupcakes and cake pops just for me to play too I hope x what bout you? X

Ummm I go away in 4 weeks but before I go I have a football cake, wwe cake, cars 2 cake and another but don't no what that is lol. 1 a week lol. Ooo I want to see pics lol xxx

gemst said:
Ummm I go away in 4 weeks but before I go I have a football cake, wwe cake, cars 2 cake and another but don't no what that is lol. 1 a week lol. Ooo I want to see pics lol xxx

Oh I did a football cake last week. Quite enjoyed it :) will upload pics when done. Obviously you have to do the same lol. I love seeing pics of cakes xxx

Lol of course I will do the same :). Awww love seeing your pics. I see your football cake there really really gd :) xxc

gemst said:
Lol of course I will do the same :). Awww love seeing your pics. I see your football cake there really really gd :) xxc

Thanks I was quite pleased with that one :) x

So you should be with every cake you do I don't like most of mine tho lol xx

Back