Any other men doing this?

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Just wondering, as I don't think I've seen any others. Not that I mind being surrounded by ladies of of course!

Do men really need a pack more than women? I'm starting to feel like I'm eating too much when I have 4 packs plus protein and veg. I take a multivitamin anyway. Yesterday was 750 cals which feels too high. Wont do 5 packs a day, as that could mean having up to 70g of carbs a day. Personally, I think I'd be happier on 3 packs pls the extras or just 4.

I just have a sedentary job and home life - don't do anything energetic. When I get back to the gym, I'd need more.

Maybe you could email s&s about this? Say that you don't think you need the extra cals perhaps? Explain your job etc. I'm on 3-4 packs. Depends whether or not I like one of them. As I'm on the taster pack. I didn't know what I'd like. So I'm just adding in the protein if I need to. It'll be tuna tonight if I need it :) xx

Hi. Yes, I am a man, also in an office job.
I agree with you, I couldn't manage 5 a day. I am having 4 a day (Bar for b'fast, shake for lunch and two meals together (Chilii or Spagbol) for dinner.
After week one, I also started having a little veg and I snack on olives, but no protien.
Although, I have only been on S&S for a week and a half (so my opinion doesnt count for much) I am fine so far.
It was the same with Cambridge a few years ago, I followed the "womans version" on that as well.

My husband is following it with me, he did have 5 packs for the first week but found it too much too. His job can be fairly active at points and at those times he will have the extra pack but generally he has 4 packs, veg, milk. If he does need anything extra on sedentary days he will have his protein ( his 5th meal ) but not always.
He has lost 26.25lb in 5 weeks and wants to lose another 1.5 - 2 stone.

Good luck
x

Thank you , everyone. And welcome to minimins, Grossey!

I've decided to do it - 3 packs a day, plus veg, plus protein. Then occasionally just 4 packs. I haven't been having 4 a day prior to this (as was mixing is and exante) and I've done fine,

I like my bar in the evening but I think I'll have to have it for lunch instead. Save my protein for a snack in the evening instead.

Good luck Andy!

I'm not really sure... but I think its a height thing, not just because your a guy. On LL too everyone 5'8 and over needed a pack extra a day.

phoenixx said:
I'm not really sure... but I think its a height thing, not just because your a guy. On LL too everyone 5'8 and over needed a pack extra a day.
Ll must have changed - when I did it, it was a straight 4 packs, and around 55o cals.

Not to worry, my metabolism has always been sluggish - I felt better having 3 packs yesterday and my weight loss was good today, so I'll monitor it for a while. Thanks :)

LL doesn't differentiate for height - it's 4 packs for everyone - no matter how tall or what gender. I believe that the CD has this though.

My dad is also doing SnS. He has 3 or 4 packs plus the protein meal, depending how he's feeling.

Back