Any one want to be my WL Buddy???

Ha, that's brilliant, if not a bit embarrassing! heehee!! why did you have a swimming cossie on underneath!?

Fantastic achievement though - think you better go and get a new skirt x

I had the swim on becuase my friend and I go swimming every Friday for exercise. So, right after work, I was going to our aquatic center, right across the road from where I work (okay, like 1/4 mile from where I work and across the road...). We'd meant to go the morning, before work, but it had been closed, so I just left it on for later. :)

Weird...

Number 1: I have just choked on my water...the water is trying to kill me!!!!

Number 2: When I was choking the taste of pure salt came into my mouth!!! What the hell?

Coincidently my chocolate shake tasted really salty today...veeeerrrrrryyyyy odd!!!:confused:

Gem - it's the ketonins. Ketosis tends to make your mouth very dry and salty. So think of it - when you taste salt, you taste SLIMNESS!

When it happened to me, it was bad. And afterwards, I got a blister or 2 on my tongue that hurt a couple days. After that, though, your mouth and body will adjust and you will be back to normal. I don't taste salt anymore, but still in ketosis! :D

ah cool, that's reassuring then! :)
man i am so bored tonight!!! i can't seem to get motivated to do anything though :(

Poor thing! I've had those days. I usually get a good book and go out ofr a nice cup of tea somewhere.

My boobs are looking more and more like deflated balloons everyday!!! This isn't fair! Why can't the weight come off my bum and tum first :cry:

Oh well, at least if I attempt jogging I won't knock myself out! :D

Don't worry gem - they'll come off! It's a rotten trick your body plays on you to get you to stop doing things it doesn't like - taking weight off where you don't want it off as much before it loses elsewhere.

Week 4 WI....

:scale: 4.4lbs gone forever!!! YES!!!!

That makes just under 1st 6lbs woohoo!!!
:party0049::party0049::party0049:​

I have this salty taste too but my ketostix say I am not in ketosis at all not even a little bit! My CDC even asked me what else I had eaten! errrr, that would be nothing then.

Oh, well done gem!!!

Angela - That's odd - it shouldn't be happening. Are you doing SS? And if so, are you adding anything to the soups and shakes? How much of the tea/coffee/coke zero are you drinking, and anything in those? And you have lost 5lbs - nice job!

"Angela - That's odd - it shouldn't be happening. Are you doing SS? And if so, are you adding anything to the soups and shakes? How much of the tea/coffee/coke zero are you drinking, and anything in those? "

* SS + 200 calories of chicken/fish and 2 spoons of veg
* adding water
* 1/2 cup of black tea or coffee a day
* hate coke

Hmm.... maybe it's the way you're eating veggies/chicken? Are you cooking them a certain way, or buying pre-cooked?

Maybe it isn't odd, then. I've not done the SS+ - just the SS. So perhaps it just takes longer for your body to go into ketosis when you're eating "real food"?

steamed only and everything is weighed. Apparently ketosis doesn't take longer because it is to do with dramatic calorie reduction, no carbs (and no cheese). Should be 5/6 days max.

I'm not sure then, sorry. :(

Week 4 Weigh In: Down 8 lbs!!!

Thanks!! And well done on your loss, too, claire!

Back