Any one want to be my WL Buddy???

Oh don't get me started on TOTM!!! CD is playing havoc with mine. Very irregular and last time it lasted nearly 2 weeks!

I just focus on how much easier TOTM might be when I am slim, how having hot flushes won't be so bad when I am not looking like a beached whale!

Keep your eyes on the prize Donna, you can do it! x

Ah the TOTM. I still haven't gotten mine. :( Doc said it's probably b/c of the diet and she had me sign up for a pap just to be sure (BLEH! I'm so so so nervous as I have NEVER had one before!! Urgh!!!) and she said if 1) the pap comes back fine and 2) I don't have it by next week she'd draw more blood to check my hormone levels. Urgh - this means, if I don't get it - TOTM will cost me 55 USD in doctor fees between the PAP and lab work! I can't even afford food right now - no WAY am I going to be able to afford those!!

Mandy - don't worry sweetie. I cheated this week too. We can hop back on together, yeah? :)

oooh sounds horrible GTPeach. that is the one thing i am dreading and as i turn 25 next year it is approaching way too rapidly!!! x

Yeah, the US says you need them either when you become sexually active or when you turn 18. At 22, I'm long overdue, but UGH! I don't want people touching me there. Especially not a stranger. And I hate being restrained. One doc I've never returned to restrained me for a strep test because I couldn't sit still (really sensitive gag reflex) and I ended up biting her finger! Served her right, I suppose, but still.... I don't like being restrained. ANd I don't like strangers anywhere near that area of my body, and I really, really dread going into that center - a lot of bad memories there. :(

i keep trying to think that thousands of women get them done every day and then get them done again the next year and the next and the next. if they were that bad they wouldn't go back. plus it's better than not getting them done and finding out you have cervical cancer

I keep trying to think that, too. But.... I really don't want to go to that place. They're cheaper (on campus, student resource) and they have much smaller speculum stuff than other places (which has to be good) but... My doc says it is like wearing a tampon. But I've never worn a tampon so that's n help.

no me either GTPeach so can't help there. i keep meaning to ask my mum about it but it's not something you can just drop into conversation!!! x

Hi Gem & Peach,
Thanks for the support. I have a coil fitted so I dont actually have the bleeding but I still get the pains & hormones! Having a smear/pap is not that bad, honestly! You just have to relax, make sure you ask the doc any questions you have before they get started. The speculum will be freezing when they put it in (unless you get a nice doc who warms it up first) and its dead quick. I have had three now & I'm only 25. It is so worth a few moments of discomfort to make sure they catch anything 'unforboding' god forbid.

Tampons are good too (no mess no fuss lol) but you have to make sure you get the right size lol.

Hmm.... maybe not the best subject to be discussing on a sunday afternoon!

Off to get weighed shortly so will report back.

xxx

Hi girls,

Just discovered your thread, hope you don't mind if i join in.

Nothing to worry about with pap Gem and Gt, i've had 3 in the last year due to borderline results (i'm 28) and have got another booked on wednesday, don't get me wrong its not something i would choose to do of a wednesday morn but it doesn't hurt (only your pride) its just a bit embarrassing, but the nurse does them at my surgery and put me totally at ease, its over and done with in a minute.

I'd never had one either until i had my son (age 27), and all the way though my pregnancy the midwife nagged me to go after i'd given birth. Good job i did due to these borderline results, fingers crossed its all ok this time or i will have to go for a colposcopy eek!

Anyway enough lady bits convo, anyone got anything exciting planned for tonight? Kippaxmum-hows it going with your team hun?

xxx

Ok, back on track after a bad week! When I did LL 6 years ago my periods stopped altogether, so a common-ish side effect in particular if you're in ketosis. Re the smear test, you shouldn't be restrained Peach, just lying on a bed and you'll be asked to put your heels together and drop your knees to the side. I recommend deep and slow breathing, actually blowing the breath out, and it'll be over before you know it! I'm an antenatal teacher so I know all about breathing while there's action down below :D!!

Today has been a good day so far, but I have this nasty cold so probably won't head to the gym tomorrow. I lost 3lbs last week, so that's 11lbs in 2 weeks, but I've gained 2 back since I've been evil. So the plan is to try and lose the 2 I put back on, plus another 2 if possible by Thursday. Gulp!!

Hugs all around (everyone)!
Mandy x

Well, as expected, I gained this week - mixture of water retention and yummy cream cakes pmsl. So, onwards & downwards... have vowed to you all, my cdc & myself to Sole source to my birthday (except for a planned meal on the 7th for my wedding anniversary)

I will be 11 stone by the time im 26! Woo Hoo

The team is quite slow. People don't seem to join in daily (apart from me!) and i think we have a vacancy as one of our members hasn't logged in for a couple of weeks...

And I couldnt put my results up as they are on my computer at work!

All in all a good weekend haha

xxx

you'll have a great loss next week Kippaxmum!

Mandy you really made me laugh when you said "since I've been evil"!!! hehe!

thanks guys for putting my mind at ease about the lady bits! x

At least you know that no subject is taboo Gem - we will always answer what you dont wanna ask your mum lol

Here's to a fab loss next week :)

I'm so fecking PO'd right now. I did not cheat even ONE stinking time last month and the loss came to a fecking measly 8 lbs. NOT EVEN ONE STONE!!

WTF is WRONG with my BODY?!?!?!

Hi Peach, looking at your first month losses combined with your 2nd month losses, you have lost a whopping 33lb - which is almost 2.5 stone! In 8 weeks that is fantastic!!!

How much do you want to lose? What do you weigh now?

Keep at it hun, you are doing really well...
xx

Hi everyone, managed to stay off the beer over the weekend, well until Sunday, shared a bottle of fizz with my OH and had a game of scrabble with one of my boys, for me that is good going....Everyone seems to be doing really well the photo's look great, well done Gem. Fancy pulling eh Kippaxmum, well done you. Glad I don't have to go through all that. OH might have got a job in Seville, so I'll need to look good when I go and visit him over there, that's keeping me going this week.
have a good one.

Well done on the fizz this weekend percy, wtg!

I'm now 1 shake & 1 pint down... got another pint on my desk & gonna get a cuppa to warm myself up!

Well done on the fizz percy. I'm down 35 lbs. total now - so 2.5 stone!! :D yAHOOO!!!

Back