Any other brides to be?

PinkLadee

Hi girls,

I'm taking the plunge and have booked the big day for April 2013 :eek:
Need too lose at least a stone, preferably a stone and a half, to feel good about myself.
I'll be so proud of me if I do it.

I'm hoping to find a diet buddy who can support me through this.

Any takers?

Pink

Hey chick, there is a brides to be section on the site, can't link to it as am on my phone. I am getting married next year too. July 5th... Also my 30th birthday. I am aiming to lose at least 5 st more before then, am almost 2.5 down so far so 1/3 down and I've only been at it since December so sure you will get your stone hun.

Are you planning to follow anything in particular? I'm doing Slimming world and love it. I don't mind being your buddy, unless you'd rather have someone with a similar amount to lose, either way I hope to catch you around the boards and good luck!

Hey Ellen, would live to buddy up, you are doing so well. I will also look for the brides forum :)

I've had success before with SW and Atkins. I think SW is a better long term plan so will go for it.

I had a wedding this weekend, great fun. I'm stealing the church music and florist. Don't you have a whole new perspective when you've one to plan!

I've been good today, think I'm 11st 4lb (might be more after weekend binge). Hoping for 10st even!

mrsallentobe1984 said:
I'd be happy to buddy up I am getting married September 2013 and looking to lose 2 stone.

Fantastic thanks, I need some motivation :) I joined a local gym and I'm going on my lunch break as I have no time in the evenings. Hopefully I'll keep it up :)
Have you been dress shopping yet, I'm going on Saturday, wish I was a stone lighter for it!

Hi All,
Im getting married May 2013. I have been on Weight Watchers for 11 weeks and i have lost 18.5lb. I need to lose another stone or there abouts. I am loving the weight watchers plan.
I think exercise is key to weight loss. I started spinning :eek: and zumba :) and I have noticed a better weight loss since I started combining exercise with diet.
Good luck all x x x

PinkLadee said:
Fantastic thanks, I need some motivation :) I joined a local gym and I'm going on my lunch break as I have no time in the evenings. Hopefully I'll keep it up :)
Have you been dress shopping yet, I'm going on Saturday, wish I was a stone lighter for it!

Yeah I picked my dress back in November I was 14 then but have piled on the weight. My dress is a 16 as I found they were small made for my curvy figure. Hoping by the time for alterations it can be taken down to a 14 or 12.

I don't like the gym so my choice of exercise is cycling along with squats and sit ups :)

Well, I'm engaged, have my dress (which is now too small) but the wedding is very off for now. My best friend is getting married in June 2013 and she has asked me to be her bridesmaid; we both want to lose weight for it and I don't want to look back on the pictures at this weight.

I'm engaged! Have been for a year and a half! My fiance is at uni at the moment, so we're putting it off until he finishes, which is another year :( But gives me more time to lose the weight I want to! :D I want to look amazing on that day and every day after! haha xx

Hey girls, glad we are I'm the same boat. I stripped down to my underwear last night and got my oh to take a photo - oh my god, I have proper back fat! I also have stomach and arm fat in big quantities. Gym bag is in the car!!!!

PinkLadee said:
Hey girls, glad we are I'm the same boat. I stripped down to my underwear last night and got my oh to take a photo - oh my god, I have proper back fat! I also have stomach and arm fat in big quantities. Gym bag is in the car!!!!

Oh I'm gonna give the before and after photos a miss I think I'd die lol! I put on half a pound this week but expected it due to family funeral and a family wedding within 3 days of each other. Back on it this week with a vengeance.

I'm getting married too, eek lol! Ours is 3 years away, it is so far away as we want to get married on our 10 year anniversary just to make it that little bit more special. I reallt want to have lost 5 stone minimum by then and to have maintained, ideally I would like to lose 7 stone to take me to 10 stone. Put on loadsa weight trying to stop smoking a fee times, I've now been stopped nearly 3 years so it's not an excuse. My 2nd weigh in is on thursday, lost 3.5 my first week which is fabby hope to keep up the momentum. Goodluck with your weight loss :)

Hi! I'm new to minimins...I'm getting married too - next August (2013) ;) Would like to lose 2stones, but 1.5 may be more realistic. Am doing SW and have found some cracking recipes on here. Good luck to everyone with their journey..

Good luck ladies...I got married almost 21 months ago and I lost my weight with WW points, I'm now back on the propoints plan and I love that so much - I have just over a stone to get back to my wedding weight! I've put you up a picture - picked these because they show you my dress the best!! :)

Love talking about weddings so hope that you dont mind me being here ever though I'm a newlywed! xx

image-2058851052.jpg

image-4015398672.jpg

Back