Any one in to cake making or cake design? Xx

Finally got around to finding you some photos!

Train...
314663_10150861919040581_1997881960_n.jpg

Skydiving Rig...
284874_10150728769975581_577840580_19826448_6940951_n.jpg

Airkix cake...
180967_10150402540640581_577840580_17346355_2944802_n.jpg

Oh my! Looking at all these yummy cakes is not good when trying not to eat! You are all very talented. I do potter a bit and would love to have more time to mess about with cakes.....maybe in the future.

Attachments

• image-1706655688.jpg
    image-1706655688.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1141546891.jpg
    image-1141546891.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3306743388.jpg
    image-3306743388.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 76
They're great. I love the dino!!!

Nothing exiting for me for a while now. Some cuppies mid July then something for friends 40th at end. Then holidays and a 70th end of August something gardening related zxx

~Laura~ said:
Wow, some fantastic cakes

I'm into cake decorating but can't do it very well. Wanting to make my mum a present cake for her birthday so will see how that turns out

Pics when you're done :) x

OMG! Sooooo glad I found this thread! All of your cakes are amazing! :) :p:0clapper:

I do enjoy the odd bit of baking but not the best at it. I was thinking just earlier I would really like to give the fancy cake making a go. It wouldn't be as a business opportunity or anything but mainly for school bake sales and what not which happen regularly! I was just wondering what are the basic decorating tools I should have? I have a piping set but thats about it!

Any help/tips welcomed :)

OMG! Sooooo glad I found this thread! All of your cakes are amazing! :) :p:0clapper:

I do enjoy the odd bit of baking but not the best at it. I was thinking just earlier I would really like to give the fancy cake making a go. It wouldn't be as a business opportunity or anything but mainly for school bake sales and what not which happen regularly! I was just wondering what are the basic decorating tools I should have? I have a piping set but thats about it!

Any help/tips welcomed :)

Hey i don't make as a business either - more for kids birthdays etc... Depends really on what you're looking to do. If more cupcakes i love the wilton 1m nozzle - gorgeous rose or swirls.... if looking to make cakes with sugarpaste you def need a good plastic rolling pin and a smoother. I also like the turntables but i'm a bit of a collector and have loads lol. There's a cake decorating magazine you can buy which has come with loads of freebies and has recipes and guides you through basic stuff - look it up you can get back copies online x

Rkmriddell said:
Hey i don't make as a business either - more for kids birthdays etc... Depends really on what you're looking to do. If more cupcakes i love the wilton 1m nozzle - gorgeous rose or swirls.... if looking to make cakes with sugarpaste you def need a good plastic rolling pin and a smoother. I also like the turntables but i'm a bit of a collector and have loads lol. There's a cake decorating magazine you can buy which has come with loads of freebies and has recipes and guides you through basic stuff - look it up you can get back copies online x

I actually back ordered that before I wrote on here yesterday!! I already have issues 1 & 2 but missed the rest as most of my newsagents couldn't get hold of it grrr! Was thinking I should get a smoother and whatnot! :) exciting. I want to try big cakes as I think my cupcakes are ok just need a bit of tidying up :) xxx

Lashes86 said:
I actually back ordered that before I wrote on here yesterday!! I already have issues 1 & 2 but missed the rest as most of my newsagents couldn't get hold of it grrr! Was thinking I should get a smoother and whatnot! :) exciting. I want to try big cakes as I think my cupcakes are ok just need a bit of tidying up :) xxx

Show pics?? Those mags are good but they awfully slow. I just struggle time to play so tend to only make people bday etx. Will hopefully get more time as kids get bigger x

Rkmriddell said:
Show pics?? Those mags are good but they awfully slow. I just struggle time to play so tend to only make people bday etx. Will hopefully get more time as kids get bigger x

Pics of?
I thought its a good starting base. Hoping the will come soon!! I want to get practicing as my sons birthday is in August! My son I is 7years but I still don't get time as I work 3days a week and go college 2days a week. Then it's either homework or cooking dinner or alike! Xox

Your cupcakes lol - i love looking at pics!!

What are you planning to make your son for his cake? have you thought about it? what are you studying? IKWYM being a mom is a full time job let alone fitting in the full time job, housework etc lol x

Rkmriddell said:
Your cupcakes lol - i love looking at pics!!

What are you planning to make your son for his cake? have you thought about it? what are you studying? IKWYM being a mom is a full time job let alone fitting in the full time job, housework etc lol x

Oooooh hahahaha!
No no thoughts yet! I was thinking something Mario themed!
I am studying Accounting in the evenings. 3weeks of my 1st year left 2more exams to take! Stressed.com :(

image-1825636088.jpg

Mmmmm banana cupcakes with frosting :) x

Mmm they look yummy!! My kids love when we make cakes lol.

Can imagine studying is difficult - be worth it though keep going.

And there's some great mario cakes out there, i was supposed to do one last month but it changed to sleeping beauty at the last minute lol x

Thanks they are quite yummy!

Yea it is hard but have to persevere for my sons and my sake! We just don't have any money! It sucks!

Lol that's a random change!!! I am going to look around online so I can start practicing! :) xox

Back