Anybody else started Slimfast this week?

hi guys! After 'flirting' with SF for a couple weeks I'm starting tomorrow! I have one ready-made shake for breakfast (I don't usually have breakfast - a bit shocking, I know!) and I've just made up another for lunch (I mixed one scoop of vanilla and one of chocolate using the tins - I'll let you know how it works out!). I have some pretzels for a snack too. If I get hungry I may start having slimnoodles or slimpasta with pesto along with the shake for the lunch - the noodles are about 14 cals per serving if I recall, so you can have a full noodle/pasta meal with under 100cals (so instead of a snack mid afternoon).

The shakes are just so delicious and I finish them in a few seconds flat!

What are your favorite flavors and where are you buying them from? I got the tins for 2.95 in Savers but sending hubby to get the strawberry one from sainsburys tomorrow!

Hey I got mine from morrisons three tins for £10 and the ready made ones £5 for5. Good luck! Let us know how you get on with your first day, I weighed myself yesterday after only three days because I got impatient I have lost 2 pounds already! I need to stick to weighing my self at the end of every week only xx

I got my tin of chocolate shake mix for £4 at Tesco.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

so, day 1 went surprisingly well!

Breakfast: half a chocolate and vanilla shake, cup of coffee

Lunch: the other half of chocolate and vanilla shake

Snack: SF pretzels (less than 100 cals) & chai latte (179 cals)

Dinner: sweet and sour chicken with rice and spring rolls followed by yogurt and half a biscuit!

so I only actually had one shake! I probably would have finished it for breakfast if I'd had time but surprisingly I wasn't too hungry at lunchtime!

Feeling really hungry now though (midnight munchies always!).

Hey I weighed myself yesterday after only three days because I got impatient I have lost 2 pounds already! I need to stick to weighing my self at the end of every week only xx

well done!! I weighed myself tonight to give myself a start weight and it was actually a lot better than I imagined. I seem to so easily fluctuate though, half a stone or more either way!

Hubby told his colleagues I was on SF (why!?) and they said it was rubbish because you can't maintain the weightloss. Believe it will work for me though!

Thanks Faber im currently 12stone 11pounds (started on 13stone), i need to get to 10stone by 1st August so i can book my first beach holiday with my bf! have a meal booked tomorrow night from ages ago so ill only have one shake and one snack.

Never been so determined! we can do this, i need this forum to get through it. it is getting easier for me though and i appreciate my dinner so much more! lol

How much do you have to lose Faber?

Morning, I have started this morning (AGAIN). Just bought bars, powder shake and bottles. I am due to go on a night out on 1st March so i'm hoping to lose a dress size by then. Good Luck everyone. xx

I'm on day 5 now. Had a bit of a blip yesterday and ate a bit too much but I'm ill at the moment and guess I just used food comfort. Back on it today though. Going to weigh myself Sunday.

So I'm on my first day of SF - I had a few months of it this time last year and lost 2st, and have kept it off since! Now seems like the right time to get going again! :)

How much do you have to lose Faber?

I don't have too much now, I've lost weight over the last couple of years (since coming off the pill and leaving my desk job!! Made a big difference!) so only about half a stone left, maybe a little more, although I've apparently lost half a stone since Christmas! I was always 'the skinny girl' until I got married 3.5 years ago. Nobody would ever say I look(ed) big, I look(ed) normal but after spending my whole life previously being slim I wanted to be comfortable in my own skin, that's why we do it after all right? :) - Would be nice if my wedding dress could do up again too haha! I also have a beach holiday this summer - such a good motivation! This group helps so much too!

Today I had a shake and a half (didn't feel hungry so didn't finish it! Donno if that's best or not?), half a bag of crisps, noodles with veg and cheese for tea and now having a cuppa and the SF chocolate caramel treat - basically a mars bar!

Looking forward to strawberry shake tomorrow morning - find myself craving them last thing at night!

Welcome to the returners! Good to have you here!

Hey all! Not been on for a couple of days but still keeping to the plan!! Nice to see a few of us in this thread, hopefully will keep us all encouraged and supported as we all become skinny *******!!
Just thinking tomorrow I would love a sausage butty for breakfast, I have weight watchers sausages and nimble bread so thinking I'm going to split my 600 cal meal into 2 300 ones. So 300 cal for breakfast, shake for dinner then 300 cal for dinner, and snacks obviously.. do we think this will be ok ladies??

So I'm on my first day of SF - I had a few months of it this time last year and lost 2st, and have kept it off since! Now seems like the right time to get going again! :)

This is fantastic indigo, well done!! Nice to hear someone losing the weight with slimfast and even better to hear you kept it off! Gives me hope!

Keep slimming ladies :) xx

Weighed in today and I've lost 2lbs! Only problem is now is that I get a stomach ache when I have the slim fast shakes..has anyone else had a problem like this?

Well done!,:D .... I've dont have that problem I just erm seem to 'go' more lol

Haha well i definitely go more but out just feels like horrible cramping pain. I used to get that when I drank full fat milk but I only have skimmed now. Maybe the milk is disagreeing with me

hey everyone! well I didn't start yet :( im a sucker for weekends and giving in so i'm off to tesco now to stock up! i dont usually eat snacks but do you think it will help with the ''wanting to eat the fridge and cooker'' when i get in from work? hope you are all having a fab day!! xxxx

I started slimfast today.
Starting weight is 11st 11lb, dress size 14.
My goal is to shed 2 st. Short term goal to lose 8lb by 1st March.

I was 11st at 16, and lost weight in an unhealthy manner (starving myself and exercising insanely), so gained it all back gradually whilst at Uni. I was 12st 8lb at my heaviest, a few months ago, reduced portion size and started to walk everywhere so lost a a few lbs.

Now I'm ready to get into the correct mindframe and put in some effort to lose weight.

Good luck everyone xo

Hi ladies can I join your lovely group ?
I've decided to give slim fast a go too , done all the diets in the past most success was slimming world losing 8 stone , but kinda lost my mojo last year and 3 stone has gone bk on , I'm getting complacent wiv sw and a bit bored and stuck in a rut so decided to try something different and opted for slim fast , stocked up in January and not started it so tomorrow I'm going to start ,
Any advice and support is greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Von xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i dont usually eat snacks but do you think it will help with the ''wanting to eat the fridge and cooker'' when i get in from work?

I'm finding a choc bar with a cuppa is helping with my evening hunger! During the day I'm ok, mainly because I'm at work and my mind is off food (also think the shakes are quite filling!).

Also I know they say not to have the shakes hot but I'm gonna have a hot choc shake tonight, as I had my main meal at lunch (grilled chicken with rice and veg - healthy :)), plus I have vitamin supplements so should be ok :).

Well weighed myself again today and apparently I've put 2lbs back on! What the!? No idea how that's happened..I think my scales must be broken or my body hates me :(

Hi all. It's nice to see more ladies joining the thread! Good luck girls!!

Tipsy, I was doing the same thing, I was weighing like every 2 days in first week but had to stop cause it would say I've put on and I didn't like it! So my weigh in is in the morning and I've actually stayed off the scales since last Tuesday morning, I can bearly believe it!!
I'm not looking forward to weigh in though. Feels like I've been eating loads, I've been sticking to plan though so wether it's just me not feeling so hungry anymore and I don't know. Maybe it's that I split my 600 cal meal into two 300 cal at the weekend so I could eat breakfast with family.. that and I keep missing snacks out, which is good but it's not at the same time cause slimfast is about keeping metabolism high so when I miss snacks then have dinner or tea I think it will take longer to burn off because metabolism has slowed.. really need to make sure I eat my snacks!!!

How's everyone going? How's the first day going von? Xx

Back