Any other greatest losers out there ?

ColJack said:
So.... I'm in the final 10 down London on Tuesday.
Apparently I have to make a presentation and everything.
Wishing I hadn't signed the forms now.
I detest speaking in public or to total strangers face to face.
That's why I come on here. :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

good luck coljack. am rooting for u

Well done ColJack, hope you win!

You do know that if you do win you get a nice crown to go with that sash? ;)

Think I got to take my sash and certificate tomorrow for the photo shoot?
Crown??? Surely it's a tiara?

Coljack - all the very best for tomorrow. It's hard to speak in public when it's not your thing, but just think of your amazing success and be filled with pride!
Good luck :) x

babybuffy84 said:
Oh coljack Sw just tweeted a picture off the 10 greatest losers noticed you on there well done !!! :)

Just seen that! Guessing you're the one on the end with the sunglasses on?? ;)

They are react-a-lights.
And yes that's me on the far left.

Came joint 6th but it was a great day out and very inspirational.

ColJack said:
They are react-a-lights.

Well done :) any more pics :)

Not from me. I was in front of the camera.
There were plenty taken by 2 paps and my consultant.
I'll post the ones they send me when I get them.

ColJack said:
They are react-a-lights.

Well done that man! Xxx

ColJack said:
They are react-a-lights.

Well done :)

Well done and glad you had a good time. It is such an inspirational event isn't it? Pictures and words can not do it justice.

It's for the 10 finalists for the greatest loser contest.

Subject to change etc etc.

IanH said:
Well done and glad you had a good time. It is such an inspirational event isn't it? Pictures and words can not do it justice.

Got to chat with the guy who deals with the referral scheme and he's going to try to get a "guyary" column going in the mag to make it more bloke friendly. ("guyary" = guys diary. )

You not eligible anymore did you say? You must have placed in the top 3 then last time you went?
I definitely want tickets to the ball this year if I can get them.

Wasn't eligible as I've put on weight in the last 12months rather then lost any. Was 5th last year with a 15st11.5 loss (though my target at the time was 15.5st) - right now I'm sitting with a 15st2 loss and just surprised it's not more of a gain then that to be honest - I went to last years finals a month after being made redundant and haven't worked since :( There's still a part of me that wants that 16st award though - once I'm working again and able to afford to eat (I'm doing primarily green days as it seems to be cheapest - with one/two red thrown in when i can - but lost most my weight the other way around - primarily red with occasional green or EE - it just what worked for me).

Would be nice to see a male focus (even just a column/page) in the magazine...

It sucks to be unemployed doesn't it? I was out for 18 months and it was that which was the final straw to get me to SW.
You just can't be an electrician if you can't climb a ladder or squeeze into a loft.

Branston beans are usually on offer at £1 for a 4 pack once a month or so. Stock up when they are.
Cheap, if repetitive dinner if you get a bag of spuds for JP and beans.
Half a can with your HeB of bread for beans on toast for breakfast.
6 large free range eggs at aldi for 98p ( I think ).
Bag of "seasonal salad" is 49p in aldi and with a few other bits like onion, carrot, celery, cucumber etc you can stretch a couple of bags for "sides" for a week.
Chicken breast varies but I can get 6 decent "fresh" breasts from a butcher in town for £5 and with some leeks and cabbage and frozen veg I get a roast chicken dinner for a couple of quid.
You should check the "frugal February" thread for ideas. Or whatever the most recent one is ( think it may have spawned a string of them like the monthly challenges. )

Thought about becoming a consultant??
They need more men consultants they were telling me yesterday.
You may be able to get a small business loan to get you started. ?
Worth a look. ?

Would love to become a consultant - but it's a part time job with part time money - and would need to fit around a full time job - but being IT Support/Sysadmin has always in the past meant irregular hours and out-of-hours call/work which would mean not being able to give the commitment to the members i'd want to be able to give them.

Stupidly (in hindsight) - i should have gone through with my original plans when i was first made redundant which would have been to become a consultant (along side other self-employment) but - always keep that in reserve for somewhere down the line :)

I'm not entirely sure of the "pay structure" but a recent sneaky peek at our consultants newsletter from HO seems to indicate that it can be very lucrative.
Said something like the average earnings for a consultant being £300-£400 a week, but that depends on how many members and how many groups.
2 groups a week with 40 members each would get you about £300 I recon after whatever cut SW takes and room fees etc.
Plus there's the "shop" income. They must make a profit on that stuff.

Kind of glad I didn't win now.
He has / gets to go talk with Lorraine Kelly Monday. !!!

I was bad enough on stage for a minute in front of the small group there who had mostly been through the same thing I had, can't imagine a tv interview going out to millions. !!!

I'm still the shy guy who prefers to go unnoticed.

Must make an effort to watch lorraine on monday then. For some inspiration! Even though I can't stand lorraine if she's back presenting it, she's too sickly nice

Back