any point in getting into keotisis if im eating on xmas day?

loveloveyy

hi there

as you may all know ive been bad this weekend:(

but i am eating on xmas and boxing day but do you think theres any point trying to get into keotisis if im going to be coming out of it on sunday?

thanks x

It would still help to stick to atleast a low carb/calorie diet to keep you on track, and any loses you have with that may balance out what you have Xmas day.

Unless you want to scrap it all and start over after Xmas.

I am hoping to stay in or at least near Ketosis over Xmas day, I think if I stopped now because I knew I was going to be eating on Xmas day I would be in real danger of starting on the slippery slope.

If I was you, I would forget the weekend and just carry on these next few days as normal on CD and then just watch the carb intake over the Christmas couple of days. Even if you are not in KT when Christmas day comes, if you are careful with the carbs it will still be so much easier the other side of Xmas. If you totally just go at it as a free for all it may not be very nice when you get back on after Christmas day.

Some people, despite having a blip will ease back into KT easily, its when that blip goes on and on that it can be a bit painful lol.

Be kind to yourself, make it all as easy as possible ;)

Hi loveloveyy

Can you be honest with yourself and know if you 'go off CD now' that you would eat carefully, and have healthy small meal choices, or will you go crazy-lady and eat the contents of the fridge and that whole tin of Quality Street?
If you do CD from now, then just eat your one Christmas meal I think that may be minimising the damage.
Thank goodness my CDC talked me out of doing the same thing. This is a really difficult time of year to be on a VLC diet. Food is everywhere!! Don't make it even harder on yourself trying to play catch up in the New Year, you could be a headstart there already!
Well done for logging on here first. I think when we take that time to pause (write) before just eating because the mood/urge has gripped us, its a tiny bit closer to getting to the bottom of our weight probs.
Good Luck!! ;)

thanks everyone for your advice, i am going to be good. im going to limit my carb intake and try to stick to CD as much as poss before xmas eve but i wont come off it completely as i know how easy it is to slip

xxx

Good idea. Also it's with bearing in mind that you can eat ketogenic foods that don't interfere with the diet. I had a fry up with seconds once and a slice of brown bread. Meat eggs White fish. You will be fine. Eat loads of veg will fill you up and make you feel like you are eating. Good luck. You can do it!

Good idea. Also it's with bearing in mind that you can eat ketogenic foods that don't interfere with the diet. I had a fry up with seconds once and a slice of brown bread. Meat eggs White fish. You will be fine. Eat loads of veg will fill you up and make you feel like you are eating. Good luck. You can do it!

really? what is keogentic food? where do i find them? thanks

worth saying that wholemeal bread isn't a ketogenic food. it may not knock individuals out of keto, but for most of us it would be game over.

Yeah bread is not ketogenic. I was just saying you can have a small amount of carbs. But I personally wouldn't advise it. Ketogenic food is food such as lean meat chicken turkey, go easy the red meat as these contain more fat. Other foods include Eggs, cheese and fish try and stick to whit fish like mackerel, cod, tuna. It's really simple. Try to prepare these foods in the healthiest way possible however it's not game over if u don't/can't

Also lots of veg. Green veg preferably. I stuck to this one week when I had loads of social events I couldn't get out of but still lost 6lbs that week and it wasn't my first or second week on the diet!

Yeah bread is not ketogenic. I was just saying you can have a small amount of carbs. But I personally wouldn't advise it. Ketogenic food is food such as lean meat chicken turkey, go easy the red meat as these contain more fat. Other foods include Eggs, cheese and fish try and stick to whit fish like mackerel, cod, tuna. It's really simple. Try to prepare these foods in the healthiest way possible however it's not game over if u don't/can't
So you mean the Atkins then? :)

Any form of low carb such as Atkins would keep you in ketosis

Lol yes I guess I mean Atkins. It's pretty cool. But be careful though the Cambridge diet sole source plan is meant to take you away from food. Eating could trigger you to over indulge. Just eat to be social. Don't eat because you can! If that makes sense!

Back