Any September Starters?!

OMG BL!!!!!!!!! That is truly horrific.....and also had me in stitches!! (Sorry!!)
I guess, comparitively, mine isn't so bad!!! I think he got so used to trying to make it "thoughtful" that he forgot that there are simple things like flowers and stuff!!!

My anniversary card is one of those humorous ones "I love you so much i got you this bit of folded in half paper" on the front!!
The inside is soppyy enough, the card just makes me laugh though, so i don't mind!! We saw it in Waitrose when we were picking a friends birthday card!!!

I think i'm going to just tell him, in no uncertain terms, when it comes to gift giving, i know you take notes on things i like, but i have an Amazon wishlist for such occasions!!!!!

I haven't read that book - perhaps i should invest, whilst he's still stropping in the corner!! Mardy-a**e!!!!

Men - can't live with 'em, can't legally get rid of them!!! Hehehe!! ( I jest!!)

In other news, i tried to do JM shred again, and got the shooting pain back, so am off to the DRs ASAP!! (Not this second, i've just got out the shower!) But will call in a bit and get it checked out!!! Grrrrrr!!!

Hope everyone's having a fab afternoon!!!!! MWAH! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hazar!!!! Welcome (back!!) and Well done on taking that first step and completing Day 1!!!! Sounds like you're off to a great start!!! If you can get through the next few days, you can get through anything!!!!

How much are you hoping to lose?! x

Hah blonde! Sounds like the sort of thing my husband would do!
Funny you say about electrical things , I've had that same convo with my husband after he bought me and iPod docking thingie for Christmas... Made me realise that unless it has a plug on it, I dont think he sees it as a proper present!
Ouch MrsB hope you are okay? What is this shred thing ?

Jemima80 said:
I'm also craving healthy foods - crunchy pepper is the one I want at the moment...Strange, I presumed my cravings would be for all bad things. Recorded some episodes of the biggest loser earlier and am watching that now for motivation... I also can't believe the amount of food on tv!
My LLC let me have the bars right from the start, I don't think I would've coped too well without them tbh, they feel like a bit of a treat to munch on in the evenings & are also so chewy they take a while to eat... What is the reason som LLC don't let you have them to start with?

Bars are usually allowed from day four, they have a higher carb content which is why they recommend no more than one per day.
Your taste buds will change as you go through, I'm a porridge hater yuk! I use a kenwood smoothies maker to make my shakes with lots of ice, so it tastes like a mcdonalds shake, yummy!

Try some distraction techniques if you feel hungry, I also use the broth mix, but I get mi e from holland and Barrett, much cheaper!

Steady on with the shred or other exercises while on total, as it is vlcd, you need all the energy you can get. I restarted my exercise about 7/8 weeks in, then just took it steady.
Also, this will slow your losses down, muscle weighs more than fat, the very lovely upside is your shape changes and it's good!

Good luck all new starters, hang on in there, early nights, bubble bath etc will really help.

For the water issue, I use a 750ml bottle with flavourings and sparkling water, it does help you losses, I get through 4-5 litres a day.
Jx

Ah thanks MrsB I will have a look at that :) I did quite a bit of running before LL although hadn't really during the school hols but before that about 3 miles, 3 x per week. I would like to start again asi found it a great stress relief but not sure if I should whilst on so little cals?
Julz, thanks for the tips, what's the name of the broth thing? I'll def look out for it.
Has anyone tried the mousse mix? If so, what did you think.
Was thinking of making a hot chocolate tomorrow with some of my sunshine orange mix.

Hello Mrs B

Well done 12 pounds in 2 weeks ....fantastic. You will be out shopping soon.......and perhaps the OH can make it up to u then ;) !!
Regarding the "gift"...I am sure most girls have experienced what u just have. I certainly have !

But r men truly from a different planet ?? How do they feel when we forget their birthday ?? OR buy them something feminine ??
Are we just making them look good by trying to find an explanation for the non caring attitude. I don't know the right answer ...but i have at times wondered :rolleyes:!

Hey maggie, and welcome to the sept thread!!
I'm a huge fan of anything Jillian Michaels does! I'm currently outbox action, but her 30 day shred is highly recommended!!
If you can't manage anything too vigorous, then I'm about to try yoga or pilates!! Anything with some kinda strength training, to get the muscles defined!! Xxxx

Hi lesjoanne, and welcome!!!

I'm afraid you will feel hunger until the ketosis fairy visits you at about day 3 or 4!!!
But it will be easier after that! You won't feel any hunger, and the weight will drop off! Xxx

I have a confession ladies, and i will keep it very brief.....but last night i made an educated and well informed decision to eat. I had foolishly forgotten my foodpack, thinking i'd be earlier home than i was, it was 6+ hours since i'd had my last shake, we were an hour from home and i was feeling really lightheaded after a busy day.

I think i made an educated food choice, and i was full within 10 mins.....such a great feeling!!

We will see if it affects weigh in on Thursday. But i'm back on today, no problems, no hitches, and feeling pretty good!!!

Didn't feel any guilt or remorse whatsoever, but my poor stomach was doing somersaults ALL night!!!

I am still here though, am in it for the long haul, and am more focused than ever, just without the worry of how i'll manage on RTM!!!

Hope everyone else has had a fabulous weekend!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ahhh mrs B I'm sure it will be fine and it's good that you're straight back on it, don't you worry!
I say this because I have done the same :( I couldn't resist... Which is awful! I was making dinner for the family on Saturday, a sausage casserole with dumplings and my son left half a dumpling (a low fat one) which I polished off :( I literally couldn't stop myself and also pinched one of the rolos from his pack - how pathetic, stealing food from my child, what is wrong with me?!
Won't happen again though, to be honest I want this food abstinence bit to be as short as possible and only I can control that.
Really hoping to take my bmi under 30 tonight but don't think I've had a big loss this week going by my scales.
Welcome lesjo, hope you're getting on alright? X

Hey Jodie
im glad you are cool with it - no point in beating yourself up - and even glader (is that a word?) more pleased that you are back on it - we are in this together and cant have you bailing out on me !!!
i really really wanted to eat this weekend not sure if it was boredom eating or actually hungry - boredom probably!
i read on these boards a few times that they think that the food will still be there when i get to goal and i think that thinking got me through
How is the head and the cold?
x

Hey Jemima!!

Maybe it's something in the air? It seems a few of us have "deviated" recently?? Granted, mine wasn't willpower related, but a better option than dizziness and weakness.

I do find myself having to stop, mid air, things like checking the temperature of my sons tea, or finishing off his scraps, so i totally understand where you're coming from!!!

Are you back on packs now though?! I've been 100% barring that day, and didn't find it at all difficult getting back "on" the plan, just notice my stomach feels hungrier, but guess that's normal!!

In fact, off to make some crisps now!!! Hope you're doing better, and are back in the right mindset!!!

Good luck at Weigh In!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pym!! Wondered where you'd been hiding (And where is Tia lately?)
The cold is non existent (Hurrah!) but the head problem is still about!! I've tried all sorts, even different pillows etc in case my sleep position is causing aggro, but still nothing!!!
It's only a dull ache now, and i can almost ignore it, it's just when i get my heart rate up that it's an issue.
But taking paracetamol and hoping it'll heal itself soon enough!
Just doing gentle yoga instead for the time being on the wii fit!!!!

Hahaha - i'm not bailing out, i promise!! I love the results too much to go back to food!! I just got a better appreciation of it now, and have no worries about RTM!!
I think it worked in my favour!! And, made OH over the moon that we could eat together!! (Once he'd given me a "talk" about the right choices, etc etc! Bless!)

How are you getting on?! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im good hun - all well my end.
maybe its a trapped nerve or something - keep an eye on it
i was also wondering where Tia was, we havent seen her in ages!!! i hope she is ok and still on plan.
i cant wait for weigh in tomorrow - i feel a little bloated this week and think i need a boost to know i am still losing ! i have to keep telling myself that if i am not eating anything but the packs, then off course i will lose! i incorporated some walking into my life last week - at lunch times instead of just sitting at my desk i went for a walk around town - felt better for it too!! still not started the 30 day shred!!! wimp that i am !
x

Aaah - you're not a wimp - i've had it in my collection for months and months, and had to work myself up to it!!! But i subscribe to a lot of "fitness/health" blogs on tumblr, and so got really motivated, and managed to talk myself into it!!

So jealous you get WI in before me (as daft as that sounds!!) Almost wish i'd chosen the Tuesday group, and then i could have stuck to Zumba with my fave teacher, but i see my best mates Tuesday, and they'd hate it if i bailed!!!!

Yeah, i hope Tia's ok too!! Maybe just super busy!!!

Well done on the walking!! I'm about to get my son from school, does that count?! Hahahaha!!

Talk in a little while - have to do school run!! BRB! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back