Anybody else thinking of surgery after loosing lots of weight?

All NHS primary care trusts are different in what the criteria is to have surgery. My one (norwich) is to maintain for 2 years , Also if it is just for appearance sake it tends to be rejected if you have medical problems such as skin underneath belly ect is inflammed or you have become depressed then you are a higher candidate. Also our care trust doesnt perform thigh reduction (inside leg).

Your doctor or surgeon should be able to provide you with the criteria list.

julesrush
cdc norwich

I live in north London, so I'm hoping my primary care trust has a waiting time a bit shorter than that!! I'm hoping that as I've lost so much and lost it slowly they will consider me quite highly. Also the fact that I'm only 21 and last time I went to see my doctor I was in floods of tears because I was so depressed about the skin. I'm not going to do this in my consultation though because I don't want him to think I'm not pyschologically ready for it.........because its all I've wanted for the last few years!!

xxx

I went to Thailand a couple of years back - oh my GOD I loved it. To be honest I think us Brits can get a bit snobbish about things like the cleanliness of foreign countries because yes you had a few dirty places there ( like the UK - just go to my local hospital :) )but most Thai people have such pride in what they have and own that we shouldn't really be that concerned.

Went to a masseuse and for 4 pounds got the most amazing hour long massage. Got my hair cut at Toni and Guy in Bangkok for a tenner. Bought a pair of Gucci glasses and Gucci prescription sunglasses ( both real ) and 6 months contacts for 150 quid. Got a rip off Chloe paddington bag that everyone thought was real for 70 quid. The food was crazy, we ate like fat gits for a fiver a day and came back half a stone lighter! With a tan!

I love that place and now I'm very jealous of you............Grrrrr!:D

I really can't wait. Need to firm up the dates and then get the flights booked before it feels real. It looks like such an amazing place and the culture looks incrediable. I have just been to South Africa as well and you are right about snobbishness. I absolutely loved the place and most of the reaction you get is how can a third world country be so great.

Thailand is amazing, I went there for 3 weeks a few years ago and its gorgeous, the people are lovely(apart from some of the taxi drivers in Bangkok!) and its a fairly relaxed pace of life in the south....it would be amazing if you managed to get surgery done out there....couldn't think of a nicer place to recover in!!

xx

I really am so excited to go.

Do let us know how your consultation goes, will be interesting to hear. I think it is hard to know how to present yourself in these situations. You don't want to appear too together really because they may say psychologically that it is not affecting you that badly but like you said you don't want to appear like you are not ready for it. I guess you just have to take it as it comes and if you need to cry then do. I am assuming that the psychological profiling you have to go through is done seperately and they will be able to tell that you are a perfect candidate for it.

All NHS primary care trusts are different in what the criteria is to have surgery. My one (norwich) is to maintain for 2 years , Also if it is just for appearance sake it tends to be rejected if you have medical problems such as skin underneath belly ect is inflammed or you have become depressed then you are a higher candidate. Also our care trust doesnt perform thigh reduction (inside leg).

Your doctor or surgeon should be able to provide you with the criteria list.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Argggghhh 2 years :eek: that just might be my dreams dashed :cry::cry:
* goes off to pray that she falls just outside the Norwich PCT and under one not so stringent* ;)

Thank you, I'll post after my consultation and let you know what he says!!

I think you're right about how to present myself, I am definitley going to stress just how much it affects me and really play up the fact that I've lost the majority of it slowly(I'm not going to admit to having done cambridge as I think it would be frowned upon) and have kept it off!!

xxxx

Thank you, I'll post after my consultation and let you know what he says!!

I think you're right about how to present myself, I am definitley going to stress just how much it affects me and really play up the fact that I've lost the majority of it slowly(I'm not going to admit to having done cambridge as I think it would be frowned upon) and have kept it off!!

xxxx

I personally think you are a perfect candidate for it. They should be trying to help someone who has made so much effort and especially considering your age. I think you have proved this is a life change not just a diet.

think i shall be needing a tummy tuck, something doing with the floppy things that masqurade as my h cup boobs, upper arm lift and leg lift and possibly the huge flaps on my back. oh well better keep playing the lottery

Back