Any one want to be my WL Buddy???

Where's everyone gone?

it's gone a bit quiet in here so i thought i would yammer on a bit to start it up again!
i'm starting my new job tomorrow as a teaching assistant. i'm sooooo bricking it!!!! i'm worried the kids will take the mick out of me for being fat, plus i have been out of work since the end of May and now i am reluctant to leave the house or do anything really...:cry:

Aww gem - you'll be an awesome teacher!

0 lbs so far this week. WTF!!! ARGH!!! This is getting to me, really, truly. 8 lbs. isn't enough to spread itself over THREE weeks!

Hopefully, a week or 2 with replacing 1 shake with a 200 cal meal will jump me over a plateau and I can go back to losing a lot with SS again....

I shouldn't worry too much GTPeach!
Have you asked your CDC why you haven't lost much?

My first two days of new job have gone pretty well. The kids are back tomorrow so we shall see how it goes...

We don't get CDCs in the US. :( It just plain sucks to not cheat at all and still not lose lbs.

I'm glad you love your job! I'm sure it will be fun hwen the kids get there, too!

Hi All,
I can't believe I started this thread then deserted you all!!! Anyway, I'm back now and back more determined than ever. I have been a bit poorly but think that is all sorted now (acid reflux back) and have also had to move up to 790 plan for a while (doing too much in the gym!)
I was doing really well till I found chocolate in my drawer at work! Hey ho, I'm off to the gym on my way home tonight (stuck here till 8pm) and then to cuddle up with my dressing gown, a hot chocolate shake & ghost whisperer.

How is everyone doing this week? I lost 8lb the first 2 weeks then put 2 on the second (blamed being ill) so am on for a loss this week!

xxxx

Welcome back kippax! Is the chocolate shake good hot? I've been making all mine cold because I couldn't stomach the taste of them warm, but haven't really tried messing with chocolate much.

Hi GT,

The chocolate shake (not tetra) is lovely hot. I make it with water just off the boil & with my electric hand blender so its all frothy mmmmmm

Hi Soon, glad to see you had a good day at work.

I have just got back from another gym session. I think I like 790 waaaaaaay better than sole source. I can do so much more in the gym! I'm gonna put some piccys in my profile soon

xxx

Oh yay gem!!! I'm glad!!

Go Kippax!!

Kippaxmum you look great in the pic! You can definitely tell you have lost a fair bit. Well done!

You have inspired me...so here are mine. I think you can tell I have lost. It took me ages to see it for myself though. These are the three pics taken after each weigh in. Please ignore my face: no makeup + hair not done = UGLY! lol xxxx

Attachments

• Comparison-small.JPG
    Comparison-small.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 21
Wow, go gem and kippax! You guys look great! I'm not posting mine until it's done.... but I've been doing well. Have taken my clothing from a tight size 16 dress to a tight size 8 dress in 5 weeks!! And have taken my pants from not really fitting into 16's (I wore a lot of elastic skirts) to a size 12. :)

Oh my god you guys I'm soooo scared I threw myself out of ketosis!!! I was so good today - 1st day replacing a shake/soup with a 200 calorie meal. Had a slice of sun dried tomato pizza with real buffalo mozzarella (not a lot of it) and on whole wheat crust with some field greens - no dressing, just pepper and a teeny bit of lemon juice. And a small cup of plain black coffee later.

But then I ended up staying unexpectedly on campus overnight. (Darn Uni and their crazy study necessity....) So as a result I didn't get either of the other 2 soups I'm supposed to have. Have a 200 cal meal to eat tomorrow, then must wait till 7pm or so to have either of the other 2 soups.

Have I screwed up the whole diet?!?! Is this going to kill me aka knock me out of ketosis?!?! :(

I've just started in on the 200 cal meals. I'm soo going crazy about what to eat and not. There's this grill chicken sandwich I want. If I have it without the bread, it's only 147 calories.

I'm debating whether I want to nix the honey mustard dressing. With the dressing is 147cals, 22g protein, 4g carb, 4g sugar, 4.5g fat. Without the dressing, it's 120 cals, 22g protein, 3g carb, 3g sugar, 2g fat.

So not a huge difference at all..... might be enjoyable to have it but don't want to drop ketosis. What do you think?

hey hun, try and stay away from anything with bread, honey , sugar or anything with carbs. Eating protein foods like chicken/fish salad will keep you in ketosis and therefore keep the hungar away :) xxxx
have a great day today and don't study too hard :)

I agree GTPeach, be really careful! I know how gutted you would be if you came out of ketosis xxx

You have lost so much already, keep it up! :D

I lost 5lbs this week yay!! x

Yay gem!!!!!!!

I haven't lost any more lbs. :( But I'm getting size 8s (US, 10 or 12 UK I think) up and zipped!!! :-o

Oh and the uh-oh with the whole wheat roll and whole wheat crust pizza did not knock me out of ketosis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went from high to moderate, but I think that if I drink a ton of water, eat just white protein on top of salads of leaves and maybe tomatoes without dressing, I should be back up ot high from moderate in no time!

I really hate being good and still not losing a single lb. in a week and a half. It sucks, big time.

Oh hell... next weekend I'm road tripping with my friends. I've only now been hit with the fact that - HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE MY SOUPS AND SHAKES?!?!

I've a mini blender I can plug in to mix them, but I'm trying to remember whether they have a stove I can use if I bring a pot and bowl.

If not, does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare my shakes/soups for 2 days? I suppose I could refrigerate a bag of ice and stick to chocolate and french vanlla if worse comes to it, but.... the ice likely won't keep on the way if I cna't find my old cooler! :-o

Back