Any tips or advice welcome!

QueenOmi

Breakfast
Wedge of Watermelon
Lunch
Omelette with mushrooms/healthy living ham & spring onion
2 Clementines
Snacks
Pack of chipstick that I stupidly left in my desk and have been taunting me (6 syns)
Dinner
3 Mallon low fat gluten free sausages
Mash (without any butter)
Baked Beans

Heya lovely! This post is making me seriously hugry, and I'm a vegetarian. You did great!

I'll go over it and add some notes, hopefully it'll make me think more about what I'm eating too!

Breakfast was super healthy- but were you full enough after a small (light) breakfast? Perhaps that's why you ended up snacking! Hehe~ Don't feel bad about that though, you barely touched your syns with those.

Lunch looks delicious, you could add a bed of salad or some SW chips if you're still feeling peckish? I find that just some rocket, cucumber and cherry tomatoes goes really well with omelettes.

Dinner would ideally have more speed foods, I think? 100% on plan means filling 1/3 of the plate with them, right (correct me if beans are speed)? Could you maybe add some boiled parsnips/carrots/broccoli?

Good luck! ♡

Thanks so much hun! I actually added in fried (with fry light :p) onions and mushrooms to make up my free food. I'm not normally a breakfast person so having a wedge of watermelon first thing seems huge to me! I will stock up on the cucumbers during my next supermarket raid. I also have a fantastic pickled cucumber recipe which I will add below which makes a fantastic salad addition.
Your weight loss journey looks amazing!! Well done! :worthy:I always fall off the wagon when I lose the first stone because I feel so fab! This year no matter how many times I flounder (I really just wanted to use that word) I am hopping back on!!! :innocent0001:

Pickled Cucumber (Easy.....& Free) :greenapple:

Ingredients
One large cucumber
One deseeded red chili (optional)
One red onion chopped (optional)
1 & 1.2 cups of White Vinegar
3 tsp of sweetner
1/4 tsp of salt

Method
Slice cucumber up as thin as possible and place in bowl along with the red onion
Sprinkle with sweetener and salt toss well
Leave covered with tea towel for 30 minutes :whistle:
Mix in vinegar and chopped red chili and ready to go!

Well now I'm going to have to make pickled cucumbers, aren't I?! I've been toying with the idea of pickling my own eggs for a while now... Does it really only need to sit for 30 minutes?? I expected to leave it overnight.
Anyway cucumbers are the greatest! I have them with everything as they are so low in calories and so full of water. Watermelon too... Bring back Summer!

As for me, I always drop the first stone in only 1 or 2 weeks, then it slows down immensely. I'm working hard to stay motivated right now, seeing everyone lose 3lbs a week while I STS or drop 1/2. You can do it, though! How much do you have to lose? You might have it on your profile but I can't see anything on my phone hehe~

Keep it up! x

Yep, only 30 minutes, I sometimes don't even let it rest that long at all!

Stick with it hun! You can do it! Sounds like you had a quick loss and sometimes your body then decides to try and hold onto everything else for a few weeks but it will start coming off again. Don't knock 1/2 pound!! Even with that you'll have lost half a stone by Christmas!

I have 4 stone and 9lb to lose to get me down to 10stone which I'd be happy with!

Looks like you have the same goal! We should be slimming sistas! x

Ooooh goody! I have about 4 lbs more than you to lose, that's pretty close! I'm 100% down with being slimtwins- all my friends are skinny wee things and I can't really talk to them about this stuff... We can drop those 4-5 stone together easypeasy!

I'm going for a couple of SP days to try n kickstart this week (I'm attempting 26lbs by the end of the year, ha! Are you doing the 3 month challenge?), so hopefully it'll be better than 1/2 next week. Lentil soup now! x

What's the three month challenge? Sounds fun....ish!

I'm the same. I'm the fat friend! I used to be the skinny one. :confused:

We can definitely do this! I'm actually really determined as I don't want to ruin my friends wedding photos if they have to shoot everything in wide lens. I also
don't want to see everyone at festive season looking more like the Christmas ham.:eatdrink023: People will look to us for inspiration because we'll be so fabulous and slim! :king2:

I remember being here year ago and there were loads of different little clubs you could join to make up a little crew but I couldn't see any weigh in ones.

Hi Queen Omi,

Your daily eating lots great except if your craving things I just search for healthy alternatives of recipes I love. for example i love KFC popcorn chicken so i searched and came across this recipe. http://www.theendlessmeal.com/skinny-bang-bang-cauliflower/ it actually tasted just like it.

I also have a massive sweet tooth, love caramel so once again i searched about and found this recipe, its like salted caramel nut butter, its a amazing combo between almond butter (just like peanut butter) just heaps healthy and salted caramel. http://thenutbutterhub.com/salted-caramel-almond-nut-butter/

Start searching for your favs and it will help on your journey!

'Fun' is a strong word, hehe!
It's just something everyone here seems to do;
https://www.minimins.com/threads/new-quarterly-challenge-countdown-to-2017-oct-nov-dec.355908/
But I intend to reward myself with a treat in the Jan sales if I do well!

I'm exactly the same, my friends used to grab me around the waist and tell me how jealous they were of my (9 and a half stone) figure... How times change- I'm almost ashamed to be seen with them now, I feel like the hulk! When's this wedding? I have one this time next year and I fully intend on looking good in the photos too...

I used to stalk the forums before I committed to SW, and I swear they're not as active as they seemed a year or two ago. A little online group would be nice, I like my Image Therapy group but they're all much older than me and come with their husbands/wives/friends/family, so I don't really feel friendly with anyone. Perhaps we should start a Facebook one... It's a shame you're so far away and we can't go weight-loss shopping!

Thank you for the motivation x

Hi Brittnay! Thank you. That KFC chicken sounds yum! I will definitely be giving that a go! I'm such a savoury sucker! How's your weight loss journey going? x

Thanks Honey! I will join the challenge! Bought some fennel tea yesterday too as my friend who lost quite a bit on slimming world says it really helps. It smells like boiled Sambuca so I'm actually afraid to take a sip. :hide:
I reward myself constantly. Just bought a very expensive scarf because I figure when I get all skinny at least it will still fit. :D
A facebook group would be great!! It was three years ago since I did slimming world and there was plenty of different groups to support which made it much more personal and easier to stick with it!
I made a vegetarian pasta for my din dins last night. Capers, spinach, chopped tomatoes, onions, peppers and balsamic vinegar and it was yum! I've made it through two days now and I know it gets easier so just have to stick with it!
I get you with the hulk thing. I used to be a stylist and I love my clothes so it makes it very hard when I look like I'm bursting through them.
What is image therapy?

Morning!

I think I have some fennel tea in the cupboard, are you supposed to have it with each meal or..? I don't find it that bad, really, but I'm a fan of liquorice and similar flavours.

That sounds delish, I'll have to give it a go. Love my spinach! I'm about to attempt an adaptation of pumpkin pie, wish me luck!

Image Therapy is just what they call staying to group and getting "peer support" I think. If you want to add Kuma Kuraru (picture is a drawing of a cat and a fish) on Facebook, we can form a little group... Just need to recruit members! Of course, we need a group name too!

You can do it! Just keep your eye on the prize :D x

Monday 17.10.16
Breakfast
Overnight Oats with mixed berries
Lunch
Open BLT
Dinner
Korean Green beans with pork and 2 baked potatoes with Dairy lighter butter

Last edited:
Tuesday 11.10.16
Breakfast
Wedge of Watermelon
Lunch
Mushroom Omelette
Snacks
2 Clementines
2 Corn Cakes with grated Cheese
Dinner
Pasta with Spinach, capers & Tomatoes

Wednesday 12.10.16
Breakfast
Wedge of Watermelon
Lunch
Turkey Burgers with low fat cheese
Dinner
3 Mallon low fat gluten free sausages
Mashed potato
Fried Onions and Tomatoes

Thursday 13.10.16
Breakfast
Wedge of Watermelon
Lunch
Pasta with Spinach, capers & Tomatoes
Dinner
Mushroom, bacon & quark pasta

Friday 14.10.16
Breakfast
Wedge of Watermelon
Lunch
Mushroom, bacon & quark pasta
Dinner
Gammon and red cabbage
Snacks-
Salt & Vinegar Pasta crisps

Saturday 15.10.16
Brunch
Sausages, bacon, beans, eggs & 2 pieces of wholemeal toast
Dinner
Cheeseburgers with vegetable chips

Sunday 16.10.16
Brunch
Sausages, bacon, beans, eggs & 2 pieces of wholemeal toast
Dinner
Cumin rubbed lamb, onion & sweet potato fritters with minted yogurt

I also had AT least a bottle and a half of red wine over the weekend. But no regrets! :whistle:

Tuesday 18.10.16
Breakfast
Wedge of Watermelon :watermelon:
Lunch
Carrot & Corriander Soup
Leerdammer Light Cheese with dark rye ryvita and pickled cucumber
Dinner
Gammon with Cauliflower cheese

Last edited:
Recipes! :eating:
Carrot & Corriander Soup (Syn free)
2 Onions (Chopped)
500g of carrots (peeled and chopped)
1 litre of Vegetable or chicken stock
1 tbsp of ground coriander
1 tsp of fresh coriander (optional-garnish)

Chuck it all in a big pot, boil on high heat for 5 minutes and then turn down the heat and simmer for a further 25 (until vegetables are nice and soft)
Blitz in a blender or with a handheld
Sprinkle on some fresh coriander and enjoy!

Sweet Potato & Onion Fritters
3 Onions (half and slice length ways)
1 egg whisked
1 large sweet potato (grated or I used my mini chopper)
1 tsp of ground coriander
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of garam masala
Frylight (I always use sunflower for this)-you need quite a bit so I always count these as 2 syns

Mix together in a big bowl and form golf sized balls which I then pat down with my palm.
Spray cooking oil (quite a bit) on the baking tray
Place the fritters onto the baking tray and spray with frylight
Bake in over at 180 for 15 minutes, take out and turn over with a spatula and spray more fry light and pop back in for a further 15 minutes.
You can put these under the grill for five minutes afterwards if you like them crispy and I serve this with a mint yogurt dip! Yummy!

Wednesday 19.10.16
Breakfast
Wedge of Watermelon :watermelon:
Lunch
Carrot & Corriander Soup
Leerdammer Light Cheese with dark rye ryvita and egg mayo (made with Tesco healthy living salad cream)
Dinner
Chicken and Brussels sprouts with crispy shallots

+3lb this week due to being away for the weekend and also away next weekend where I'm staying in a house that I don't have any control over what they cook but trying to be as good as I can possibly be.

Monday 24.10.16
Breakfast
Fat free yogurt and 2 clementines
Lunch
Tomato & Pepper Soup
Dubliner Light Cheese with corncakes and Tesco healthy living salad cream
Dinner
Boiled Egg Meatloaf with balsamic roasted carrots

Tuesday 25.10.16
Breakfast
Lunch
Cabbage & Leek Soup with Dubliner light cheese with dark rye ryvita and salad cream
Korean Green Beans, with baked potato and dairy gold lighter butter

Wednesday 26.10.16
Breakfast
Lunch
Cabbage & Leek Soup with Dubliner light cheese with dark rye ryvita and salad cream
Five spice gammon with left over Korean Green Beans, with baked potato and dairy gold lighter butter
Naughty Noms
Curly Wurly

Thursday 27.10.16
Breakfast
Lunch
Tonkatsu with stirfry
Naughty Noms
Cadburys Brunch chocolate chip bar

Back