Any September Starters?!

Hello All!
Hope your all having a good day! Welcome to the new september girls!
I deffo agree were gonna rock it and be brilliant! Ive been buzzing all day today! Also first day having a bar today. Had it for my lunch it was toffee nut ... surprisingly nice!

:welcome:Hi Dotty & Bev & little miss- good to see you!
Little miss, a girl in my group says she likes have tea with the st clems drink mix, a but like an iced tea. Luckily I don't drink tea and only have my coffee black so has been alright but I've really missed diet coke.
Really missing food today :( finding it hard nit to be tempted, my children's dinner looked amazing tonight... I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm not hungry, I'm not stressed etc I just want to binge :sigh:
Pym - will you weigh again for 14 days or is it because you started before you first weight in...I can't remember..

Hey girls, welcome! We are a friendly bunch here and it's nice to have some more September starters.
Jemima my wi is on a Tuesday but I started LL on the following Saturday as I had a prior engagement on the Friday, so first weigh in was after 4 days then a weekly weigh after that! How u doing?

Ahhh I see... Thought it was something like that!
I'm okay, have drank about 4.5 litres of water which has helped lol!
Will try and focus tomorrow... I think it's cos I have pmt, I always crave really carby foods when I have pmt. About to watch "Clare Richards slave to food" which should help as previous to LL I was exactly the same as her yo-yo-ing and hated it!

Hello, how is everyone today?

Had my weigh in last night and lost 11lb! Totally amazed because I had started my period yesterday and thought that would mean I wouldn't lose as much. It really is inspiring and has motivated me totally.

I picked up a St Clements so that I can try the ice tea and also got a mousse mix to see how that works. They're expensive though so will have to make them last!

Did anyone watch the Claire Richards programme? I am going to watch it later today. I found the first two programmes really interesting, and at times it was like listening to myself. I have always been a total yo-yo.

Wow well done Bev, that's excellent!
Yes, I find myself nodding along to a lot on that program. It's like she has a very defeatist attitude right from the start which is exactly how I was. I'm surprised by how much junk she buys or her whole family though to be honest... I always ate reasonably healthy meals, it was the snacking and the portion control that always ruined it. I feel I have such a sense of satisfaction when I wake up now and feel in control where as before this diet. I jus felt totally out of control every day. I'd wake up already knowing I couldn't stick to being good that day.

Good morning all!!! Well, afternoon!! My son isn't too well, so having a snuggle on the sofa!!

I've not heard of that programme, will have to look online and catch up, sounds really interesting!!

It's my weigh in tonight and I'm not feeling very skinny today!! I am a habitual scale hopper and my scales don't seem to have registered much difference so :s

On the upside, the pain in my head seems to have subsided, which is a relief!! I was drinking so much water that my urine was clear!!!! I've never had that in all my life!!! Hahaha!!!

Went out with my OH last night for our anniversary, and ended up at ripley's believe it or not museum. Was very weird!!!
Unfortunately our steam train trip has been postponed due to technical failure!! Never mind!!!

I'm feeling a little grumpy however as his gift to me, as a token of our 2 years together was ...... Drumroll please (!)........ A scrapbook that I made for him for uni, with some photos that he'd added with some doodles on a post it note (which I also gave to him)
I know I should be grateful, it's kind of a sweet thought, but it cost him nothing, and he did it the night before which is a last ditch attempt.
After spending my savings on a first class return trip on a steam train and an afternoon in a transport museum for him, I feel a bit short changed! Especially when he has a full time job, has little outgoings and thousands in savings.......even a bottle of perfume, or a book or "something"!

Sorry to rant on here, I just don't want to hurt his feelings or seem ungrateful, but can't work out if I'm being a cow!!!

Am I being unreasonable?! You can be honest!! I'm in a melancholy sort of mood!!

Blah!!!!

Hope everyone is having a fab day so far!!! Xxxx

Good luck at your weighin tonight - I bet you will be surprised. :)

Its horrible when you are dissappointed by your oh attempts at marking a special occassion.

I think it almost always means more to women to receive an appropriate gift. Most me just don't get it. I do not think you are a cow - I bet many if not all of us have felt like that at one time or another.

If it makes you feel better, my best friends hubby made a "Manual" on how to run their house if he was away for their 5th or 6th anniversary. To him, he put his heart in to it so the thught was pure - but she was less then happy. Its probably the same for your guy - he probabloy thought what he made was really sweet and sentimental and special - and in a way, it is - but we like our things! :D

You could try to gently talk to him about it, but be careful - it could go wrong and blow up!!! Or you could just be happy you had a nice day out, and that he did think of you, and hope that in time he gets the idea and gifts improve.

I could tell you some real nightmares from my ex husband!! lol It could be worse! :)

xx
Have a good night!! :)

Good luck mrs B!
I would be the same as you & have been but then my husband makes me feel ungrateful... Actually my problem is more the opposite in that I nag him to do something thoughtful & he never does. One mothers day I got cash in a card- honestly I was disgusted really (I know that probably make me sound like a cow) but totally get your point - think I would have to leave very obvious hints as to what you want if I was you ;)
Hope you're son is feeling better?
The museum sounds good, hope you had a good evening x

Hey Jodie
good luck for weigh in. i agree completely and would feel exactly the same, but hun dont let it get you down, we just think differently then they do !!!
sending you big hugs x

Hi everyone!! Thanks for all your advice and well wishes!!

Jemima - my son is ok, his temperature did slowly go down, but he's still in with his nan at the moment!! Will let him sleep while he can!!

I did end up talking to OH this evening about the present, i told him i am really grateful, and i do love it, but it would have been better as an additional present, as if all i'm "worth" after 2 years is a £1.50 greeting card and a last minute attempt then i'm clearly in the wrong place!! He apologised and said he didn't see it like that, but think i hurt his ego more than anything!!

Still, onwards and upwards! Went to WI, and strangely it was just me and one other lady from our class, but was really lovely!!!

I told her about my headaches, and she agreed it wast likely dehydration, but as i'm ok now and hydrated, if it happens again i should go to my doc immediately!!!

This week i managed to lose 3.5lb, which doesn't sound much, but i think my body is still in shock from the water/workout fiasco and is holding on to it in case i decide to stop drinking again!! Hahahaha!!
Still it takes me down to a 12lb loss in 2 weeks, so can't grumble!! I'm on target for my stone a month loss, so all good!!!

How's everyone else doing!!??!

PS Jem - Money i a card?!?! OUTRAGEOUS!!! At least a gift card would have shown effort!!! Blimey! Stupid men!!
Blonde Logic - if you fancy giving us a laugh, by all means post your horror tales!! :eek:)

Thanks everyone again, and sorry to moan! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lol - I will post a funny story tonight. When yo hear it, you will all probably first wonder "Why did she even marry him after that?" But you will then understand why I divorced him!! :D xxx

Glad you talked to your fella. :)

And 3.5 pounds is a FAB loss!! Ask your LC to show you (if she has them too) the rubbe fat things - and look hos much the 2 pound size one is and then realisyou lost more than that! :D Its a great loss!!

:)

xx

Looking forward to it blonde ;)

MrsB that's excellent... I am certain that's how much I lost in my 2nd week as that's what my scales showed up, can not imagine another diet where you lose almost a stone in 2 week... It's grea :)

My younger son weighs about 15 kilos and is friggin heavy so I'm using him as a guide for my weight loss lol!
My husband went out last night and I made him take anything remotely chocolaty with him as I was feeling so tempted last night - I'm sooooo weak!

Hey Jodie - well done you - that is brilliant - next week will easily be the stone - the dress is ever closer
x

Looking forward to it BL!!! And I'm sure ur ex had *some* redeeming qualities for you to marry him!!!
And I'd forgotten about the lumps of fat!!!! Thanks for the reminder!!

Jemima: that's a good reference point!!! I think my son is about 4 stone, so will be just over halfway on my journey when I "lose him"

Xxxxx

Hehe!! Thanks pym, definitely getting there!!

Jem- Would also add that you're not weak, you're being sensible and removing temptation!! Good on ya!

Well done Mrs B, definitely a stone by next week.

As for the rubbish present from your hubby, hopefully your talk will have an effect but of course he needs to sulk a bit first.
I had a terrible present one year from my best male friend. He bought me spark plugs. He reasoning was that my car had broken down recently with a flat battery and so he didn't want me to be stuck somewhere and not able to get home. Sounds very thoughtful until you know that the reason my card had broken down was because he had been checking the engine and not put the battery things back right. So he had basically caused the flat battery! I gave him hell about it. :clap:
We've been married now for 8 years and luckily (for him!) his gift taste and thoughtfulness has definitely improved.

Hahahahaha!! I love that tale, and it's kinda sweet!!! I bought my oh some novelty spark plugs last valentines cos they said "there's a spark between us!" - he thought it was hilarious!!!
Can't imagine it as a real present though!!!

I know he meant well, but he always tries to "make" something, and I'm kinda just wanting some flowers, or perfume or something tangible!!!

I'm hoping he'll wise up ...... After he's finished sulking!!!!!

Glad your hubby's changed his ways and gets ur good presents! Xxxx

Have some time now...

I was lookiong forward to my ex-husband and my first Valentines Day together (pre-marraige) so about 2 months in advance I chose a Silver lighter for him and had our initials engraved - his one side, mine the other. It was lovely. Had it wrapped and ready for 2 months and could not wait for Valentines Day.

Valentines day came with all the excitement young love brings...and he came in from work, and I presented his gift and he looked at me like, "????" I said, "Its Valentines Day - duh! :D" He opened it, loved it and looked funny.

I said, "So, where's mine"

"ummm. errrrm. uhhhhh.....I didn't get you anything. I didn;t know it was Valentines day."

What - you mean Valentines Day again - this year - like every year in his life before. Did he think they cancelled the day after the last, oh, I don't know - hundred years????? lol

Well, I was CRUSHED!!!! Reallly dissappointed and hurt. And then I got angry, and stormed out for a drive. SLAM!

We had a lodger - a friend of mine - and she heard the door slam, came running down and he told her what had happened. She told him, "Fred!! You are in SO much trouble!!!! Jan had that made for you weeks ago - she could not wait to give it to you - you HAVE to go now, and get her something!! "

It was about 8:30pm and the only thing near us that was open was a drug store - chemist/grocery store. So he apparently rushed out - I was out driving around and crying and steaming, etc.

I came home about 9:30pm, and he sheepishly handed me a little parcel and a card. Didn't really mean much, but I took them. I opened the box, and it was "Joan Collins Perfume!" CHEAP!!!!!!!!!! lol And I thought well maybe a sentimental card might mean something.

I opened the card......and do you know what it said......?.......wait for it........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! he didn't even READ the card - just grabbed one....LOL

I-D-I-O-T!!!!!!!

So that was our first occassion together. I should have learned. It only got better on 2 occassions in our 15 years together!! It was a disaster. And everytime an occassion came along, I still went out of my way to get him something extravegant and lovely, hoping he would get the idea. And no luck- it never really improved. Loser.

That is probably my worst gift-exchange experience. The rest have not been much better. I seem to pick the guys that don't really get what gift-giving is about.

My hubby now, bless his heart, does try awfully hard, but funnily enough the gifts he gives me often tend to be something HE wants!! (IE Laptop; Wii; MP3 Player; Digital Photo Frame...all that techie kind of stuff which does NOTHING for me - but he tries.)

I finally told him, "Honey - future gifts should NOT have the need for batteries, memory cards or electrical plugs. Bear that in mind, and we should be alright." :D

he learned - last Christmas he gave me a beautiful fluffy spa robe, and bags of gorgeous spa products. It was a long time coming - but he got there. lol

Now we usually just buy ourselves what we want. No dissappointments then and eases the pressure of having to choose something.

It's not easy getting our men to understand us!!!! We really are from Venus, and them from Mars!

(have you ever read that book? By about page 3 I knew I must have driven my ex crazy!!! LOL)

Back