Any suggestions? Social Events and not eating

LorraTB

HI,

I've only been on LT since sunday and I'm going to a family party at a restaurant at the weekend.

I've no intention of eating, but wondered if you have any advice how to deal with the situation?

I don't want to make a big issue of it and really don't want to spend the afternoon defending my decision to start LT.

I wish I didn't have to go out so soon after starting LT. I simply don't know how to deal with it and it's stressing me slightly.

Thanks

Lorraine

Firstly, please don't stress about this!

i'd probably just say that you've eaten already but will have a coffee/tea/water. There's NO shame in telling people, and if they have a problem with you doing LT then that's THEIR problem and not yours, and you just have to be smiley and happy and have a lovely time.

I guess because I've told my family and friends then this issue hasn't come up until recently when i went out with work colleagues - none of whom knew, and i wasn't looking forward to it. I just said i wasn't eating and nobody batted an eyelid.

You kinda just have to take the bull by the horns that first time and get on with it, to be honest! You may find you don't need to 'defend' your decision at all.

Or if you say you've eaten already just say you did it cos you wanted to control your calories or 'not go too mad', but still wanted to come along and enjoy the party.

Have fun anyway :)

If you really can't face telling people just tell them you're getting over a tummy bug and had some dry toast before you left and don't want to risk anything else. Say water will do you fine for now.

Everyone knows I'm on LT so it is never a problem. If you just say it's a diet through the pharmacy or hospital (cos it used to be) they shouldn't have a problem with it. If a hospital has recommended it how could they have a problem with it?

Good luck with it anyway and I hope you have a lovely time.

Back