Extra Easy Anybody else doing it on their own

Onedayskinny

Hi there,
Not sure if I am writing in the right place as I only joined today. I started sw on 30th did a week, then stopped for a week as I was goin on hols. I'm starting properly tomorrow, and I'm very determined. I have bought the books and plan to do it without the groups due to lack of money and my shifts.
Iv read loads of forum pages on here and felt they have really given me loads of tips and so I thought I'd join up.... I was thinking this could be my support instead of doing the groups..
Does anybody else do it without groups/ the online membership and would like to perhaps support each other?!?
Is there already a forum page that covers this?
Becca x

Hi, I'm going it alone too. Been at it since 29th december and have lost 33lbs so far. Really hoping to lose 2lbs on wednesday to reach 2.5 stone off. I find this forum great for support and tips and I don't miss going to class at all. Would be great to buddy up!

Me too, as u say group is expensive and I found the talk afterwards rubbish. I am stuck in a rut at the moment as demotivated as nearly at goal plus we r trying for a baby so haven't got the full motivation iykwim. X

Lisa123 said:
Me too, as u say group is expensive and I found the talk afterwards rubbish. I am stuck in a rut at the moment as demotivated as nearly at goal plus we r trying for a baby so haven't got the full motivation iykwim. X

Sorry to hear you find the 'talk after it rubbish' Have you thought about trying a different class/consultant? As not all C's inspire and motivate everyone the same.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
I used to go to the groups and I REALLY enjoyed them, I have to say. I was very lucky in the fact that the consultants we had (few temps) were absolutely wonderful. Dedicated, friendly, understanding and full of joy and passion. If I could go back to group I would, but like OP I'm not in a financial situation which allows me to attend. As I've done it before and generally know the basic ins and outs of it I've decided to try walking the walk on my own this time. That being said, all the lovely attributes found in consultants: dedicated, friendly, understanding and full of joy and passion - well I find all of those in "you lot" here on the forums :) Whenever I feel demotivated, disappointed either in the weight loss or in myself or dead chuffed and excited - there's always loads of lovely people here to share the occasion with me and give me all the advice and motivation I need! So big thanks to you lot, and here's to giving it a jolly good shot you 'loner' guys, we can do it - I know we can!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

krupskaya said:
Hi, I'm going it alone too. Been at it since 29th december and have lost 33lbs so far. Really hoping to lose 2lbs on wednesday to reach 2.5 stone off. I find this forum great for support and tips and I don't miss going to class at all. Would be great to buddy up!

You are doing so well!! Well done Yes it deffinately would be good to buddy up... I am really hoping to loose around 2.5 stone initially and then if I do that, see how I go at carrying on.

Thanks all for your replies, it's nice to hear there are some people managing to do it without the groups. I am sure the groups are good!! My shifts just wouldn't fit for me to be able to go, and money is so tight at the moment!! Still, maybe if things get easier then I can consider going!!
For now, I will Carry on going with the support of the lovely people on here!

Yep, I just started SW a week ago using the online membership. As well as being cheaper, I don't really like the idea of going to groups, weigh-ins, etc. (in a strange kind of way it feels in my mind like something akin to joining the back of the dole queue - ok maybe not quite that bad, but something which I'd never want to do anyway) I've decided I'm going to do this my way by my own rules instead of doing what a consultant tells me (I know, I'm stubborn!) - for me, joining SW is more about having the facts&figures available about exactly what to eat, and letting my common sense do the rest :)

I'm really impressed by this forum so far - oddly, I think I've found more useful advice here than on the SW site, e.g. I didn't realise until yesterday that the 1/3 superfree was a compulsory part of the plan - the way they explain it on the website makes it sound like just an option for accelerated loss (Which explains why my first week has been a net loss of 0, and felt at times like I've eaten twice as much as is healthy. but never mind, I'll just treat that as a trial run).

Who needs a SW consultant when the folk here know how to do it :)

I am on week four going it alone but not alone as find this website brilliant for support, ideas, recipes and the much needed kick up the backside when i fall off the wagon as I did yesterday :D

We can do this! I try to look at it as healthy eating etc rather than a diet. The min I say diet I crave all the wrong stuff. If I have a blip I continue with the plan straight afterwards where as before I would fall off the wagons for weeks or months and then undo all my hard work

I have been on SW for 26 weeks now & have lost 2 stone (bar half a pound!!!) & do it alone from home. In my opinion if you want to lose weight, are motivated & focused......you will lose weight! I find this site invaluable & have all the support, tips, ideas, recipe ideas & inspiration I personally need.

hi, yes im doing it from home. Started today. Just wanted to say good luck :)

I'm going it alone as I live in the overseas and this site had been brilliant!!! There's so much info on here and what has really helped is seeing that everyone struggles just like me, and nobody is perfect all the time! I've lost 8lbs in 4 weeks even with quite a few naughty weekends and parties. Good luck on your journey x

hi . . . im a go it aloner as well been doin it for a few weeks now and wasnt doin too bad . . . until easter and school hols and ended up back where i started . . .i did SE last week . . and STS wtf. . . ive been looking at what ive been eatin and i think ive been eating toooo much fruit ??? i didnt realize how much sugar is in fruit so now im sat here starving . . . no not starving . . peckish but dont know what to eat for the best chocolate sounds very tempting but if i have one bit ill just scoff it all !! wat to do wat to do . . .gud luck starting SW and hope u have better luck than me xx

I just started last week and I am trying to go it alone. I work shifts and its hard to get to meetings. Thinking of joining it online to access stuff but ill see how I have done this week x

I eat a mountain of fruit- SERIOUSLY and it has no negative impact on my losses. If it is free and you are hungry eat. Don't sit with a grumbly belly!

Also eat your syns that's what they are there for- I have chocolate every day!

Hi,

I'm at go it alone at home with SW online.

I have been to 2 local meetings at previous groups, one was useless and the other seems very cliquey, and I didn't feel that welcome. But I know that SW works, all you have to do is look on here and see everyones weight loss, to me that is far better than a group, at least no one on here is asking for my change, asking me to buy extra things and bring in fruit everyweek!

Also I found at the groups I literally had the time when I was paying the consultant my fees to discuss any problems or queries that I had, and with a huge que forming behind me of people I didn't know, I felt people were getting impatient to get on the scales themselves.

I much prefer this site, I've not made many posts, but I love reading peoples diaries and their success's it motivates me better than any consultant, sometimes I am in tears that I am so happy for people getting closer to their target, but I'm a soft bugger and will cry at anything! But I know one day that will be me getting closer to the target!

All the best of luck!

Lisaxx

Also eat your syns that's what they are there for- I have chocolate every day![/QUOTE]

i had a REALLY BAD DAY on monday (think i used up enuf syns for the week in one day !!) :eek: so im trying to use as little syns as possible to make up for it

I started a week ago tomorrow going it alone at work with only this forum as my help. I went to group about 4 years ago and loved it but I can't get to that group anymore, my local group isnt at a suitable time and I tried weight watchers once... never again! so no choice but to do it from home now. It's hard some days but my motivation is slowly increasing and I know I can do it if I set my mind to it

Did you count up your syns? Did you really use all 105syns?

Back